All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I've been in this group last tour. What you're saying is exactly what I'm saying. It's people he knows. The facebook group is people on the list. I didn't judge anyone or anything, I simply noted the name and stated it's the List.

No worries, just pointing it out for anyone reading this thread. Romi is not even in Chicago,this stupid text list lineup thing has nothing to do with him/us or his personal page and I'm sure pretty much everyone in the group doesn't agree (and called those people out on it).

I have no idea bout this texting stuff.

But to be honest, I'm a part of the Romi group. Romi created the group during 360 so as to keep his regular FB feed from being stuffed with U2 comments. I thought it made sense, so I'm a part of that group.

However, this texting to save a spot in line is downright wrong. Romi has zero to do with that. Neither do I.

Let someone try that shit in Toronto.

No worries, just pointing it out for anyone reading this thread. Romi is not even in Chicago,this stupid text list lineup thing has nothing to do with him/us or his personal page and I'm sure pretty much everyone in the group doesn't agree (and called those people out on it).

Yea it is not fair to assign responsibility to a person just because it's a friend of his on Facebook. I posted those pics because people SHOULD know what the hell is going on. It's just another disingenuous way a "fan" takes over the front of a line and claims it's somehow for the benefit of all. There has GOT to be a psychological diagnosis for this. There must be. "I want it to be fun and easy." Okkkk. "People have the power?" Sure do.
One Love=One line? Hahaa really???

"Don't TEXT the line.
Be IN the line!"
~Bono

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But to be honest, I'm a part of the Romi group. Romi created the group during 360 so as to keep his regular FB feed from being stuffed with U2 comments. I thought it made sense, so I'm a part of that group.

However, this texting to save a spot in line is downright wrong. Romi has zero to do with that. Neither do I.

I with you as far as someone trying that crap in TO...I got u!

It is Crazy! Let them try it in NYC!! It will not go over well there either!:down:

Screw this texting nonsense. I'm starting a list for Boston by telepathy. Only people who can send me their name directly into my subconscious will be added to the list...

1. Hewson
2. The Amazing Kreskin
3. Carrie White

Did you get my message? I'd like to be #4 for the 10th.

"text me to be added"

tumblr_lutsvnkrsw1qlvwnco1_r2_250_zpscc798cf8.gif

Well guys, we have the number now. What creative shit can you think of to sign the number up to. :wink: Daily cat facts springs to mind.

Screw this texting nonsense. I'm starting a list for Boston by telepathy. Only people who can send me their name directly into my subconscious will be added to the list...

1. Hewson
2. The Amazing Kreskin
3. Carrie White

:wave: There IS already a line for Boston!:wave:

(This thread is amazing. Happy to be too old for GA!)

I went to the Sunday show and told myself I wasn't going to line up. I'd lined up for 12 plus hours at past tours and was over it. I'd read all the feedback about walking in at 6:00 and still getting very close to the rail. However, my competitiveness kicked in (just being honest) and we got our numbers at 3:00 (plus there really is nothing else to do around United Center once you park) 272 & 273. We were told to come back at 4:00 for line up. We walked to Subway got some sandwiches and drinks for the line up and were back by 4:00, it was very relaxed. They checked the line once then said we could chill out until 5:00 and line up again. I made a trip to the car and bathroom, lined up at 5:00. They let us in at 5:45 on the dot, by 6:05 we were on the rail on Edge's sign of the e-stage...unbelievable. Also, the rail was only 2-3 people deep for the next hour. It was really easy to go to the washroom, get a drink and come back to my spot. It's still hard to believe but there is no huge reason to line up anymore than two hours prior to doors opening for this tour (if at all).

Perhaps it's necessary for someone to go eliminate this "list". Ground rules have already been discussed regarding no lists or lineup prior to the completion of the previous show. Now the group needs babysat again to rectify the earliest start time for any list/line to be the evening prior to the show at 6pm for only those present and accounted for. The local venue residents should have the opportunity to welcome the out-of-towers to their city. Seems like I'll be putting that on my schedule for later.

1. Hewson
2. The Amazing Kreskin
3. Carrie White

I sent you a telepathic message for Boston 3 and 4. Please respond in kind.

Yes, the text list is bullshit, however I get a kick out of the fact that the people complaining in that group are some of the very people that start GA lists two/three days in advance themselves.

I lined up for MTL 1.... and I thought things were excellent there. For me, part of the allure of lining up, is hanging with my U2 peeps....and seeing people I haven't seen since last tour.

I was just thinking more about this text thing. Who the heck wants 400+ people texting your phone....while you write down names on a list.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

I lined up for MTL 1.... and I thought things were excellent there. For me, part of the allure of lining up, is hanging with my U2 peeps....and seeing people I haven't seen since last tour.

I was just thinking more about this text thing. Who the heck wants 400+ people texting your phone....while you write down names on a list.

What do you mean? According to her it would be "fun and easy."
"One love=One line." ;)

For me, part of the allure of lining up, is hanging with my U2 peeps....and seeing people I haven't seen since last tour.

Yes. 100% correct. Last night's show in Monday was the perfect example for me. So many people from older shows coming back for that particular one.. No question it definitely added to the experience for me!

Yes. 100% correct (again). :D

No (physical attendance necessary, join my exclusive) line on the horizon

Wanted to get some opinions on this . . .

So I lucked out and found a person on @U2 with a spare ticket to Thursday's Chicago 5 show. She's going to get in line early, but I'm traveling from 3 hours away and can't get off work until lunch (so let's say arrival at 4pm). Obviously, I have to enter with her (paperless entry), and I don't want her to have to sacrifice her good spot in line because I'll arrive later.

I also don't want to raise the ire of people in line. I'm not interested in getting rail on the stage - really, I just want to be around the 50 yard line of the floor.

Do you think me and the @U2 member should just talk to the line leaders about the situation? As long as the line people are cool with it, Chicago's security wasn't checking numbers on N1 or N2. The only people to "clear" this with are those in line, and also assuring those around me that I'm not butting line to take their good spot on the floor.

UC will issue paper tickets for GA holders at box office the day of the show. That should solve your problem. :)

UC will issue paper tickets for GA holders at box office the day of the show. That should solve your problem. :)

Ah, that'd be fantastic! I was 250ish in line the first two nights and that was alright by me. Thanks for the heads up!

We let one guy "cut" in front of us on night 1. Four guys showed up the same time we did, a fifth guy showed up around 4pm. I could tell he was just there to be with his buds, not really a U2 fan, and he didn't look like the type of person that was all anxious about getting a rail spot so we didn't care if he walked in ahead of us with his group of friends and then they got bored and moved around the floor. As it turned out, security WAS checking numbers (at least the numbers we had) and some of the guys had decided they were too good for the numbering system so never got numbers even though they were there all day (we parked next to them and walked to the line with them), so we ended up getting in ahead of them anyway. They had three security guys hassling them about being smartasses and not having numbers and it was holding everything up so we showed our numbers and went around them :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom