Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget cutting away Breathe from the 360 Rose Bowl DVD. :down:

Actually, it is on there in the bonus material. Just not with the concert part of it which I agree is ridiculous. I did not think Breathe was a great opener but it is what they used at that show, so it should have been part of it.

On a side note, I received confirmation from Amazon that my Super Deluxe was shipped and should arrive tomorrow November 1st. I have held off listening to any of the new material on it so I cannot wait. Especially reading through some of the descriptions of it on this thread.

Actually, it is on there in the bonus material. Just not with the concert part of it which I agree is ridiculous. I did not think Breathe was a great opener but it is what they used at that show, so it should have been part of it.

Boots is (in my opinion) a pretty bad opener for the DVD, so I'm not sure why they bothered.

Also, they cut the "ten inch cockatoo" from Breathe entirely. :(

i liked the bsides.

blow your house down was a trimmed up diddy. i missed some of the outtake version but this is good.

heaven and hell, nice added overdub guitar. like Mercy, i miss the bridge

down all the days is quite the interesting song...

near the island is a beautiful instrumental-quite cool

oh berlin is interesting also, need to listen a couple more times but cool experiment.

also does anyone get any "blue room" vibe from oh berlin?

unreleased bsides....major :up:

also does anyone get any "blue room" vibe from oh berlin?

Not so much, but I'm thrilled that material like this from the Achtung era is finally coming out. So cool to get new songs like these, no matter when they were technically completed in full, haha.

Godddd, it's good to listen to Alex Descends Into Hell For a Bottle Of Milk again, dunno why I haven't for such a while.

not listened to the demos/Baby Achtung versions yet til I've got my decent headphones on at home but i'm looking forward to giving this all a listen!! :hyper:

Well that's just bloody ridiculous. The version people paid for is supposed to at least contain the same material as the versions that aired on BBC and Showtime, not less. The exclusions don't make sense to me.

Not sure about the other stuff, but they may not have gotten clearances to use the likenesses of all those bands for a retail version of the documentary.

I don't know why I'm holding out until I get my copy. It's already coming...I may as well cave in now and listen..........................................................................:shifty:

My super still says shipping soon. I guess we're getting them overnight, even though we paid for just the 2-day.

That's BETTER be how it goes down. :mad:

I just checked the top-selling albums on Amazon USA. The super-deluxe set, which costs about $121, is currently ranked #19, while the 2-CD Achtung Baby reissue, which costs only about $20, is ranked #31.

At the moment, I don't think I can justify getting either one of them. The bonus CD on the AB reissue sounds like it's mostly remixes and tracks we've heard before.
And while I would really love to hear all this great material you guys are talking about on the super deluxe set, in order to get those discs I have to buy a lot of stuff I don't need. I already own Achtung Baby and Zooropa, and the Zoo TV video, and now I discover that the version of From the Sky Down I saw on Showtime last night is actually better than the DVD in this set.

I'm afraid I'll have to hold off buying anything right now, even though I'm dying to hear some of that unreleased material. Wish this stuff had been packaged in a way that had been more fair to the fans.

Ubers or Supers?

Mine is a super and says it is shipped with estimate delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I used Amazon, so they clearly ship on Sunday as package tracking indicates this:

"Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - October 30, 2011 7:20:06 PM "

This has probably been discussed in this thread already but I do not feel like weeding back through it.

What exactly is on the DVD that was just labeled "bonus material" previously?

Also, I know most don't care for them, but how are the 3 remixes (besides EBTTRT (Fish Out Of Water)?

anybody opened the internet link that was given in the uber boxset?

I don't have my set yet, but it looks like the download link just allows you to download all of the audio content in MP3 or WAV. No unique content as far as I can tell.

It specifically says that it's a "high quality digital version." Would be interesting if it were 24-bit or something, but I doubt it.

Now I'm the antsy one. :reject:

Still says "shipping soon" for my uber, but my new best friend Naresh flat out told me "you will receive the item on November 1."

Sounds like overnight to me. :up:

So, is there a verdict on Oh Berlin whether it is new or old lyrics/vocal?

I think it is a 2011 job. Bono's voice sounds aged (in a good way), and the 'festival of brown' lyric, and retrospective nature of the song have me pretty convinced.

If this is where they are at musically, I like!

corianderstem said:
Now I'm the antsy one. :reject:

Still says "shipping soon" for my uber, but my new best friend Naresh flat out told me "you will receive the item on November 1."

Sounds like overnight to me. :up:

You gave in and went with Uber?

Am I the only one with?

Did anyone with the uber get the web site to work yet? I'm only getting the super but I'm curious about the online content.

Holy shit, I can't believe I typed "uber." :lol: Freudian slip? I guess I really want one.

I'm getting the super version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom