Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the film festival work? Is the movie just shown once and thats it or its shown continually throughout the length of the festival?

How does the film festival work? Is the movie just shown once and thats it or its shown continually throughout the length of the festival?

It would likely be shown once at the festival. Then they find a distributor and it will be released later. I'm not sure on the timing, but in the case of It Might Get Loud it was a longish wait. Premiered at TIFF, played at a couple other festivals, released the following summer.

Yes, it was previously reported as being part of the remaster.

Here is the official synopsis:

Twenty years after the release of U2’s Achtung Baby (1991), Davis Guggenheim (Waiting for Superman, An Inconvenient Truth, It Might Get Loud) charts this groundbreaking album with new interviews, stories and unseen footage from Berlin and Dublin. Now a key chapter in their career, Achtung Baby was in Bono’s words “the sound of four men chopping down The Joshua Tree.”

:hyper: I still hope they release this in theaters.

Now I just have to get the Deluxe Edition. Can't miss out on awesome things like this (I assume the documentary will be on the Deluxe Edition), especially when it comes to albums like Achtung Baby. :hyper:

Eh, how on earth do you draw that conclusion?

The same way you drew the conclusion that the Guggenheim doc will be on the box set. There has been no official confirmation of the box set's contents. It's all wishful thinking at this point.

Why would they put out a premiere at a movie festival - and possibly theatres later - if this documentary is only intened to be a part of the DVD ?

It's highly unlikely that this documentary won't be included in the deluxe edition of the remaster.

The same way you drew the conclusion that the Guggenheim doc will be on the box set. There has been no official confirmation of the box set's contents. It's all wishful thinking at this point.

Uhm. No. It's been said before that there was a documentary that was taped in Winnipeg was for the AB remaster. How is it farfetched to consider this documentary and the one just announced for a film festival one and the same?

It's an entirely differnt thing claiming that because it'll be at a film festival it won't be on the remaster.

Why would they put out a premiere at a movie festival - and possibly theatres later - if this documentary is only intened to be a part of the DVD ?

Because maybe it's not ONLY intended for a dvd? Who knows what other plans they have with this remaster.

It's pretty damn good marketing for the remaster. You premiere it at a top festival. Then you do a super limited run. Then advertise the box set just in time for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom