** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think its safe to say that for the first time in ages, there is almost unanimous (well, about 99%) agreement that the new video rocks.

That makes me happy...:hyper::hyper::hyper::rockon:

Get On Your Boots: U2 video exclusive on Independent.ie - Music - Independent.ie

Friday January 30 2009

5.24 pm

Delivery of the video for U2's new single, 'Get on Your Boots', has been delayed.

Universal Music have issued the following statement:

"The video is going really well but unfortunately it just wasn’t finished in time for the premiere today. Alex Courtes is an amazing director and we can assure you that it will be well worth the wait."

Mark Crossingham, Managing Director Universal Music Ireland

You will still see the video here first at Get On Your Boots: U2 video exclusive on Independent.ie - Music - Independent.ie

I had some small problem with the song when I heared it. To be honest this video made me understand the song better. It is actually growing on me, this song.

me too, It seemed like I'm done with this song, thanks to the video I'm not

Ok so the video is not on ITV here in the UK as planned? does anybody know when its gonna be reschduled?

I am still not very excited about the song.

But I have to say That has to be the best Music Video EVER!!!

Get On Your Boots: U2 video exclusive on Independent.ie - Music - Independent.ie

Friday January 30 2009

5.24 pm

Delivery of the video for U2's new single, 'Get on Your Boots', has been delayed.

Universal Music have issued the following statement:

"The video is going really well but unfortunately it just wasn’t finished in time for the premiere today. Alex Courtes is an amazing director and we can assure you that it will be well worth the wait."

Mark Crossingham, Managing Director Universal Music Ireland

You will still see the video here first at Get On Your Boots: U2 video exclusive on Independent.ie - Music - Independent.ie

See I have no problem with this statement, except...

They didn't know this a week ago?? even yesterday?? Give me a break.

By the way, if U2 are so opposed to having their video streaming, how come they haven't taken down all of their other music videos are that easily found on youtube right now?

NDAs. They have exclusivity deals worked out with certain media outlets to promote the album/single, so in return U2 has to protect the exclusivity.

That and the fact that this is likely an unfinished product, and they probably don't want it to reflect badly on the band.

Also, looking at the pictures of "the other video" many of the same elements are present (women, guns, tanks, visual overload). Maybe this was the band's brief to both directors?

I also noticed that the girl with the red lipstick appears in the screencaps of the other video as well.

At this point not sure which I would prefer but I like the current video a lot.

They need to hurry up an release a high quality version. This video is epic.

The "let me in the sound" part got a whole lot better for me with the video, the glass breaking is awesome. I liked it before only because I imagined that's the part that is going to just rock live, but this just made it even better. :drool:

The "let me in the sound" part got a whole lot better for me with the video, the glass breaking is awesome. I liked it before only because I imagined that's the part that is going to just rock live, but this just made it even better. :drool:

What's thy email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom