A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the one I'd want -- I suspect I could cut it down to the window and one angel:

thebells.jpg

I just don't have the guts for a whole back piece, but I do think this is beautiful.

Last fall my young boss came down and asked me if he could ask me something -- I figured it was work-related. He asked me if I had a tattoo! I said, "Yeah," and he laughed and said, "I KNEW it!!" Sheesh .... He just turned 40 and is contemplating one.

He went to work for another division here, so Tuesday I sent him a picture of my tat, since I don't work for him anymore. :D

I've also thought of doing a trail of English Ivy with the names of my cats from my first one (when I was about 3) named Mooneyes. I think that would be cool, too.

You know what would be cool? If at the beginning of this thread, all the people with ink would have their pics in a row...kinda like the photo thread.
But it would prob be too much work, I guess.

I'm curious, how painful is it to get tattooed right over the shoulder blade? Anyone had experience with this? I'm planning my next tat.. :hmm:

I'm curious, how painful is it to get tattooed right over the shoulder blade? Anyone had experience with this? I'm planning my next tat.. :hmm:

Mine was pretty painful. I almost asked him to stop less than a minute in but once it got a little numb and the endorphins kicked in, it was tolerable.

You know what would be cool? If at the beginning of this thread, all the people with ink would have their pics in a row...kinda like the photo thread.
But it would prob be too much work, I guess.

Go for it. :p

My pawprints werent TOO painful but still more painful than my other tats. Most likely because there is very little skin/fat there.

This one's on my left shoulder & I'm sure the experience wouldn't have been that different on the other side of my back. :wink: It's about 3"x3" & was a little, um... 'tricky' in certain areas. You just have to know going in that it's going to be uncomfortable & find something to focus on besides the pressure, i.e. a conversation, some music, an interesting painting/poster nearby, etc. Either that or be one of those folks who likes being hurt. :lol:

Hawktat5re-do.jpg

And just because we're talking tats, here's the first one I ever got. It's on my right ankle & was a birthday present to myself on my 30th. I kept it hidden from my parents for 3 years & only then told them because my dad saw it by accident. :reject: :D
AnkleTat001.jpg

I'm thinking now I'd like to have one more on the back of my neck... I'm trying to come up with something I could have done when I'm in Dublin this August. :hmm: :drool:

^I got a shamrock on the inside of my left wrist when in Dublin last fall. I LOVE it! I am working with my tattoo guy to design a border to surround the shamrock in a Scottish thistle (flower) vine-type design since we've discovered geneology roots taking our family to the Scottish Highlands and since I also visited Scotland last fall. I'll never forget that amazing trip! :heart:

Kaf, mine is right about where the beak is on BluRmGrl's tat. i didn't think it was too painful. i did have the guy stop once because i stopped thumbing through a magazine and realized what he was doing. it wasn't tooooooo bad on the painful scale though.

a bunch of us should get one while in TO :whistle:

jasejttat-1.jpg

I posted this tat sometime back,
this was about an hour after it was done...
It's even more beautiful now.
Like Char said, after a few mins, the body's pain killers kick in,
and afterwards, you are numb enough to not care.

On the other hand...this one hurt because the wing tips went right into my ribs, and the vibration of the needle on the bone, was nearly death inducing.
But I would do it again in a heart beat.
The butterfly represents a certain time in my life where I always had butterfles in my stomach, in the best of ways.
It is also covering a surgery scar, if you look real close you can see it under the belly of the butterfly.

beach008-1.jpg

As far as pain, I usually can mentally 'remove' myself from the situation.

My next several tats will be on around my elbow area, and right shoulder.

This is a tat on one of my clients...

UABRSTAT.jpg

Pretty sweet huh?

Jase, your tats are so :drool: (I said tats, TATS :tsk: :shifty: ) I would imagine it would be especially painful as the needle goes over the spine of the scap :nerd:

Thx for the info, everyone :up: Just have to finish my design and I think I'll go for it.

Mine is actually between my shoulder blades, but i guess the pain would be the same in that general area... It did start hurting a little after a while because he had to keep going back in certain places for more color... Chriss is such a great guy and has a very soothing voice so all i had to do was ask him to keep talking to me... Plus it's kind of a good kind of pain (if that makes sense...)

butterflies.jpg

Mine is actually between my shoulder blades, but i guess the pain would be the same in that general area... It did start hurting a little after a while because he had to keep going back in certain places for more color... Chriss is such a great guy and has a very soothing voice so all i had to do was ask him to keep talking to me... Plus it's kind of a good kind of pain (if that makes sense...)

butterflies.jpg

:shocked: :drool: :heart: :love:

oh so beautiful!

Thank you guys!!! I had it done for my wedding, i had a butterfly theme (no live ones were used though)... I got a little obsessed after i went to the Butterfly World in Florida... :D

Cari, we need to see yours!!!!

butterflies.jpg

wow...that's gorgeous!! i totally know what you mean by a good kind of pain. what a beautiful idea for a wedding.

AngelK, your butterfly tattoos are some of the most beautiful tattoos I have seen. I love those.

I made an appointment for a new tattoo! I'm so excited. Turns out the artist is very popular so I got a month long wait. Another Oscar Wilde inspired tattoo but I think this one will be more interesting.

I don't really like the idea of having an odd number of tattoos, I may have to get another one after this one.

Those are beautiful butterfly tattoos, I like the placement, too

I had a great time with my tattoo guy, RJ, at Self Expressions Tattoo in SD this afternoon! What a bargain I got too so I gave him a good tip! He filled in my shamrock I got in Dublin and designed a cool border around it with Scottish thistles so that commemorates my trip to Ireland and Scotland. Then we added to my U2 collection with a gnarly joshua tree, peace dove, zoo baby, "One Love" and "Dream Out Loud". I will have to get some pics soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom