All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, given that this is the first show of the north american leg and such, your best bet would be to call soldier field and ask them. hopefully you can park early though. :)

Thanks Khanada:wave:

I did go to their site last night looking for a number but did not see one

I might need to try again:huh:

have fun in Chicago RZ

On the eve of U2's triumphant return to North America, I just want to wish all those attending in Chicago a great show! Can't wait until Toronto.

I hope you write up some reviews of your RZ experiences for the rest of us.

OMG...why did I just get an email from U2.com entitled "Email correction", claiming that they're sorry for sending out an email to me about the red zone details when I wasn't an auction winner?!
But while I lost an auction for Saturday's show, I WON an auction for Sunday's show?!
And in the ticketmaster my account set-up it gives the details of my win and how I have to go pick up at the will call window!?

Um, why are they making my heart race like this?! WHY?! :huh:

Are U2.com only sending out these Red Zone emails to people right before each show? or has anyone received these new emails for later shows like LA or Vegas. Just wondering since I have not received that new email :hmm:

Are U2.com only sending out these Red Zone emails to people right before each show? or has anyone received these new emails for later shows like LA or Vegas. Just wondering since I have not received that new email :hmm:

Which new email? The one that said this:

Hello from the U2 360° Tour!

After an overwhelmingly successful European tour, we hope you're as excited as we are about U2's Chicago concert and gearing up for their most innovative and ground-breaking show yet.

On show day, you can pick up your tickets from noon on; (RED) Zone #1 and #2 enter through Gate #2; your (RED) Zone hostess' will greet you upon arrival in the (RED) Zone and assist you in accessing the exclusive (RED) Zone amenities.

Or the horror show one I received?! Did anybody else get something like that one?
I called ticketmaster and there doesn't seem to be a problem on *their* end, why would there be an email correction from U2.com from a 'no reply' address? Just to make me FREAK?! argh argh... trying to stay calm, this is such a challenge to faith lol...

Which new email? The one that said this:

Or the horror show one I received?! Did anybody else get something like that one?
I called ticketmaster and there doesn't seem to be a problem on *their* end, why would there be an email correction from U2.com from a 'no reply' address? Just to make me FREAK?! argh argh... trying to stay calm, this is such a challenge to faith lol...

Yeah the first one, are people receiving that new recently? Maybe I misunderstood... I have RZ in LA but haven't received any emails lately.

I would be freaking over that one you just got tho too :uhoh: I hope everything's ok!

Yeah the first one, are people receiving that new recently? Maybe I misunderstood... I have RZ in LA but haven't received any emails lately.

I would be freaking over that one you just got tho too :uhoh: I hope everything's ok!

thanks!
I'm guessing that they only send these other emails out when it's close to go-time. And what I wonder about is why they would have a list of bidders beyond winning bidders, you know? Why am I suddenly on some list of 'non-winning bidders' when ticketmaster has sent me notice that I won the auction, and that I have an order show up on my queue of events in my account with them, and they sent me notice that my card was charged and everything because I won a ticket, and that it's to be there at will-call, and that they confirm that yes, this will be there on the day of the show (but did the operatorperson *really* know what she was talking about my freaked-out brain gets to wonder?! Because she had no knowledge of this whole involvement from the red zone people with U2.com or whatever. argh.). I'm beginning to think I must cease to speak lol, because I'm just freaking myself out :crack:
Why would they track bidders who didn't win? How would they send out emails to people who don't have tickets in the queue with ticketmaster?! Why why why?! :crack:
Uh oh, there I go again...:crack:

Cheers all...

is toronto not getting any second auctions?
It doesn't look like it, which is too bad for a lot of people who were going to try. Its a shame that there seems to be such "grey area" of information in regards to the redzone auctions.What I mean is, for instance, do we know why (officially) Chigago got a second auction and other cities have not? I mean what is the number which determined that desicion?
So sorry if this has been covered in detail previously here- like most, I've neither the time nor inclination to go back through the mountain of posts and search.
Congrats to all who scored RZ for Chicago1 (1st and second auctons), and lets hope your experience(s) are documented here in detail tomorrow. Have a great show!
Cheers,

I suspect Toronto isn't getting second auctions because of the law suits in Ontario recently against Ticketmaster by the province and others. They really screwed up big time over Springsteen tickets and they are wary of "changing contractual obligations whether only perceived or real" (in my opinion) That's good news - keeping them a little honest is good for all of us.

too bad...just got my RZ notice for TO2...pick up tix starting 10am day of...
Ya I got my notice for TO 1 and it says after 10, day-of also. I thought that you could pick up day before and/or day-of?
Also- what time are most people planning to show up for red zones- as soon as they open the doors, or is there less of a panic to get a good spot?
Appreciate any feedback,
Cheers,

Ya I got my notice for TO 1 and it says after 10, day-of also. I thought that you could pick up day before and/or day-of?
Also- what time are most people planning to show up for red zones- as soon as they open the doors, or is there less of a panic to get a good spot?
Appreciate any feedback,
Cheers,
as soon as i can get down...although cousin who is watchin our little one will not get here until about 6 so after that...

Any news on how early you had to show up for chi-town night one to get a spot on the rail for red zone? I'm thinking of getting there around 4 after some time at the art institute today. (Culture myself up a bit.)

Apparently it's quite easy to walk into the inner circle with a Red Zone ticket/wristband -- I ended there by mistake, and no one seemed to care!

I just got my VIP tickets/package last night VIA Fed-EX.

If anyone has had the VIP experience I would sure like to know their thoughts and how the concert experience was. (God knows the tickets are very expensive at $550 USD each)
Here's what I received:

An elegant back and white cover letter expressing gratitude as well as assurances of a splendid time.
welcomeVIPltr.jpg

A greyscale map of VIP parking and entrance instructions. Pretty cool that parking is near the VIP entrance and exit road to the stadium.
parking_map.jpg

A parking pass.
parking_pass.jpg

A VIP Party ticket.
vippartytick.jpg

Concert Ticket.
ticket.jpg

quiv - I have VIP tickets to Wednesday's show in Toronto. I will post a report as soon as I can. I'm curious to see what the gift is going to be.

quiv - I have VIP tickets to Wednesday's show in Toronto. I will post a report as soon as I can. I'm curious to see what the gift is going to be.

Please!!!

Feel free to send me a message when you have posted.

I want to know how the parking expperience is. How the line is getting in and out.
How's the food and drink?

the Merch?

Most importantly... How is the view and sound of the show?

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to read your thoughts. :)

I think this thread mostly discusses red zone because not many people have the VIP package.. good on you. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

We were in the CHI 1 Red Zone last night. Here's my review...

Overall - awesome place to be for the show!! :love:

We got our tickets from Will Call around 12:30. They told us to come back at 4:45 since they were opening the gates at 5. We got there around 4:30. There were about 20 or so people already lined up ahead of us (all Red Zone). They opened the gates at 5 and it was pretty crazy for about 15 minutes since they had GA going into the same gate. Not very smart. This created a big bottle-neck. We were a little panicked since it took us a long time to get to the Red Zone area. (I think the Chicago local staff didn't anticipate how crucial timing is for U2 shows...I lot of people were held up waiting to thru a little narrow entry way. :doh: :down:)

Anyway, we got to the Red Zone and there were about 10 people already on the rail but we had no problem getting a really good rail spot. I've heard that if you stand between the masking tape, then the bridge stops right there in front of you. This was true and we were a little bit in front of that area for the show. :hyper:

We had Bono walk by once and then he also spent a lot of time on the bridge right in front of us. :ohmy: :drool:

Edge went by a few time and stopped right in front for a while to play. Very cool! Larry and Adam went by once. (We were in RZ 1)

Great place to see everything from even though it's basically a side view. Amaaaazing sound for a stadium tour. Seemed that the CHI RZ had a lot more people than the European Shows so if you want a rail spot, you probably want to get there right at 5.

Only negative? The 'exclusive' :lol: bathroom facilities for Red Zone is just 3 porta-things. So we just used the regular facilities.

Enjoy everyone! I'll post some photos in a little while. My head is still spinning from this weekend! :crack:

Apparently it's quite easy to walk into the inner circle with a Red Zone ticket/wristband -- I ended there by mistake, and no one seemed to care!

Yes, you could go into the inner circle and back and forth at CHI 1. The guy next to me went into the circle for a while and then came back to the RZ. It was already packed in the inner circle though by the time we got to the RZ so there weren't any good spots by that time...

Red Zone 2 rocked for Chicago 2. Extra info, I was in the inner circle on the back rail for Chicago 1. You can totally look at the guys without having to look at the screen, but a huge plus is you can see the screen without breaking your neck. For Chicago 2 they spent a bunch of time in front of Red Zone 2. Also, I didn't miss the huge line during the day.

I have nothing bad to say about the Red Zone.

:drool: Red Zone was awesome!!! We had Red Zone 2 for Saturday nights show. I loved it! We waited outside to see the band arrive and were treated with Bono coming out to say hi for a few minutes... got video and photos of him that came out great.. will post later. Then at 6pm we walked in to the stadium and into the Red Zone. Even though I am 7 months pregnant, we decided to take the rail and see if it was calm enough for me to stay there. We got the first open rail spot which was right past the green tape on the rail... AMAZING that when the show started, we only had maybe 1 to 2 people behind us at any time!!!! I was never once pushed and never felt crowded at all. The people around us were all great and excited I was there pregnant and everyone was happy in their spots. When we would go to the restroom or to get food we all watched eachothers spots. It was so mellow and wonderful! I noticed most of the crowd was all towards the front of the Red Zone, where you can see the front of the stage better. There were probably 6-7 rows back of people there or more. It looked pretty packed there. I was perfectly happy with my side view and comfortable spot. :) I was also pleasantly surprised at how close the main stage seemed, in photos I thought it would be much further away. Wish they wouldve used the catwalk more but we did get a lot of Adam right in front of us which was awesome. Bono came by once and Edge and Larry once as well. Unforgettable Fire and Bad are my 2 favorite U2 songs, so I was thrilled to get them both in one show! I was totally satisfied with my one show this leg and left the stadium more in love with U2 than ever :heart:
We also had a fun experience on Thursday night! We went to a late sushi dinner and at about 1230am, we went to the bar at the hotel where U2 was staying to get a drink. We walked in and right in the corner there sat Edge! So I grabbed the only open table in the bar which happened to be right across from Edge! My hubbie got us drinks and he didnt even realize that Edge was sitting there :lol: About 10 minutes in he looked around and saw him and was like Ah! I see why your eyes are all lit up! I was being really good and didnt want to bother him so I only glanced over a couple times but could see him out of the corner of my eye :) Best part was .. when Edge was leaving... he stopped right next to us, turned to my husband and said HI! We were both awe struck and couldnt really say anything back! My husband just gave him a nod LOL and I quietly said Hi Edge. Hahahaa. Edge was the one to initiate it and I couldnt believe neither one of us could make out any words or put our hand out for a hand shake. lol. My goal was not to bother him though and so I hadnt prepared myself for a possible hello. :lol:
Another couple fun moments were... Thursday night, we were staying at my friends apartment on Michigan Ave.. and we could actually see the stadium and some of the claw from her rooftop terrace! You could even hear soundcheck! So we went down to soundcheck and listened.. I was interviewed by a news channel because they were fascinated by my belly and that I took our baby in my belly to her first U2 show.... same thing happened on Saturday when we were waiting for the band to arrive... I was interviewed by Channel 5 news! Still have no idea if the segment was aired though!
We had an amazing, unforgettable time in Chicago!!!!!!!!! Thank you U2!!! :heart:

Now I'm going Red Zone both nights at Foxboro, just nabbed a pair at the inflated opening bid of $150 for night 1.
No waiting in GA line this time around.

:drool: Red Zone was awesome!!! We had Red Zone 2 for Saturday nights show. I loved it! We waited outside to see the band arrive and were treated with Bono coming out to say hi for a few minutes... got video and photos of him that came out great.. will post later. Then at 6pm we walked in to the stadium and into the Red Zone. Even though I am 7 months pregnant, we decided to take the rail and see if it was calm enough for me to stay there. We got the first open rail spot which was right past the green tape on the rail... AMAZING that when the show started, we only had maybe 1 to 2 people behind us at any time!!!! I was never once pushed and never felt crowded at all. The people around us were all great and excited I was there pregnant and everyone was happy in their spots. When we would go to the restroom or to get food we all watched eachothers spots. It was so mellow and wonderful! I noticed most of the crowd was all towards the front of the Red Zone, where you can see the front of the stage better. There were probably 6-7 rows back of people there or more. It looked pretty packed there. I was perfectly happy with my side view and comfortable spot. :) I was also pleasantly surprised at how close the main stage seemed, in photos I thought it would be much further away. Wish they wouldve used the catwalk more but we did get a lot of Adam right in front of us which was awesome. Bono came by once and Edge and Larry once as well. Unforgettable Fire and Bad are my 2 favorite U2 songs, so I was thrilled to get them both in one show! I was totally satisfied with my one show this leg and left the stadium more in love with U2 than ever :heart:
We also had a fun experience on Thursday night! We went to a late sushi dinner and at about 1230am, we went to the bar at the hotel where U2 was staying to get a drink. We walked in and right in the corner there sat Edge! So I grabbed the only open table in the bar which happened to be right across from Edge! My hubbie got us drinks and he didnt even realize that Edge was sitting there :lol: About 10 minutes in he looked around and saw him and was like Ah! I see why your eyes are all lit up! I was being really good and didnt want to bother him so I only glanced over a couple times but could see him out of the corner of my eye :) Best part was .. when Edge was leaving... he stopped right next to us, turned to my husband and said HI! We were both awe struck and couldnt really say anything back! My husband just gave him a nod LOL and I quietly said Hi Edge. Hahahaa. Edge was the one to initiate it and I couldnt believe neither one of us could make out any words or put our hand out for a hand shake. lol. My goal was not to bother him though and so I hadnt prepared myself for a possible hello. :lol:
Another couple fun moments were... Thursday night, we were staying at my friends apartment on Michigan Ave.. and we could actually see the stadium and some of the claw from her rooftop terrace! You could even hear soundcheck! So we went down to soundcheck and listened.. I was interviewed by a news channel because they were fascinated by my belly and that I took our baby in my belly to her first U2 show.... same thing happened on Saturday when we were waiting for the band to arrive... I was interviewed by Channel 5 news! Still have no idea if the segment was aired though!
We had an amazing, unforgettable time in Chicago!!!!!!!!! Thank you U2!!! :heart:

Great story! And you are one brave woman!:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom