Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great pic of Ali.

I think I will email them Friday about it. Don't think they will be there tomorrow because of the holiday.

The company at least on the east coast in in New Jersey. You should just send the email, see what happens. Many employees check their mail from home as well! And, I really don't think they got a ton of emails!

I live in New Jersey, southern. The maling address says Linden. That is a New York suburb. I will just do it tomorrow, because it is a holiday and I wouldn't want anyone to bother me on my day off.

The company at least on the east coast in in New Jersey. You should just send the email, see what happens. Many employees check their mail from home as well! And, I really don't think they got a ton of emails!

I think that EDUN gets a LOT of emails, kassandra. It is starting to be a very popular brand amongst a wide range of buyers. :wink:

Good luck emailing their customer service department tomorrow, lauramullen.

They have always been more than willing to help their customers. :hug:

www.mpwn-uganda.org:up:

I went onto the site today and got all the information. So hopefully I'll be able to go to the post office tomorrow to mail the dress back.

I used my $20 coupon yesterday that Ali sent out for use at EDUN Online. I got one of the EDUN black tees with the tree on the front.:hyper:

The leaves of the tree are the leaves that Ali uses for her EDUN necklaces and the word EDUN is at the base of the tree.

It's actually a lot more beautiful than my description of it and you can find it in the EDUN online store.

It was my Christmas present to myself.:sexywink:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :up:

Photo by Helena Christensen.

AliByHelenaChristensen1.jpg

My god that's a stunning photo of Ali!! :heart:

Anybody going to go to this?

Come join us in our NYC showroom December 4th and 5th from 11 AM to 7 PM at 86 Franklin St (between B'way and Church). Bring friends, buzz the 5th Floor and come on up! Call 212-274-1521 if you have any questions.

Can't make it to the in-store event? Save at least 50% on our 2007 and previous Collections in the Outlet! Click here to shop Organic tees and jeans, sweaters, dresses, and more from past seasons. If you can not view this email, please click here to view it online. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from EDUN, please add "subscribers@edunonline.com" to your address book or safe senders list.

This is copied from an email I just received.

LA-Story.com: Edun's Ali Hewson Talks About Holiday Fashion Inspiration!

Edun — the line — is well-known in the fashion world. It’s interesting because Bono and wife Ali Hewson are distinctly involved in getting a fashion line together that’s more sustainable and environmentally friendly and also gives back in the form of creating jobs in other countries and helping to create a circle of development that will help emerging countries in Africa be able to have the basics of living plus go further to build up communities.

Recently there was a pop-up store in LA for a period of two weeks featuring the Edun Fall/Winter Collection for 2008. Ali Hewson was on tap for a brief interview about the collection, the pop-up store and the line as a whole.

Ali Hewson, photo by Helena Christensen. (Great photo but Hewson is a very pretty in person)

LA-Story: What’s the theme for this collection? What is your participation in the design aesthete and your role within Edun now that Rogan is no longer involved with the company.

Ali Hewson:
The FW08 collection was designed around the concept of Nocturne, nature at night, so it’s dark and romantic, feminine without being too frivolous, whimsical whilst embodying Edun’s signature of beauty and brains.

Brando shirt $155; Kate dress $345

The design team are very tolerant of my input…. Sharon Blankson heads our design team and we have been friends since we were teenagers.. We discuss everything together but she and the team are the creatives - identifying influences, themes and the shapes that will be important.

The Alyce dress. (gorgeous!! In the purple, $295. Available in Ebony Striped fabric, $325. (to die for!!)

LA-Story: What is the idea behind the pop-up store for Edun?

Ali Hewson:
The idea behind the pop-up shops was for us to go and visit markets where Edun has had a presence from the start, and the West Coast is a particularly important market for us. We want to meet our customers and hear what they have to say about the brand. In different stores each buyer may not be able to represent the full collection…so this is also an opportunity to showcase Edun in it’s entirety.

Pop-up store interior .

LA-Story: What’s your personal vision for the Edun’s future for the next 5 years?

Ali Hewson:
I’d love to open an Edun store…. Probably in New York since that has really been our home since 2005. I would also love to grow and help more and more factories develop their capabilities and encourage more business THROUGH their doors.

LA-Story: What do you do for fun?

Ali Hewson:
All of this is fun….life is too serious to take seriously… I’m lucky to get to work this way and with some really great people … who could want more?.. and when it’s done for the day we all have so much to appreciate with our families and friends..
. meaning is definitely the new luxury!
Thank you to Edun and Ali Hewson for the time they gave me for this interview and the fabulous images of this incredible collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom