Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take a poll as to how many keyboards/synths/drum loops/samples will be on the new record......

I say not that many.
Invisible was clearly the one recently that had most of that.....I think they are going to get away from it now...not entirely of course, because it's part of their vocabulary since AB.....but I think maybe a little more limited this time?
You wouldn't think so by Invisible, but I'm searching.....

some dude over at atu2 has this to say..

Loath though one is to poke head above parapet, here is what someone close to the band tells me - and it comes with the caveat that things can change; but this is the band's position at present: the album release has been put off until next year. That's all I've been told. It may well be true that they "hope" to finish recording by the end of the summer; but having already pulled the plug once on provisionally booked venues for the next tour, they're giving themselves a sensible margin within which to finish the album.

this guy has made claims in the past. it's the Fisher guy who spoke of the "dark" side of the band a couple months ago, that sparked some debate here.

Well considering only one week ago Adam was saying they are aiming for the end of the year, I don't place much faith in this "news".

this guy has made claims in the past. it's the Fisher guy who spoke of the "dark" side of the band a couple months ago, that sparked some debate here.

My instinct is to believe Fisher, but maybe that's just me grasping at straws.

So if Adam is saying they hope to finish the album by the end of the summer, why in the world do you think it's done now, CK? Is Adam's word not your Gospel?

So if Adam is saying they hope to finish the album by the end of the summer, why in the world do you think it's done now, CK? Is Adam's word not your Gospel?

Simple. Adam is referring to the third album. Two are in the can and they are finishing the third.

Hope that gave everyone a good laugh :D

He also said he wasn't going to announce anything until it was out. He also said they were at the end of recording. They can be done recording and just be mixing/finalizing.

His word is my Gospel, yes. But I also know how to speak in tongues, and I speak fluent Adam. :wink:
tumblr_msmn8jmDDI1qfb5cjo2_250.gif

I don't disbelieve that the album won't be released until 2015. At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised. Have another calender year go by without releasing anything? Why the hell not?!

There's obviously no reason to hit the PANIC button yet, this fall would be the ideal time for them to shoot for. But they might make it, and they might not. I really don't care anymore. My interest in this band's future kind of changed after the whole "Ordinary Love>Invisible>Super Bowl>Fallon>Oscars>Dead silence" era came and went. I'm still excited, I'll still buy it, love it, and see them as much as I can on the next tour. I guess I just figure I have 12 great albums to listen to, a shit ton of b-sides and other rarities, and several concert bootlegs, and I'm good with that for awhile.

I'd still like to be proven wrong though. I'd like U2's new album to be amazing, for it to be very successful and for them to play at least half the album every night.

He also said he wasn't going to announce anything until it was out. He also said they were at the end of recording. They can be done recording and just be mixing/finalizing.

His word is my Gospel, yes. But I also know how to speak in tongues, and I speak fluent Adam. :wink:
tumblr_msmn8jmDDI1qfb5cjo2_250.gif

this gif makes me feel funny feelings.. uh... down there :shifty:

I still remember being 14 years old in the fall of 1996, going to music stores and asking when the next u2 album was coming out. I knew it was due out sometime that fall, but I was getting quite frustrated at the lack of information. Finally, some guy at a record store told me that it got pushed back until spring. I remember being completely gutted. Half a year seemed like such an eternity in those days. I also remember the day I had my Mom drive me to the store so I could buy POP. That was a happy day.

My point is that long waits are just part of being a U2 fan, and I've certainly done my fair share of waiting. I guess in a way I'm still that 14 year old kid.

Loath though one is to poke head above parapet, here is what someone close to the band tells me - and it comes with the caveat that things can change; but this is the band's position at present: the album release has been put off until next year. That's all I've been told. It may well be true that they "hope" to finish recording by the end of the summer; but having already pulled the plug once on provisionally booked venues for the next tour, they're giving themselves a sensible margin within which to finish the album.

This report is accurate.

pete.gif

I would honestly not be surprised.

Also, I'm sorry. This gif is not one of my best offerings. I'm off my game. Maybe I ate some bad pizza earlier.

Am I the only one concerned that the only public comments by the band of late is that after all this time they have their fingers crossed that they can get it out within the next 7 1/2 months? Or has everyone either gotten to the point where they either a) don't give a shit anymore, or b) still psychotically optimistic?

The more time passes, the more concerned I'm getting.
It needs to be said though, that I'm always more on the glass half empty/negative side than on the glass half full/positive side.
But I'm getting to the point of not caring anymore.

However I will definitely let out a sigh of relieve once a new u2 album gets announced or arrives and I am positive that I will most likely enjoy it.
At this point I can't help, but think that with this speed u2 should be happy to have any fans left that still give a shit.

There's still plenty of different scenarios how this "hiatus" could end. Among which :

1) long wait - great album
2) long wait - meh album
3) long wait - no album - band announces retirement - and nobody here would be too shocked or surprised about it

Of course, I hope it will be 1).
I fear it might be 2) or 3).
And right now I'm not sure whether I would prefer 2) over 3). :sigh:

Maybe it's a health thing.

Or maybe the DM stuff was that bad.

Or maybe this Fisher person only thinks he knows and doesn't know that he doesn't know, or knows that he doesn't know.

Or maybe it will be out in the fall and we'll all laugh about this time.

Either way, I'm mentally moving on and accepting that loss and change are a part of life, this was always going to happen, and hoping for a nice surprise that I'll be proven wrong.

I personally still find it hard to believe that they didn't like the DM material, but that seems to be the case. Maybe it will be out in the fall, maybe in 2015. Doesn't matter what the outcome will be - they are making us wait.

An I there only one concerned

reading this again, im just not concerned at all. do i want new music? yes. do i care if it's as good as AB/JT/Pop/UF? no. if it's as good as NLOTH will i be happy? yes.

if the songs are good, awesome. im grateful. if theyre too chicken shit to release them, ok, it's been real dudes. great career and will always be my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom