All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just left the BOS box office. No line. No list. They said they were not honoring anything from before 6 am tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They said they were not honoring anything from before 6 am tomorrow.

pegihzda6uygs8efgl62_zpsxsb4s9as.gif

ku-medium_zps24eed3b0.gif

I think venues have said "nope, no list honoring" in the past, but still end up honoring it (since the alternative could be mass chaos).

I mean, I don't want it to end in massive drama for the fans who are just trying to see a show and would like to be close.

I wouldn't mind some foot-stomping from those who always seem to cause this ridiculousness, though.

Yeah, I'm torn on this too. In LA I totally took the route of not dealing with the drama by showing up after the time stated by the venue. Although, mostly that was because I didn't want to get up super early. However, sometimes I do wish I'd gone to the venue before their last check in time to show them the list is meaningless.

I don't see anything on Twitter on the #u2ietour tag about the line, other than a picture from last night. I replied to them to see if I can find out where the line is for you.

I guess I'm reeeeeeally late to the party on this. I've been a fan a long time(since 1985) like most of us and I've heard rumblings about 'fans' being in charge of line ups. Since I don't usually do GA I wasn't really aware of what kind of a issue this was. Basically, this is really bullshit. It feels like high school.... no fan should be in charge of lining up people and especially of starting secret line ups that 99% of concert goers know nothing about. No one is entitled to special treatment! Where the hell is the maturity here and fairness? Glad I'm not doing GA because I wouldn't be playing that bullshit game.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything about who is running or where the line is. If I do, I will post it because this soooooper seeeeekrit stuff is complete BS.

My comment about being secret was in reference to the majority of fans that aren't on U2 fan sites that know nothing about some of this stuff in advance. Sorry if most of us know nothing about joining specific groups or looking for line info on social media.

Nah. I think most of the people here saying similar things mean the same thing you do, including Miroslava. We're on the same page. :)

I work about a 15 minute subway ride away from the Garden and have no interest in tracking down some 'super secret' list that only 'in the know' people get on, for a show that happens more than 24 hours from now. I have a life. Going home for dinner.
(I'd love to get a spot within 5 feet of people on the GA floor, who are now wasting time in some offsite 'line'. ) :doh:

I went 3x. No list. I'll go at 6am as instructed by box office. It's not fair for a secret list. It's BS. I walked all over and under the bridge too.

And box office said they will not honor. So we'll see.

I asked out on Twitter and among my FB U2 pals. I'll let you know if I hear anything. ... although all my FB friends are like "Screw that, I'm getting a wristband at noon tomorrow/waltzing in at 6 pm." Ha ha.

Hi, the following GA line info was in the Boston Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 Facebook Group this afternoon.

Please note that it is NOT ME who posted this info in the Facebook group-- I'm not even going to Boston.. I'm simply passing on what I saw there posted today, so that people can "find" the line. :huh:

Good luck to all those going- I'm sure the shows will be awesome. :wave:

Nate Roberts Just an FYI to anyone with GAs...

The line started yesterday (Wednesday) in a location designated by the venue (not on venue property). The fans that started the line have been sleeping on the sidewalk and working in shifts, and there is an active (but very short) list presently. Can't really stop fans from lining up if they want to. It's the way GA lines have been done since Elevation. Don't really need to queue that early for this tour but what can you do?

And the same jargon gets handed out by every venue about their official rules - but in the end they honor the fan line - always. The line organizers have been in constant contact with the head of security, so they know what's going on. The fan line will be honored, despite what the venue letter says or what the random security guard at the gate might say.

There is a GA check in tonight at 8pm for people already on the list and another one at 6am. Everyone is very friendly and the people trying to organize the line have run GA lines in the past on this tour. It's different this time around because of the credit card entry system (which is why you need to be here with your entire party to check in).

It's totally cool if people don't want to queue early but honestly it's only fair to let those folks in first that arrived before you did. This has been the standard for the past three tours.

Last edited:
I went 3x. No list. I'll go at 6am as instructed by box office. It's not fair for a secret list. It's BS. I walked all over and under the bridge too.

Which bridge did you check?
North Washington Street?
Northern Ave?
Zakim?
Tobin?

Trolls have many hiding places in that part of the city.

Hi, the following GA line info was in the Boston Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 Facebook Group this afternoon.

Please note that it is NOT ME who posted this info in the Facebook group-- I'm not even going to Boston.. I'm simply passing on what I saw there posted today, so that people can "find" the line. :huh:

Good luck to all those going- I'm sure the shows will be awesome. :wave:
So is there a secret Facebook group to get on a secret list? I already signed up on MySpace and Friendster so whatever.

So Pyramid has the list, PM him to get your name on it

LOL.... Nope! Just trying to publicize info that was posted on the Boston FB group, since people said that they couldn't find the line/list at the venue. I have no stake in the line since I'm not in Boston-- But I think it's shady to have "secret" lists and lines. Everyone going to the show should see the info posted on the FB Group, which is why I posted it here

Sorry, hope I didn't piss people off... That was not my intention at all.

It's totally cool if people don't want to queue early but honestly it's only fair to let those folks in first that arrived before you did. This has been the standard for the past three tours.

This is laughable.
Its been the "standard" for the past 3 tours...for a few entitled folks maybe.
I am not going down at 6, probably 8 to get wristbanded and go back to work, but if I were planning to go at 6 as per venue rules, no way some folks moseying up with their list in hand would get in front of me if I were on site first.

Last edited:
So is there a secret Facebook group to get on a secret list? I already signed up on MySpace and Friendster so whatever.

I don't know if it's secret-- but the info was only posted there today so I'm passing it along for everyone here.

I firmly believe that "secret" lists are shady-- I don't know why whoever posted in the FB group did not also post here and other websites. So I'm doing it instead, in the effort to help others who are not in on the secret (honestly....).

Again, I'm not in Boston, don't care if the list falls apart or not. Just spreading info to try to inform all fans of what's supposedly going on. :)

Pyramid. Where are you? I walked all over. Box office. Vestibule where we line up at 6am. Under the bridge. No one is there. 2 of us went over 3x and walked all over. I went up to random people asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom