Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe OL/Invisible was supposed to be an entire "U2 era". In which case, the "hiatus" was ended and they've only been away for three months! We're an ungrateful bunch who expect far, far too much from them. I mean, partying with the Clooneys isn't easy, y'know? :wink:

Or maybe this Fisher person only thinks he knows and doesn't know that he doesn't know, or knows that he doesn't know.

grumpy-cat-jon-snow_zpsc0acaf74.jpg

U2 is a part time band. They all have their families and new projects. Bono being the one who's away the most.

Adam saying he hopes to have it done by summer has me thinking 2015. They seem to only record together for a small amount of time. Hence the years it takes to get anything done.

What makes it worse is they get close and then think their music is shit.

I really wish DM would talk. He doesn't have to bad mouth the band, but he could share his experience and that might give some insight as to what's going on

Well it was finished by the end of 1986 but does anyone here know when they actually started on it? I'd guess that they spent the whole of 1986 on it but not sure.

I think they started in mid-1985 after the end of the UF tour. So, I guess 18 months time. Its only been about 3 years since the end of the last tour, so I guess you could say this album has taken twice as long as Joshua Tree.

I think they started in mid-1985 after the end of the UF tour. So, I guess 18 months time. Its only been about 3 years since the end of the last tour, so I guess you could say this album has taken twice as long as Joshua Tree.

...so far.

So, what's the worst case scenario here (assuming the band DOES release an album)... Considering the US dates tentatively booked for summer next year, I'd say if the album comes out in 2015 it will be no later than early March, so that's 9-10 months...
And really, how much longer do they need to make 11 songs? (We all know that's all we'll get!). They had 6 ready to go 3 months ago.

Maybe Bono is campaigning for Larry now to play in a new Clooney movie?

Kind of sad that U2 have partied with more A list celebrities than songs released the past 2 years..... :down:

I think somebody touches on an important point a few posts ago. U2 only record in small spurts now. Adam basically lives in London, Edge in Los Angeles, Larry stays in Dublin, and Bono lives wherever in the world he lays his head at night.

It's not like U2 have been recording 8-5, mon-fri since the end of the 360 tour.

I think somebody touches on an important point a few posts ago. U2 only record in small spurts now. Adam basically lives in London, Edge in Los Angeles, Larry stays in Dublin, and Bono lives wherever in the world he lays his head at night.

It's not like U2 have been recording 8-5, mon-fri since the end of the 360 tour.

so it's become more of a hobby than a career.... great.

IF the following are true:
1. They DO have 6-7 songs done and mixed like Edge said back a few months ago AND they're still keeping those.
2. They've written the remaining 4 tunes in the last few months and have recorded them at the latest sessions in London.
Then the album SHOULD be done in terms of writing/recording.
Now it's mixing.

Who knows? If those are true, why would Adam say "hope to have it finished by summer"? Maybe he meant finished with the mixing?
Because if they haven't found that great first single by now.....:|

1. They DO have 6-7 songs done and mixed like Edge said back a few months ago AND they're still keeping those.
2. They've written the remaining 4 tunes in the last few months and have recorded them at the latest sessions in London.
Now it's mixing.

Who knows? If those are true, why would Adam say "hope to have it finished by summer"? Maybe he meant finished with the mixing?

Mixing and mastering an album should not take months to do. The mastering itself can be done in a day. As for the mixing, that would be a bit longer due to the choices the band have with recording technology (remember when Larry said in October they were finishing the album but having trouble because of this reason?) but certainly would not take 2-3 months.
What I'm wondering is why they are bothering with recording 30 or so tunes when we're only going to see 11. Do they just lock the rest away and keep them for themselves to listen to?

Now it's mixing.

I'm gonna take a stab and say he meant the mixing. Seeing as he said in the same batch of interviews that they were at the end of the recording phase.

Of course, there is always the theory that they needed more than "11 or 12" songs.....*cough*TWO ALBUMS*cough*

And even if it's a standard 10-12 song release, you've got remixes, bonus tracks, deluxe editions..... :hmm:

Are the tunes they have in the same genre as OL and Invisible?

I want to know.
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom