A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted these in another thread, but figured they go better here.

I got this one in January.
It hurt so good.

jttatjase.jpg

jasejttat.jpg

My first tattoos ever... naturally N & D
jasend.jpg

cinnaminson said:
both look great. matching tattoos:cute:
Well...kinda matching.
Mine was a tribute to 20 years of The Joshua Tree album
and happened to be the name of the band my fiance used to be in.
His was more of its his favorite album and the part U2 has played in his life and the band factor..
Though both were done on the same day and by the same artist.

Thank you for the compliments.

Getting my first tattoo tomorrow! :hyper: It's the Grace dove, on my left inner forearm. It's a nice subtle U2 reference, and the dove means so much to me, it's peaceful and reminds me that everything will be okay. Pics will follow :)

Has anyone had a tattoo done in Dublin? I've got a list of shops and think I know which one I'll go to and what I want and where....just curious if any blue crackers have any recommendations?

Carek 1230:

I got a tattoo done in Dublin, at Zulu Tattoo parlor in Crown Alley. They were really nice, and it worked out fine.

My friend here is the fiancee of a guy who works at Zulu, and he's super nice and wonderful.

She also knows just about every great tattoo artist in Dublin, she's helping me get a discount/ find a good artist right now. The one in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre is good, and there's one on the Northside that's really good, but she didn't tell me the name yet.

If you want to ask me anything else, you can e-mail me and I can ask her for you.

All done with the tattoo! Piece of cake...except the area right where my elbow bends...that hurt, kind of a lot, the rest was fine though. I'll take pics and put them up tomorrow :D

A ton of people at school have been inspired to get a whisk tattoo after seeing Duff from Ace of Cakes get one. A friend and I have planned on getting a Chef hat tatttoo when we graduate next spring. I really think I like the whole whisk idea instead. It looked really cool. We'll see...I've been thinking about the Chef hat for a long time now but I'm definitely going to get one with my school buddies after we're officially Chefs :drool: :love:

I just saw this thread...I started my angel wings tattoo last Tuesday, and after 3 hours I was done. It'll be finished at the end of next month, but here's a preview.
w.jpg

I was inspired by Bono's angel wings hoodie , only I can't draw to save my life, so my drawing looks nothing like the original. :shrug: The left is about 90% complete, the right needs to be shaded, and I'm going to have "Like No One Before" written above the wings, in Celtic font of course. :D I feel so lopsided right now though - I can't wait for it to be finished!

Alrighty, it's picture time! Clicky for bigger sizes :D

I just noticed that you can see all the nice scabbing in this last one...:lol:

Last edited:
We're crazy in Minnesota...you can get tattooed at 16 with a parent's consent. It was at a real shop, sterile, all clean, I checked, cause I'm all immunosuppressed, so I didn't need to pick up some infection from dirty equipment.

And, I'm 18 in 5 weeks. I was going to get the same thing done on my birthday anyway, now I can just get another :) So, my dad came along with me. It's the last thing we were doing together before I moved to college, which I'm doing today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom