All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and in a decent variety of sizes; now it's only in small, XL and XXL----if one of those is your size, it's only 20 bucks, so grab it! I'm ticked that I didn't get the Zooropa Baby shirt years ago. Now they only have it in small or something. :sigh:

And I'm also hoping that they re-up the blue U2360 shirt with the symbols....it was in sparse supply at the shows I went to, and now it's on my Christmas list (hey, get someone else to drop 30 bucks!), but it looks like I may be out of luck if they don't restock it.....

Scrud I fit in M and L. :doh:
I did get the ZooBaby shirt but I never saw the Pop one!!!! :sad:

I love the symbols t-shirt, got one at one of my shows and it's great. There's something about the subtle U2 reference in them.. Wish I could've gotten the AB one too with the trabant on them, That'd be a nice gift to get with the AB remaster as those who already own one will probably be happy to have a replacement for the pieces of thread!

I found this somewhat odd and conflicting: I'm a Propaganda veteran and therefore a "Horizon" member of U2.com, so I've been eligible for the Tuesday pre-sale dates on this tour. I used them for Atlanta but haven't done anything with the round 2 (2010) code and dates. That being said, I'm also on the Seattle Seahawks' e-mail list because of some merchandise I had ordered back when Shaun Alexander played for them. At around 11 AM (Seattle time), which is only an hour after the Horizon (highest seniority) level U2.com members were eligible and before Breathe, Boots and Magnificnet levels, I received an e-mail from the Seahawks Shop for their pre-sale for the U2 concert in June, with a code for the pre-sale starting today through Thursday. I find it rather odd that random individuals who have at some time ordered Seahawks merchandise have the same pre-sale opportunities as those of us in U2.com. Did the Seahawks' ticketing office and/or TicketMaster do this in error?

~U2Alabama

I found this somewhat odd and conflicting: I'm a Propaganda veteran and therefore a "Horizon" member of U2.com, so I've been eligible for the Tuesday pre-sale dates on this tour. I used them for Atlanta but haven't done anything with the round 2 (2010) code and dates. That being said, I'm also on the Seattle Seahawks' e-mail list because of some merchandise I had ordered back when Shaun Alexander played for them. At around 11 AM (Seattle time), which is only an hour after the Horizon (highest seniority) level U2.com members were eligible and before Breathe, Boots and Magnificnet levels, I received an e-mail from the Seahawks Shop for their pre-sale for the U2 concert in June, with a code for the pre-sale starting today through Thursday. I find it rather odd that random individuals who have at some time ordered Seahawks merchandise have the same pre-sale opportunities as those of us in U2.com. Did the Seahawks' ticketing office and/or TicketMaster do this in error?

~U2Alabama

No, a lot of venues seem to be having their own presales that coincide with U2's. The difference is, none of the non-U2 presales are offering GAs, they only sell seats.

Although a lot of the venues offer these presales, they are not necessarily as good as the U2.com member tickets. Most I have seen around here do not let you buy GA tickets even while U2.com presale members are pulling them up at the same time. They seem to be pulling from a completely different pool of tickets. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I'm always a minute too late :lol:

Although a lot of the venues offer these presales, they are not necessarily as good as the U2.com member tickets. Most I have seen around here do not let you buy GA tickets even while U2.com presale members are pulling them up at the same time. They seem to be pulling from a completely different pool of tickets. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I'm always a minute too late :lol:

I wouldnt be too sure of that. At Raleigh they sold tickets to UNC DUKE and NCSTate boosters in presale in some of the seats especially 250 were better then members of TICKET CLUB got. (There was a post on 250 seats bought during u2 presale that were behind stage on side 25 row up.) Booster friend got 50 yard line seats 5 rows from field. It is fact of life that the stadiums have groups they offer tickets to. Season Ticket holders Etc. (they get just as much priority as U2 TIcket CLub )Members. They might not offer GA, I can't confirm that, but better seats were sold closer to date of show then people got in presale and there were GA available days before show on TM as well. Dont think being in TIcket Club will get you the best seats unless it is GA.
That is what has upset lots of Ticket Club Members. They feel they got worse seats then general sale.
Remember some of U2 fans are not teenagers anymore and probably need a seat vs standing for 12 hours just to get a sweet spot on rail.:yikes::shocked:

After posting my previous comment, I went back on there and used the Seahawks code just to do a couple of sample searches. Mostly I was coming up with nosebleed seats (300 level) or 100 level seats at the far end of the stadium when I did "Best Available." It didn't offer a search in G.A., but I was searching at what would have been around 2:30 Seattle time, so I don't know if they initially offered them or not. Thanks for the explanation though; I was unaware that the local venues had coinciding pre-sales.

~U2Alabama

A handful of my coworkers used that Seahawks presale code (although it came through as "Qwest Events" or something, so not sure if it was the same code or not - there were at least 2 floating around), and they got everything ranging from the $250 seats, the $58 seats near the rear back leg of the Claw, and cheap seats directly across from the stage.

So there are good options out there for people who don't feel they need to be on the field. My coworkers are happy to have beaten the rush on Monday. :)

Although one of them bought seats just in case she couldn't get GAs on Monday, so it was her safety net! :lol:

It should have been emailed to you when you resubscribed (To use for merchandise in the store, not for any other discounts).

Am I the only person who is having presale problems? I have contacted U2.com, LiveNation, FanFire, etc. repeatedly and still have no answer as to what happened to two of my codes. I just wanna see a show in North America. Is that so bad? Have I been banished from U2 land? :reject:

I wrote a glowing review of the cd. I'll write another if that'll help. :heart:

anyone think they'll let you use an unused renewal code for the next tour even if you don't renew?

Eww with U2 is you dont renew you dont go.... They are not into letting you not renew. Hell I got 5 months till membership renews and I can't get tickets......

Ticket Club has its privileges pay before your time if you want a ticket..

The Rule of U2 is $40 each leg. Thats how you pay for claw. Basically a $10 surcharge for each ticket that they dont have to share with Live Nation.:hyper:

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against U2, I love their music, I am a u2.com member (for the ticket sales) and I also have to admit that at least this time they made sure that most people were able to get the tickets they wanted.

Probably this has all discussed before, but it just came in my head that u2.com became just an ordinary way for U2 to increase cashflow.

Okay, you get a few dollars discount on merch and a CD with some remixes, but all the rest is available for everyone, with or without a subscription.
The way they emphasize with every announcement that you have to become a member to get access to presale and "on line tour coverage for subscribers includes virtual access all areas when the band are on the road: exclusive photography, reports and video from the show.."
All these info I can find it everywhere and better on u2gigs, atu2, interference, u2tour.de, youtube, u2log etc. The website is never the first in announcing U2 related news, they show videos that are available everywhere, they publish wrong and incomplete setlists, etc, etc. Never an exclusive in-depth u2.com member exclusive interview or anything like that. Why is the band not communicating to their fans via what is supposed to be their fanclub/site? The only thing that is really appreciated (besides the access to presales) is the contribution of Willie Williams.

The only reason people (me too) join, is to be able to get access to the presale. And why do they make you pay $50 for only that? At this moment there are around 93k members. This means 93kx50=$ 4,65 million.
And how many of these members recently renewed their subsrciption to be able to achieve tickets for 2010 presales? Those have to be thousands extra people.
Why did longtime members have to renew their subscription in order to access 2010 presales? If you had to renew or became a member just before the 2009 presales, only half a year later you had to renew again, why? answer: to achieve more money.
And what is even more annoying: all those people who paid again to be able to buy tickets, but not knowing if they actually had a chance of seeing them, since you never know if, when and where shows are announced. Probably many people form the UK renewed for nothing.
And if a presale is announced, it is announced the day before the start of it, so you will have to check the website 6 times a day...

Sorry I had to say this!

Weren't the videos they were releasing during the recording of NLOTH member only? (At least at first) I really don't know if there are any other member benefits other than what you already stated. I rarely go there, though I have been a long time member. The price tag for membership is pretty steep. I just try not to think about it :(

(And I will add that though those teaser videos were fun, it would have been nice to get something much more substantial after awhile.)

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against U2, I love their music, I am a u2.com member (for the ticket sales) and I also have to admit that at least this time they made sure that most people were able to get the tickets they wanted.

Probably this has all discussed before, but it just came in my head that u2.com became just an ordinary way for U2 to increase cashflow.

Okay, you get a few dollars discount on merch and a CD with some remixes, but all the rest is available for everyone, with or without a subscription.
The way they emphasize with every announcement that you have to become a member to get access to presale and "on line tour coverage for subscribers includes virtual access all areas when the band are on the road: exclusive photography, reports and video from the show.."
All these info I can find it everywhere and better on u2gigs, atu2, interference, u2tour.de, youtube, u2log etc. The website is never the first in announcing U2 related news, they show videos that are available everywhere, they publish wrong and incomplete setlists, etc, etc. Never an exclusive in-depth u2.com member exclusive interview or anything like that. Why is the band not communicating to their fans via what is supposed to be their fanclub/site? The only thing that is really appreciated (besides the access to presales) is the contribution of Willie Williams.

The only reason people (me too) join, is to be able to get access to the presale. And why do they make you pay $50 for only that? At this moment there are around 93k members. This means 93kx50=$ 4,65 million.
And how many of these members recently renewed their subsrciption to be able to achieve tickets for 2010 presales? Those have to be thousands extra people.
Why did longtime members have to renew their subscription in order to access 2010 presales? If you had to renew or became a member just before the 2009 presales, only half a year later you had to renew again, why? answer: to achieve more money.
And what is even more annoying: all those people who paid again to be able to buy tickets, but not knowing if they actually had a chance of seeing them, since you never know if, when and where shows are announced. Probably many people form the UK renewed for nothing.
And if a presale is announced, it is announced the day before the start of it, so you will have to check the website 6 times a day...

Sorry I had to say this!

Very well said. It is a ticket club and the $$ is gravy. OR a surcharge. Not sure why the boys need to collect so much. Feel sorry for all the irish and brits who joined just to get a festival show. I was surprised they didnt want to do a few more nights in their home country.

I have not reupped because my membership does not renew till april. It is the Principle I am fighting. Peal Jam and other groups I join don't make you pay more if they tour 2 times in a year.
I think I am going Crazy tonight......

:sad:

Feel sorry for all the irish and brits who joined just to get a festival show.

I'm still not clear why this is an issue. Why in the world would anyone have renewed prior to their expiration date or joined up as a new member until a show was announced?

It's not like you wouldn't get your new code within seconds when you renew (if you wanted a new code), and at this point it makes no difference if you join a week or a day before a show goes on sale you'd still be in the last presale group.

I actually have a membership that doesn't expire until February, but was planning to renew early if they announce Dublin shows. They haven't announced Dublin, I haven't renewed early.

I'm still not clear why this is an issue. Why in the world would anyone have renewed prior to their expiration date or joined up as a new member until a show was announced?

It's not like you wouldn't get your new code within seconds when you renew (if you wanted a new code), and at this point it makes no difference if you join a week or a day before a show goes on sale you'd still be in the last presale group.

I actually have a membership that doesn't expire until February, but was planning to renew early if they announce Dublin shows. They haven't announced Dublin, I haven't renewed early.

Yes, same here. I'll renew my subscription before February (when it expires). Or when Argentinan dates get announced. Until then, I see no reason to renew. I can wait until February to get that remix CD.
:shrug:

U2 are good at most things. Their website has not necessarily been one of them. They can do better. I hope that they will.

The U2.com teaser video's were cool. And they were member only. But then again, people on various forums requested and got non-member links - so in theory, those videos have been seen by many that didn't pay for memberships.

I don't care about that so much. I do agree that the news and updates can be better, more accurate and more frequent. So could other 'member only' content.

They record EVERY show. Why not make those available (copyright protected, like iTunes was) for members to DL for a mere $5.00 per download? The money could go to ONE, Music Rising, African Well Fund...

THESE kinds of ideas would be great for members

i agree. i never used my code the first time round (chicago didn't come together until a week before the shows, so i didn't ever think i'd be going), so i was planning on using it for the third leg. the next year's code i plan on using for the oz/nz leg. so i sure as hell am not going to renew until they announce that! it's not like there's an added benefit of moving up a tier or something. for example, i'm boots. if renewing early would move me up to breathe, i'd consider it. otherwise, i'd wait.

After weeks of calls and emails LiveNation finally emailed me re: my missing codes--they emailed me to tell me they were gone. I think I'm pretty clear on that. What I'm not clear on is why I can't get anyone to give me any information as to where the codes went, who used them, what show they were used for, etc. That's what was meant to be investigated. I mean wow. I'm starting to feel like I somehow magically offended someone in the band. I mean do U2 ever just ditch fans? Just joking.

Is this kind of thing common at U2.com or LiveNation? Seriously, is this only happening to me?

I keep hoping that someone has used my codes to surprise me but no tix have magically appeared. I'm just very disappointed--this has been a rough year and I needed my U2 fix. :sad:

After weeks of calls and emails LiveNation finally emailed me re: my missing codes--they emailed me to tell me they were gone. I think I'm pretty clear on that. What I'm not clear on is why I can't get anyone to give me any information as to where the codes went, who used them, what show they were used for, etc. That's what was meant to be investigated. I mean wow. I'm starting to feel like I somehow magically offended someone in the band. I mean do U2 ever just ditch fans? Just joking.

Is this kind of thing common at U2.com or LiveNation? Seriously, is this only happening to me?

I keep hoping that someone has used my codes to surprise me but no tix have magically appeared. I'm just very disappointed--this has been a rough year and I needed my U2 fix. :sad:

Welcome to the new world of U2 Corporate Rock RIp Off.
Live Nation is the Pimp and they will shake all the money out of u possible. I assume they are behind selling 250 buck seats behind the stage on side to U2 TicketClub Members. U2 has sold their soul so they can be the top grossing tour of all time. Life in ROck And ROll is about having the entire tour listed as sold out (because that is how it is done these days with only seats released for sale are counted.) Goldman Sachs is drooling at getting into selling shorts on ticket sells.
Trying to deal with Live Nation is like getting Health Care through Congress.
Just save your money next time and realize you can buy tickets below market cost as the show grows near. Or just wait for the DVD. Stadium shows are not what they are PR to be. Long lines of Traffic GA on floor with Porta Johns and no beer at college stadium etc etc.
Lets hope U2 comes down to arenas for their next tour.

:rockon::laugh:

And the idea of them selling bootlegs for the Red Campaign would be a killer idea if they kept the cost down to less then $10 but something tells me Live Nation would want the price to be closer to $20 so they got there share.
:sad:

Has Anyone Received "U2: Remixes" Yet?

I ordered this a long, long time ago (in October) when it was first offered for pre-order. I sent Customer Service an Order Status inquiry, and they informed me that the demand for this item has been greater than anticipated, and they will ship mine out when they receive more in stock within the next 3-4 weeks (which reminds me of the fiasco last year, waiting on Medium, Rare & Remastered). The thing is, I haven't read of anyone receiving it, what tracks are on it on here or on the U2.com website. And I'm really curious as to how mine would be in the second or later batch of stock shipments if I pre-renewed so early. Anyone received theirs yet?

Merry Christmas and Happy 6th Night of Hanukkah.

~U2Alabama

they wrote in an email (15 Nov):

For those who recently resubscribed for another 12 months - or subscribed for the first time - the 'Remix' CD should be with you early in 2010. We'll email you details ahead of shipment.

Yeah, I heard january too.

and wtf fanfire, the "demand has been greater than expected"? What fucking bullshit is that? They should KNOW how many members U2.com has, how can the demand be so much bigger? :huh: Incompetent fools once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom