All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking the same thing

- no presales
- no general sales
- no auctions

what are we going to do for two months???

-dan

:up:

I'm in RZ 1 - there's a row and seat number. I saw something about the seats being provided for "pre-show" comfort. Does anyone know if we're confined to that seat area? are they basically folding chairs? are they removed prior to the start of the show?

sorry if this has been covered before - I'm a RZ noob.

edit: haha - look at our locations.

I'm a total noob too, only bid because the price was so low. Had been drooling over the RZ, but thought there was no way I'd be making a serious bid for it.

I'm RED1, row GA3. I'm praying RED1 is the Edge's side, I've never been on Edge's side at any of the U2 shows I've been too :pray:

Yeah, I'd noticed the mention of pre-show seating for the European RZ, but no mention of it in the US. If it's at the back of the RZ I won't be going anywhere near the seats. Getting in as early as possible, & straight to the rail. Will be very nice not to have to spend the whole day in the desert sun to get nice & close (guess this could also be the case for the lucky GA members, if they do the lottery).

Congrats Phoenix RZ'ers, total bargain! :applaud:

My Sister, Friend and I will be in Section RED2, row GA2, seats 8-10, there better not be any stadium crew making me sit in my seat beforehand because that's not going to happen.

I may wear a tag:

"Hi, my name is -dan"

-dan

probably for starters, then they will pick up the chairs before the opening act.

maybe even bring the chairs back while they are setting up the main event.

i'll end up wishing i had RZ for every show.

-dan

The best unintended benefit of the RZ?
Not really losing your spot if you want to skip the BEFPs and hit the bathroom or eat something.

I figured there was no way in hell I was going to get "In The Sound" circle with GA, so RZ was worth the expense.

Mark

I've got PHX RZ 2, I'm really thrilled! I think they will be great, now to get rid of my one GA for Phx. Any takers for face value?

Sorry, if this has been asked before (didn't want to search through 70 pages of posts to find the answer), but is Red 1 the Edge's side or Adam's side of the stage?

Of course you're on page 4 of the thread and the info we have on the subject(which is by no means definitive) is right here within the first 4 pages, so you don't have much searching...get started, you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment when you find your answer on your own. :wink:

RZ seating

I have these RZ seats for the Vegas show. Is there a seating chart to look at for the RZ yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Why no seat chart for the RZ?????????? Shouuld I assume that these are front row seats?

Section RED 2, row GA1, seats 86-87

According to the description the Red Zone is not a seating area.

As per TM

Auction package includes access to the (RED) Zones--high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways & access to a special concession & merchandise stand.

i.e. the two red areas noted on the TM seating chart.

27564s.gif

The other information noted on confirmation is most likely similar to the regular GA tickets that also give row/seat numbers just for accounting purposes but doesn't really mean anything.

I have these RZ seats for the Vegas show. Is there a seating chart to look at for the RZ yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Why no seat chart for the RZ?????????? Shouuld I assume that these are front row seats?

Section RED 2, row GA1, seats 86-87

Start doing squats and stretching out the calf muscles and get the Dr. Scholls for the shoes, RZ will be standing.

There may be some sort of chair situation, but it won't be assigned (my guess).

I'm RZ for Vegas, too, but I can't remember if it's 1 or 2.

Mark

WHEW!!! ... I had won a Red Zone auction ticket for Dublin, but still hadn't received the "second" email OR had my credit card charged!! :huh: (I was worried because I live in the US and thought maybe they disallowed it. :shifty:)

I had emailed Ticketmaster.ie, but no response.

So last night, I made the call to Ireland! ... Was on hold for awhile ... Then, asked the guy to check ...

He said my bank didn't let the charge go through (although I had bought presale GA's for the same show with the same card and it worked fine for those!) Hmm ...

So then he says, "Do you want me to try with the same card again?" I said, "Sure." ...

And, 3 seconds later he says, "It went through this time. Here's your order number."

WOO HOO!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So, all I've got is that number (and the charge on my bank account) ... No confirmation email or record on "My Ticketmaster." ... So, when I go all the way to Dublin and walk up to that window, I better not hear, "Ticket? What ticket?" :doh:

i don't get how you were able to do this RED Zone auction when you live in the US. I tried it and when it came to the country part there wasn't a option (in the drop down menu) for the US only ireland and the UK. So, how do you do this? I'm curious.

WHEW!!! ... I had won a Red Zone auction ticket for Dublin, but still hadn't received the "second" email OR had my credit card charged!! :huh: (I was worried because I live in the US and thought maybe they disallowed it. :shifty:)

I had emailed Ticketmaster.ie, but no response.

So last night, I made the call to Ireland! ... Was on hold for awhile ... Then, asked the guy to check ...

He said my bank didn't let the charge go through (although I had bought presale GA's for the same show with the same card and it worked fine for those!) Hmm ...

So then he says, "Do you want me to try with the same card again?" I said, "Sure." ...

And, 3 seconds later he says, "It went through this time. Here's your order number."

WOO HOO!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So, all I've got is that number (and the charge on my bank account) ... No confirmation email or record on "My Ticketmaster." ... So, when I go all the way to Dublin and walk up to that window, I better not hear, "Ticket? What ticket?" :doh:

lol, you're a lucky man Brad!

Before my Phoenix Red Zone purchase, I did a 'test run' during the Vegas auction, when it was still at $115, just to see I could make a bid ok (obviously not going to win with that bid). Just like you, I used the same credit card I'd used for the LA presale (no problems for this purchase), & what do you know, CC failed the authorisation process. Crap! So I spent 2 days on the phone to Ticketmaster (went through 2 international phonecards), before I finally spoke to someone who knew they were doing. He solved my problem in less than 5 minutes. Turns out the CC authorisation for the auctions was stricter than that for normal ticket purchases (due to the larger purchase prices I guess). He got me to rearrange my billing address in myticketmaster (had to put my PO box numer before the phrase 'P O Box', & what do you know, problem solved :D

Good luck with that RZ ticket, I feel bad enough travelling half way round the world with just the confirmation emails.

i don't get how you were able to do this RED Zone auction when you live in the US. I tried it and when it came to the country part there wasn't a option (in the drop down menu) for the US only ireland and the UK. So, how do you do this? I'm curious.

I'm in the US also and won for Dublin3. The way you can still do it is, simply fill in all of the information (i.e. address) shoved into the other boxes... The credit card stuff was all the same... So charging the CC is the same. My card was charged, but as with everyone else never got the 2nd confirmation email AND its impossible to email ticketmaster.ie since they seem to be unable to deliver the email from the contact form...

I'm in the US also and won for Dublin3. The way you can still do it is, simply fill in all of the information (i.e. address) shoved into the other boxes... The credit card stuff was all the same... So charging the CC is the same. My card was charged, but as with everyone else never got the 2nd confirmation email AND its impossible to email ticketmaster.ie since they seem to be unable to deliver the email from the contact form...

but my question is you don't have the option to pick the US. So you leave it at the default? which is ireland I think. And just squeeze the US info in the address part? I wish I had known this I would of done the red zone for dublin.. damn it..:sad:

but my question is you don't have the option to pick the US. So you leave it at the default? which is ireland I think. And just squeeze the US info in the address part? I wish I had known this I would of done the red zone for dublin.. damn it..:sad:

Yup... I had saw that some others had done that also... Plus the tickets are will call so they aren't mailing them anywhere... Now I just have to figure out how to get confirmation without spending a fortune calling Ireland...

Hey All,

Has anybody had experience with the VIP yet. Does it limit general admission ticket holders from being in the "ellipse?"

Hey All,

Has anybody had experience with the VIP yet. Does it limit general admission ticket holders from being in the "ellipse?"
from what i've gathered, the vip tickets are for their own section, not the ellipse area (or whatever it will be called this time). where the red zone is varies from venue to venue, for some it looks like you're behind or off to the side of the ga sections, for others it's in different spots. but as far asi know, if you have tickets for the red zone, you won't be granted access to the standard ga area.

Can someone help me. I won Red Zone for Toronto 1. My card was charged and I received an email saying it was paid for. Do I pick up the tickets at will call and if so when can I do that? What's with the seat and row #'s on people's tickets I thought it was GA.

Can someone help me. I won Red Zone for Toronto 1. My card was charged and I received an email saying it was paid for. Do I pick up the tickets at will call and if so when can I do that? What's with the seat and row #'s on people's tickets I thought it was GA.

Red Zone tickets are will-call only, day of show, AFAIK. It is GA standing, the seat/row numbers are for TM accounting purposes only.

There are also only 300 people in RZ 1 and 300 more in RZ 2. There should be plenty of room to move around and also in between the places where Bono and/or the rest of the band move.

Red Zone tickets are will-call only, day of show, AFAIK. It is GA standing, the seat/row numbers are for TM accounting purposes only.

Red Zone tickets for Berlin are being mailed.... looks like it really depends which city is it for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom