Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHat a strange night! Although, I suppose this setlist could be the "standard" one, going forward, and maybe we'll look back and view the S.D. shows as the unusual ones.

Next song prediction: With or Without You

LyricalDrug said:
Axver, what are U2's three most common openers?

1. Zoo Station
2. Elevation
3. Where The Streets Have No Name

should be only 4 left now, right.

i think the 11 pm rule is uniform across the country now. i think after 11 union overtime rules begin to apply. at least that is the case in nyc.

love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
sometimes you can’t make it
beautiful day
pride
streets
one
zoo station
the fly
elevation
mysterious ways
cobl
vertigo
ABOY

Wait, so is it Zoo Station/The Fly/Elevation/Mysterious Ways/COBL/Vertigo OR Vertigo/Elevation/Mysterious Ways??

Dasani said:
love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
beautiful day
pride
streets
one
zoo station
the fly
elevation
mysterious ways
cobl
vertigo
ABOY

How sure are you of this set?

Umm... what's up with the half-naked girl? :eyebrow: I'm sure the parents who brought their kids really enjoyed that bit. LOL! :wink:

<-- sad they dropped the Boy songs... :(

Last edited:
THey could have at least kept in Electric Co. but other than that, it's pretty damn cool.

I think the Madison Square Garden curfew is midnight, shows start at 8 with rare exception (like Springsteen with super long sets)...always end after 11 if it's the usual two hour show.

u2tours.com has changed their setlist now

Zoo Station, The Fly, Elevation, Mysterious Ways, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo

love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
beautiful day
pride
streets
one
zoo station
the fly
elevation
mysterious ways
cobl
vertigo
aboy
YAHWEH

Not that this means very much I think they can lose Elevation and All Because for a couple of other songs. They're a little weaker than the rest of the list, imo. Maybe throw in something else off of All That... or maybe throw in a Boy song or two...

What happened to the pre-War songs?? They have to keep them in the setlist!

I have a coworker at the concert who just called me to tell her tragic story about the bomb shelter:

Deb had 2 GA's for the show but her friend back out 3 days ago. Hearing about the lottery situation, Deb wanted to sell the GA at face value to a person going solo that would agree to meet up in GA line, save place for each other during breaks, and have better chance of getting into bomb shelter. So she meets a fan on a website (not this one) and they agree on the arrangement. They meet this morning at 8am and line up in GA line. When they get into the arena, Deb's ticket scans and tells her to proceed to the floor but her 'new' friend gets the red vertigo screen. Deb is sooo excited but when they walk to get their 2nd wristbands, the new friend pulls a guy off the floor (apparently they are friends) and says that he is with her. Then she leaves Deb on the main floor with her mouth hanging open.

Yikes! That was really trifling! Guess she would have been better off finding a solo person in the GA line. Soooo close....

pop artist, i'll take your word on msg, i moved away 4 years ago now, but it use to be a ritual to haul ass from msg over to grand central to grab the 11:30 metro north after every show.
bruce might have started earlier, i don't remember him having an opening act.
the bands can always play as late as they want, they just have to pay.

Dasani said:
love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
beautiful day
pride
streets
one
zoo station
the fly
elevation
mysterious ways
cobl
vertigo
aboy
YAHWEH

For all the hooplah, no Gloria, Electric Co, or An Cat Dubh. And I know i'll be listening to a bootleg tomorrow of Bono fucking up lyrics to Zoo Station and The Fly. Very shitty.

Come on, lads, give us Yahweh/Gloria/40!

And am I the only person who just spent ages dealing with server busy errors? It's like this place is more overloaded than on opening night ...

By the time this posts, the show will probably be over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom