an Ultra Violet(Light My Way) Gratification thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
I love this fucking song! It's always been one of my favourites.

This song goes down into those depths that even only some other U2 songs go, that screaming from the inside, for the answers. I find it Bono at his most raw.

:up: :bono: :up: :bono:

Ryan

Yeah, the live version from Dublin ZooTV is one of their most intense ever live performances, of any song.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I love this fucking song! It's always been one of my favourites.

This song goes down into those depths that even only some other U2 songs go, that screaming from the inside, for the answers. I find it Bono at his most raw.

:up: :bono: :up: :bono:

Ryan

Absolutely incredible song, one of my favorites. I saw these guys 6 times on ZOOTV and every time this song was the best played. UTEOTW live is incredible but Ultra Violet is the greatest song from that tour. I know thier sets are filled with AB songs but it would be an excellent choice for rotational basis.

Sometimes I feel like I don't know ...
Sometimes I feel like checking out ...
I wanna get it wrong ...
Can't always be strong ...
And love, it won't be long ...

:applaud: :drool: :hyper: :love:

One of their masterpieces without a doubt :drool:
Lyrics and music mingled perfectly. The music speaks where the words fall short and vice versa.

:up:

Yeah I'd join the movement
If there was one I could believe in
Yeah, I'll break bread and wine
If there was a church, I could receive in

Cos I need it now!

classic song!

what a bomb! said:
:up:

Yeah I'd join the movement
If there was one I could believe in
Yeah, I'll break bread and wine
If there was a church, I could receive in

Cos I need it now!

classic song!
:eyebrow: that's acrobat

Ultraviolet is great... :drool: And I agree with what others have said, live it's even more amazing. Especially with a good ol snippet of Help before it :D "won't you pleeeeease, please help me, help me...sometimes i feel like i don't know..."

I think of Ultraviolet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness as one song...it's hard for me to listen to one without listening to the others. Imagine if U2 actually closed a concert with the Holy Trilogy once!! :combust:

what a bomb! said:

oppps! bollocks! got mixed up! lol too many beers....

Haha! You pillock! No wonder you've got bloody FATHER JACK for an avatar!! :ohmy:

Oh Sugar, now don't you cry
Oh child wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
When the day is as dark as the night it long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Baby, baby, baby light my way.

I love this song. Some of bono's best lyrics. It especially rocks live.

AtomicBono said:
Ultraviolet is great... :drool: And I agree with what others have said, live it's even more amazing. Especially with a good ol snippet of Help before it :D "won't you pleeeeease, please help me, help me...sometimes i feel like i don't know..."

I think of Ultraviolet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness as one song...it's hard for me to listen to one without listening to the others. Imagine if U2 actually closed a concert with the Holy Trilogy once!! :combust:

Imagine this as an encore...

streets, ishfwilf, wowy, ultraviolet, acrobat, love is blindness...
:drool: :drool: :bow: :bow: :dancing: :rockon:

Two holy trinities in one encore!!

For those that havent seen it live here you go:

Clip is from ZooTV Washington 16th August 1992.

http://web mail.lib ero.it/r.php?d=libero.it&wr=_unreg_5gcs1r3w&ws=66hjsi45&e=libero.it&c=qh0cPpq4rv0nKB9d17yQsH1NW5iiyF4O54243

Just copy and paste the link into Internet Explorer, delete the spaces I have put in between 'web mail' and 'lib ero' and there you go. If you have any playback problems, download the latest codec from www.xvid.org.

This song rocks, here's hoping it shows up on Vertigo soon.

AtomicBono said:

That's so true... All 3 are such excellent songs! :drool: And oh my God, that would be the best concert ever!!!

U L T R A V I O L E T :up:

i'm listening to the song right now... and then i saw this thread....oh my god, that suggested encore would be the greatest moment in music. I don't mean to sound James Lipton about it, but damn that'd be fantastic

blueyedpoet said:
i'm listening to the song right now... and then i saw this thread....oh my god, that suggested encore would be the greatest moment in music. I don't mean to sound James Lipton about it, but damn that'd be fantastic

I know I know!

Joshua87 said:

Imagine this as an encore...

streets, ishfwilf, wowy, ultraviolet, acrobat, love is blindness...
:drool: :drool: :bow: :bow: :dancing: :rockon:

Two holy trinities in one encore!!

What about Discotheque-Do You Feel Loved-Mofo? That's a holy trinity to me... :drool: but I don't know where you'd fit that in, it would have to be before Streets because WOWY-Ultraviolet is good (though I think usually it was visa versa IRL, right?)

Baby baby baby light my way... :love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom