Ali website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
so here we go!!! i finally put it online!!! :hyper:

but it is NOT finished okay? the pictures gallery is not opened, i have some problems with it, as there're more than 700pics to put :crazy: and i will certainly change a bit the design etc... and put more pics of the other Mrs U2 :wink: and i have to find a solution to put the audio interviews of Ali from LivLuvandBootlegs in the interviews page.

so well, i wanted to put it online so that u could have at least the rest of the website :up: there's a link for the Forum :hug: please, come and register and POST!!!

so here's the link to the website: Alison4ever

enjoy!!! and please, be indulgent, that's really not finished yet :no:

oh and please sign the guestbooks :heart:

well, i don't know how to do for the pics gallery. i need to find a place like snapfish, where i could EASILY put all the pics in an album, and then just put the link of it. cos i can't put the pics one by one on the website directly, it is driving me :crazy:

miss-U2 said:
oh shit :huh: let me see:(

:lol: Right, and while you are checking that, I just need to say that I'm dying to go back to DubliN!:sad:

After all the time I spent over there I think of Dublin as my second home, that's why I can say I'm kinda "Homesick".

I want go now! But that's not gonna happen until after the Medical Congress I'm organising :huh:

Will you be there Em? We need to meet in Dublin again and talk like crazy like the last time I was there! :D

miss-U2 said:
it is working!! there're 2links (i dunno why :ohmy: ) so i left 2 messages of test (now it looks ugly :huh: ) and u just have to refresh the page to see them... is it working now for you? :uhoh:

This is weird! I can see your messages alright, but when I click on the link nothing happens. Maybe it's this computer? :huh:

I think I'll try from home this afternoon :D

of course i will be there!! i am going back to france on the 29th of may, i will stay there for the summer (i am working as a toursit guide) and i will be back to DUBLIN (not galway :no: ) in september, i will try to find an appartement blahblah so i think at the end of sept, things will be just fine for me :up:

miss-U2 said:
of course i will be there!! i am going back to france on the 29th of may, i will stay there for the summer (i am working as a toursit guide) and i will be back to DUBLIN (not galway :no: ) in september, i will try to find an appartement blahblah so i think at the end of sept, things will be just fine for me :up:

Aaah France...Can you believe most of the people in this office are going to Paris in May and I have to stay here??? :madspit:

And they said: Well, I think we are going to send you to Tucuman ( a province here in Argentina) for another Congress. It's not going to be that bad....

I must be the biggest eejit ever! :lol:

Awesome site Miss-U2 - You've designed a wonderful website and I sincerely hope that Ali herself mamages to hear about it. it's fab! Congrats!

miss-U2 said:
i tried and i had some problems!!! i don't remember which ones but i think i had to upload the pics one by one, or only 30 at a time :crazy: well i know i tried, and :no:

I've had a few problems with photobucket, but the following seem to help:

photobucket won't upload pics with symbols in the filename like "ali%%.jpg"

to solve this, you can uncheck the box that says "keep my filenames" and photobucket will rename the file for you - it's a lot faster to upload this way too :)

also, if photobucket says that you are exceeding their bandwidth, you can make a donation to their site and they will lift the restrictions

hope this helps :wave: And your site is great! :bow: :bow:

Right Kelly! A lot of things won't upload % signs, and if there's a space between like Bono and Ali, it won't work either. It has to be bonoandali or Bono_and_Ali for example. I don't know if this is what happened but for everyone, for the record, if you're ever rightclicksaving pics and you save one that has come from somebody's snapfish and you keep its name, it will be very long and full of % and numbers just like a snapfish addy. If you see that coming up in your 'save as' screen, delete it and give it a new name. :yes: If some are already saved that way there is an option to rename, so you can do that before you upload.

Hanover said:
Awesome site Miss-U2 - You've designed a wonderful website and I sincerely hope that Ali herself mamages to hear about it. it's fab! Congrats!

:yes: ^^^^ He said it! :wink:

Today, 29 years ago - Chernobyl. ALWAYS REMEMBER - NEVER FORGET!:yes:

Thank you, Ali, for your continued advocacy for a better world for our children. :hug:

Many of us would admire and respect you even if you didn't have such a GREAT spouse!;)

PEACE AND LOVE. :heart:

Or was it 28 years? (I get cloudy on the math.):laugh:

Love to you and the kids, dear lady.:heart:

chernobyl happened in 1986 so 18 years will do. Do you want to make us all that old??:wink: It's going fast enough as it is you know! Especially when you get on a bit ( lol),you know what I mean.:D

I remember when it happened. I was 16. (though it wasn't announced it right away) We had to worry about the fallout getting in the milk way over here in America. What a tragedy, then and now:( :up to ALI for all her work with children of Chernobyl!

We have a new girl here from Russia who was born 18 years ago today, how ironic. I wished her a happy birthday in PLEBAns.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I remember the day it happened. I was 16. We had to worry about the fallout getting in the milk way over here in America. What a tragedy, then and now:(

You worried about the fallout all the way over there?! If the wind had taken another direction the entire fallout would have landed here... but fortunately for us, it didn't.

We don't have any real nuclear power plants here, but our next door neighbour Sweden has placed one so close to us, right across the sea - the good news is that they've finally started to close it down...

Ali, forgive me!

I was alive and 27 yrs old in 1986 and REMEMBER Chernobyl!

How did I get the

year wrong?

Maybe it's been all the pressure at PLEBA this past week. :(

Let's hope this week goes better!:wink:

PEACE AND LOVE!

Hi Jamila,
May I suggest you leave things that happened in 'other threads' in those other threads and dont bring them to new threads.

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom