All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the line leaders are pretty well known to a lot of people, if someone sees them leave early, it's a safe bet that they're not trying to beat traffic. :wink:

I have a weird sort of fun bitching about it online, but at the shows, rest assured I give zero fucks.

(And it's a weird fun for me because I let it cause me way too much stress on 360 the one time I tried to line up, and ended up having my very first ever anxiety attack .... I mean, it wasn't just the line, it just all piled on. Long story. Short version - I now give zero fucks about it, but enjoy reading about the drama just a smidge. Because I like popcorn.)

Well that's really really sad. I feel bad for them. I really do. Nothing is quite as pathetic as a super fan of anything. I'm right on the border with U2, Kevin Smith and Howard Stern. Things I love, but I don't call into a radio show. I don't wait in line days before or wait to meet the band. I have met Kevin Smith, but that was pretty early on. But I don't care about autographs. I don't want to be part of the band. I just want to enjoy U2.

But these people aren't trying to get a good spot. They are trying to feel part of the band. To let people know THEY ARE REAL FANS and are the 5th member of U2.

Guess what? After concerts are over, they are waiting in the only line they have left. The line waiting for death that we all are on. And you're always at the front and end of the line in the queue.

:)

You do god's work, sir.

YES! I was behind Tally McTallenstern. He was a really nice guy but I sort of wished he had left me in front of him for one song.

But whatever. Bono threw his water on me, Bad, Shine Like Stars, 40, and a ton of amazing shout outs for the marathon bombing survivors. Amazing amazing show. #BostonStrong

They also think they're doing a big public service to other U2 fans. Oof.

I mean, I have a few friends that are often at/near the front of the line. They're my friends, but they know I am a big eyeroller about the line stuff. It's cool. I don't need to agree with everything my friends do, you know?

And one friend in particular - I don't think he ever runs lines - he legit loves it, loves hanging out with everyone. So you know, that's cool.

We saw pics from Twitter in the setlist thread with the big Boston Strong on the screen - that was really cool.

Last edited:
I normally loathe the whole "I'm a bigger fan than youuuuuu are" stupid, childish arguments...

But the guy in the upper deck who can only afford to go to one show who adores every last minute of the show? He's a bigger fan than you cockbags who are leaving before the show is over so that you can get into line for the next day.

I normally loathe the whole "I'm a bigger fan than youuuuuu are" stupid, childish arguments...

But the guy in the upper deck who can only afford to go to one show who adores every last minute of the show? He's a bigger fan than you cockbags who are leaving before the show is over so that you can get into line for the next day.

I love that the Red Zone people are taking the best rail spots instead of the same donkeys every night.

I stolled in last night at 8:15 and was 2nd row B stage. Lol at camping out in line

xA8qxKo.jpg

And one friend in particular - I don't think he ever runs lines - he legit loves it, loves hanging out with everyone. So you know, that's cool.

And I and probably most of us have no real problem with folks who want to legitimately line up, as in park your ass in line like the old days and earn your spot. The whole list thing with secret handhsakes to find it and nobody there but check in at secret times that only the Line Reich knows about is what is wrong obviously. The couple of Elevation shows I did GA for, showed up and spent the afternoon in line, met some cool folks and that was that. You invest your time you earn you spot. But things have taken a ridiculous turn since then, and its a small percentage of U2 fans who are largely responsible for this (it stats small cause they don't want their secret out). And in a case like here in Boston where the venue has a well crafted and well executed wrist band policy, these folks thinking they can supercede the venues rules is mind numbingly laughable.

My husband and I were on a flight from Toronto to Boston with several of the low-number assholes - and believe me, they also can't wait in line for things like getting off the plane either, pushing to the front ahead of everyone else - probably to assert their low-number spots on Wednesday afternoon for last night's show.

We did, however, enjoy blowing past their pathetic asses in the super long customs line with our Global Entry cards. Greatest moment ever.

I lined up last tour but it was fun to hang out with people in line. No problem with that.
It's just the line keepers running it like a dictatorship and trying to enforce their rules after 6am on show day when the venue has a line policy in place already.
The venue didn't care that #165 wasn't back until 5:25. They certainly didn't care if people were in the right number order.
There was no checking of line numbers going in the doors. People just got in line in order on their own without line police

They make it so stressful and it doesn't have to be.
I'll bet a lot are skipping bos4 to head to nyc to start that line.
Great system in Boston. Get a wristband at 8am and go enjoy your day.

And it's also amazing that those with "knee injuries" they like to pull out at gate time can also run pretty fast through the terminal when they realize they forgot their bags at gate check. Lol so hard - people know who you are, assholes - you're not fooling anyone.

Signed, someone who broke her kneecap in December and can only dream of running like that again and wouldn't even imagine trying to get into a rock concert first with this injury. Cockbags indeed!

I don't get leaving the venue to line up for next night's show. It makes zero sense to me. I paid my hard earned for a ticket to be in the building to see my band, see the show, in it's entirety. To me that includes watching techs clean up well after the show is done, studying equipment with the house lights up, etc. Ok, maybe that's a bit more than the average fan, but I am routinely getting the heave-ho from security, I love being last man out.

To leave during 40, One, or any other song? Seriously?? I wouldn't even leave if the last song was THTBA.

My deal with these back to back shows is...line up night 1 *maybe*...see the full show...stumble over to whatever local bar the fans/Interferers are heading to, celebrate...then show up next day after having eaten a hearty meal to head in at a reasonable hour for night 2. THAT's the way to do GA lining/not lining up, imo.

It boggles the mind that people would leave a show early to line up. It's fucking insane. Every show I went to we had to be kicked out by security because we were basking in the after show high.

It's sad when because of the actions of these idiots, I giggled when I heard they got screwed over.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I just told off a line nazi screaming at some poor people who were getting in line. They said that they said to be back at 4:30. I stopped my conversation with a friend and told her the venue said 5. She responded that WE said 4:30. I told her again the venue said 5 and that she had no real authority. Then I was questioned as to why I was standing so close to the front of the line, that I was making people nervous. :lol: I told her I had a seat, that I wasn't cutting anyone, and went back to my conversation.

These fucking people, man.

Last edited:
I just told off a line nazi screaming at some poor people who were getting in line. They said that they said to be back at 4:30. I stopped my conversation with a friend and told her the venue said 5. She responded that WE said 4:30. I told her again the venue said 5 and that she had no real authority. Then I was questioned as to why I was standing so close to the front of the line, that I was making people nervous. :lol: I told her I had a seat, that I wasn't cutting anyone, and went back to my conversation.

These fucking people, man.

Oh my god. :crack:

And good for you. :applaud:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:lol:

But the sad truth is that they probably don't care all that much.

I love that the Red Zone people are taking the best rail spots instead of the same donkeys every night.

Nah, even though there's some schadenfreude with some of the people we're talking about, I think it sucks that some of the venues aren't keeping RZ people in the spots they're supposed to be in. It messes up things for people who aren't being jackasses, too.

Thankfully, there are loads of rail spots available, so it's not a complete clusterfuck, but it still sucks.

My husband and I were on a flight from Toronto to Boston with several of the low-number assholes - and believe me, they also can't wait in line for things like getting off the plane either, pushing to the front ahead of everyone else - probably to assert their low-number spots on Wednesday afternoon for last night's show.

We did, however, enjoy blowing past their pathetic asses in the super long customs line with our Global Entry cards. Greatest moment ever.

Lol

So anyone who wants to hang out with U2 fans and interferencers, I'll be more than happy to hold court at a local watering hole prior to MSG 4. No need to wait on this line shit.

I'd do MSG 3 too but I have to work and get my kid from daycare so I won't be in the area till 6ish.

But for fucks sake... there is absolutely no reason to wait with these cockbags

How many people are we talking about? 50 line sluts? 35 like cocks? Nazi is overused kids. And not at all accurate. They sound like just regular assholes.

Let me understand something: the line nazis were not Garden employees but rather some fans trying to be the line-up police...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It sounded like this.

GUYS!!!! IF WE CAN'T LINE UP IN AN ORDERLY MANNER THE VENUE WILL DO IT FOR US. GUYS!!! IF WE CAN'T DO IT OURSELVES THEY'LL DO IT FOR US!!!!!

GUYS!!!! IF WE CAN'T LINE UP IN AN ORDERLY MANNER THE VENUE WILL DO IT FOR US. GUYS!!! IF WE CAN'T DO IT OURSELVES THEY'LL DO IT FOR US!!!!!

And that's .... bad? I guess? What?

It cannot be said enough: good lord.

And I was reading a thread on atu2... Apparently for one of the Chicago or Toronto shows, one of the "line leaders" wasn't even doing GA for that show. :lol:

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,27633.0.html

There is another good GA thread around there somewhere.

In 10 shows they can crawl back into their graves and wait for next tour.

If the line "police" are only self-ordained then why listen to them? Did they do the same thing for 360?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom