Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

That was a great video Dion :up:

What was that guy arguing about in the background though? :lol:

Hi Kelly,

That is poor Roly dealing with the "little TIGER lady" of Ali's...lol! She is one of two security ladies of hers. Everyone was taking pix, but she for some reason went after Roly for taking some. I asked him to take pix on my camera for me while I was talking to Ali, and he was trying to explain it to her, and she finally left him alone. (I was taken over to Ali by Maria with Edun to sign my tshirt and chat) The security lady is tough, but she needs to be.

That is Larry and Adam up front and Aisslyn next to Edge not looking too happy

I think Arran looks so much like Aislinn in this pic (although I haven't seen any recent pics of her...)
Anyway, the picture is great! Are they sitting in the middle of Italian fans?! :lol: Guess it was the Italian-Ireland game, wasn't it?

Stopped in for a very quick peak..

I never saw that article. Sweet- that he comments on Jordans quiet way (like her mom). Seems that trait holds true, the little we have read and seen of her. not like her sister and father.

I think it's funny/cute she was their first baby and didn't have a name at first. You'd think first time parents would be so excited they'd have picked a name months in advance!

I spent years figuring out names for babies, but my second was named in the hospital a couple hours after her birth because I still couldn't decide!

:hmm: that's what I thought too... my daughter was actually named in the hospital with the name we had decided on... but when I heard a nurse call her that out loud for the first time I freaked, it just so didn't sound right anymore. I paniced and had my poor mom running down the halls of the hospital to change the paperwork before it all got too legal.

LOL. Yeah I changed my dog's name too. His registered name is Alta-Tollhaus' Bono (he's from a "B" litter so I had to choose a B name, lol) and I was going to call him Dieter but changed my mind. He was just "puppy" for a week after I got him.

I want my daughter to be called Willa Ruth (William is Phil's middle name and grandpa's name, Ruth is his mom's name), or Petra Renee (I just love Petra and Renee is a family name on my side, plus a good friend of mine), or my son to be called Thijs Pieter (Thijs for the uber-Dutchness of my family, and Peter is Phil's dad). There, now I've posted it so we'll see how much it changes, lol!

I want three kids, but the names I like change all the time. I know I want to name a boy Jalen. I like that name for some reason.

I think it's funny/cute she was their first baby and didn't have a name at first. You'd think first time parents would be so excited they'd have picked a name months in advance!

Maybe, but she was born a few weeks early, so perhaps they hadn't quite had time to work it out.
On the other hand, they may have had a name all set, but when they saw her, it just didn't fit. I've known people who have done that: they thought they had the perfect name, but it didn't suit the actual baby. She was someone else.

On the other hand, they may have had a name all set, but when they saw her, it just didn't fit. I've known people who have done that: they thought they had the perfect name, but it didn't suit the actual baby. She was someone else.

Exactly!

Maybe, but she was born a few weeks early, so perhaps they hadn't quite had time to work it out.

I remember reading about John's birth and in the article Bono said he wanted to spend a time with the baby so he could feel him and choose what name fitted.
Maybe, it was the same with Jordan.

I have not had the great pleasure of visiting PLEBA in the last week because I am out of state visiting with my mother who is gravely ill. :sad:

In the interim I see that people have been "enjoying themselves" looking at the picture of my friends, Agnes Nyamayarwo & Sue, and myself as we had a private meeting with the Hewsons after the Women's Conference in Long Beach CA on 22 Oct 2008.

So be it - enjoy it all you want but all I see are five happy people who had a great time together.

Sorry none of you were there. :sexywink:

If you are actually interested in the public side of this meeting and what we all discussed that can be retold online, then you are free to visit our MySpace and read the account of this visit ("OUR CHRISTMAS STORY") at

MySpace.com - Mulago Positive Women's Network - 49 - Female - AUSTIN, Texas - www.myspace.com/mulago :hug:

If you are not interested in reading the story - fine. But I hope that people can respect the fact that our meeting with the Hewsons is NOT something to make snarky remarks about.

I wish you well and hope that all the members of your family are not suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom