Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The possibility that it is remastered after all, but they intentionally didn't mention it, so we would discuss about it, doesn't seem that far-fetched anymore. :hmm:

I'm not sure what to make of sillywhite's tweet. If he's correct, it's encouraging news. On the other hand, his wording is a bit odd to me..."As far as I know...". Seems to me if he had direct knowledge of it, he'd just say so. Though he certainly is in a position to know (presumably), it's also possible he's just assuming.

The Amazon situation just makes it even more confusing. Amazon.com has specifically removed "Original Recording Remastered" from all the various versions of this set, but the international sites, including the Canadian and UK sites, continue to have some, but not all, the versions listed as remasters.

I don't have my actual discs handy, but has anyone looked at the liner notes to the other remasters? How is the new mastering described? "Additional mastering by..." or something like that?

I don't have my actual discs handy, but has anyone looked at the liner notes to the other remasters? How is the new mastering described? "Additional mastering by..." or something like that?

The Joshua Tree remaster:
Re-mastering directed by The Edge

Re-mastering produced by Cheryl Engels, Partial Productions
Re-mastering engineering by Arnie Acosta at Bernie Grundman Mastering
Mastering Assistance and Pro Tools Engineering by Scott Sedillo
Technical Support Thomas 'Beno' May

Best of 1990 - 2000:
Audio Post Production by Cheryl Engels at Partial Productions, Inc.
All tracks have been digitally remastered from the original master tapes where possible by Arnie Acosta at The Mastering Lab, Los Angeles
Digital Editing by Pat Sullivan at Bernie Grundman

From the Boy remaster:
[...]
Mastering Assistance by Scott Sedillo
Technical Support by Thomas "Beno" May

The possibility that it is remastered after all, but they intentionally didn't mention it, so we would discuss about it, doesn't seem that far-fetched anymore. :hmm:
I can't see them doing that. Afterall, they must surely know that only the hardcore fans are going to buy these super/uber boxsets, and by NOT announcing the remaster they risk pissing us off (and, more importantly to them, risk losing potential orders). If if HAS or WILL BE remastered, then I put it down to their marketing team being very slack and not on the ball in their failure to make it clear.

I can't see them doing that. Afterall, they must surely know that only the hardcore fans are going to buy these super/uber boxsets, and by NOT announcing the remaster they risk pissing us off (and, more importantly to them, risk losing potential orders). If if HAS or WILL BE remastered, then I put it down to their marketing team being very slack and not on the ball in their failure to make it clear.

Yes indeed, but everything about it is just very weird. First everyone announced/assumed it was a remaster, then suddenly it appears not to be one, and now there start people claiming it's a remaster after all. It really doesn't make any sense at all. :|
Whatever it'll be, it's a fact the marketing team is slack.

The Joshua Tree remaster:

Mastering Assistance and Pro Tools Engineering by Scott Sedillo
Technical Support Thomas 'Beno' May

Best of 1990 - 2000:
Audio Post Production by Cheryl Engels at Partial Productions, Inc.
All tracks have been digitally remastered from the original master tapes where possible by Arnie Acosta at The Mastering Lab, Los Angeles
Digital Editing by Pat Sullivan at Bernie Grundman

From the Boy remaster:

[...]
Mastering Assistance by Scott Sedillo
Technical Support by Thomas "Beno" May

Interesting...thanks for posting these. At least it tells us that we will know for sure when the thing finally comes out, as the liner notes on previous remasters clearly indicate them being as such...and being supervised by The Edge.

:hmm: Interesting. That's the same one as the Santa Monica guy right?

Interresting news revealed today by ANDREW FLETCHER (Member of DEPECHE MODE)during a press conference!

So today, excerpts of a press conference with Fletch in Belarus have been uploaded on Youtube. He was there to DJ.

In this excerpt, someone asks "Depeche Mode have never done any covers. Why?"
Fletch says: "We have done a couple. We were lucky to have very strong songwriters, so we had no need to do any covers. But we have just done a cover version of a U2 track, which will be released in November."
Andy Fletcher in Minsk Press 2 - YouTube

:up:

If that is for the rumoured AB cover project (and I think it is), then which song? I can see them doing Zoo Station.

Who else did we have some kind of confirmation on? Coldplay (no substantial evidence, I think) and Glasvegas are the other two, I believe.

Interresting news revealed today by ANDREW FLETCHER (Member of DEPECHE MODE)during a press conference!

So today, excerpts of a press conference with Fletch in Belarus have been uploaded on Youtube. He was there to DJ.

In this excerpt, someone asks "Depeche Mode have never done any covers. Why?"
Fletch says: "We have done a couple. We were lucky to have very strong songwriters, so we had no need to do any covers. But we have just done a cover version of a U2 track, which will be released in November."
Andy Fletcher in Minsk Press 2 - YouTube

Whoa. :drool: :hyper: This gets me excited.

I would love to see U2 return the favor someday and cover a Depeche song. In Your Room? Black Celebration? Stripped? Sooooo many awesome picks to choose from the Depeche catalogue.

Omg Depeche Mode doing an AB song. That's awesome. :love:

But which song.. hm, Love is Blindness definitely seems a good choice. Or perhaps Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

I'm a DM & U2 Fan.....i heard a rumour from the best DM forum (not confirmed 4 the moment).....the cover by DM rumoured for the AB REISSUE would be : SO CRUEL

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom