A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I and two of my best girlfriends want to get this on our wrists:

poletattoo.jpg

:heart:

A tattoo studio in Antelope Valley is hosting a tattoo-a-thon this weekend to benefit the pregnant wife of one of the firefighters killed in the Station Fire. So if anyone in the area was thinking about getting some work done, this is a great opportunity.

From KNX:

Tattoo-A-Thon to Be Held to Remember Fallen Firefighters

Posted by Dave Malkoff

(CBS) - Here's something you may not know about fallen LA County Firefighter Arnie Quinones. He was a tattoo enthusiast. He was even featured on the TLC reality show LA Ink. The episode featured Corey Miller inking a full-back tattoo on Arnie Quinones as a memorial firefighters who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001.

The artists who worked on Arnie's back and arms were shocked to learn their friend had died on duty like the heroes of 9/11. Arnie Quinones leaves behind a pregnant wife. This weekend, Corey Miller and the rest of Arnie's friends in the tattoo community will hold an all-day tattoo-a-thon to raise money for the firefighter's widow. You can help out by stopping by American Made Tattoos at 2873 Sierra Hwy., Rosamond, CA 93560. You can call (661) 256-7093 for more info. The event runs all weekend starting at 10AM on Saturday and Sunday.

Here's the e-mail that's been flaoting around about the tattoo-a-thon:

Our good friend Arnie lost his life in the station fire. Myself (Jojo) and Mike Godfrey, karen and others. will be tattooing Saturday, Sept.5th and Sunday, Sept.6th from 10am until there are no more people left to tattoo and giving 100% of the money to Arnies widow and unborn child. If you don't want a tattoo and would like to still make a donation that is also very appreciated. We hope for a huge turn out since we are ready to tattoo all day to help.

Corey Miller did Arnie's backpiece on the show LA Ink. He will be here to share his story and pay respects to Arnie"s family and friends.he mentioned that he could also be selling t-shirts, all the proceeds will go to the Quinones foundation.

There will be additional parking @ wayside cafe, which will be open for food and beverages, as well.

This tattoo benefit is for Arnie to share his love for tattoos, and as a tattoo fan..

PLEASE REPOST!!! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH.

JOJO AND MIKE GODFREY

I've had a thing about stars forever and pretty much always knew I wanted a star on my wrist, so I combined that with my U2 love. :) (Did it today. It was pretty cool because as soon as we started, the radio station they had on played Until the End of the World. Even the artist was like :ohmy: wow )

101_1668-2.jpg

*tries again to post*

That's a great tattoo, comet!

(Ehrm, is the blue the same shade as Bono's eyes? :wink: )

:doh: Of course you did!

You could get another one on the other wrist that edgeactly matches Edge's eye color. :love:

Loving all the tats!:heart:

I'm wanting a patriotic butterfly on my ankle that says freedom in cursive underneath it. I'm not sure how I want my butterfly. Maybe something like one of these a little more realistic though. I know that I want it look like it's flying
flying_pastel_butterfly_tattoos.jpg

The other I want is on my right shoulder blade of a white tiger cub hanging off a branch and it says believe underneath it. This is a picture of the idea I want but I want the tiger more realistic.
whitetigercubbranch.jpg

Both tat ideas are personal for me and more like a spiritual ones for me of coarse the patriotic butterfly comes from being in a military family and loving my country and all that have served it.

The white tiger because I always felt a spiritual connect between I and the white tiger very beautiful and unique and strong.

The only issue I have other than money right now is getting the guts to go and get one, no one wants to go with to get them my Dad hates tats and what not, but we'll see what comes up. I want to get at lest one of those if not both.

I also head white doesn't last long? a concern I have with both of my tats mainly my tiger though some have said just go with an orange bangle tiger but the white means more to me then the normal orange tiger

^ Ooh, that's different :hmm:

Comet, that's awesome! Did it hurt much?

Nope not really. I was looking forward to it again ever since my first one, I kinda like how it feels :shifty:
and thanks :)

And I love that patriotic butterfly pic ^^

Sweet! That's where I want mine. Call me crazy, but I didn't mind how mine felt either. It's kinda funky :wink:

Thank you! I think Im gonna go with the butterfly first I really like it. Now trying to figure out where to get I was gonna do my ankle but everyone said that would hurt like heck and since I never had a tat before probably not a good idea? :shrug:

I could just put it on my shoulder where I was gonna get my tiger:hmm: I just want it somewhere where people can see it but can be covered when needed for work and what not.

I think the ankle is a good choice because I just like tattoos in that area in general, but I don't know about the pain factor since I don't have one there. For some reason it does seem like that area will be more painful than other areas, but then again everyone is different. Hopefully someone here with one can help you with that. I think maybe in general, tattooing is less painful than a lot of people expect, at least it is for me anyways... it's certainly nothing as bad as getting a shot or blood drawn or those types of things which I am a big chicken about!!

Your shoulder would probably hurt less than the ankle, but even the ankle probably wouldn't be terrible either. The ones of mine that have hurt the worst were the tree on my left bicep, which goes into the inner arm and near the elbow, both very painful spots, and the shading on my angel, which is on my right forearm. Mainly muscle + multiple needles for shading = ouch. :lol:

The pain definitely comes and goes though, and there are plenty of people with low pain tolerances that get them, so if you want it, go for it. The pain factor isn't enough of one to keep away from getting a tattoo, in my opinion.

Yeah I probably go with either one, when my money comes in I may go to one of the shops I like. There are two near both are great etc just one more expensive than the other, but both are top in my town.

My cousin who has a lot of tats recommended the shoulder more than the ankle, somewhere with more meat in my case I don't have any meat, but he said the one that hurt the most was the back of his leg right on the muscle.

If you're really worried about pain then perhaps go to a chemist and buy an emla patch? You'd surely have them, if not a similar thing, in the US where it's a patch you apply to the skin for an hour before an injection which reduces pain considerably. Very handy for young kids and blood tests.

And I saw the episode of LA Ink with the fireman. Sad story. :(

I just found this butterfly it gives an idea how I want mine
3661629832_7bdf37082e.jpg

That's a neat idea for a tattoo. Very original :up:

Blue Crack Star Tattoo :love:

If you're really worried about pain then perhaps go to a chemist and buy an emla patch? You'd surely have them, if not a similar thing, in the US where it's a patch you apply to the skin for an hour before an injection which reduces pain considerably. Very handy for young kids and blood tests.

When I was getting my big ass cat on my shoulder, it wasnt until 2 and 1/2 hours in, and me crying from the pain that they guy busted out some numbing ointment. :| I was like are you kidding me? You've had that the whole time?? :doh: It didnt help at all at that point.

My first tattoo was a 1-inch band around my right ankle that took about 2 1/2 hours for the artist to complete. I knew it was going to be uncomfortable around my Achilles tendon, but I was surprised at how the whole ankle was pretty tender. I've never regretted it myself, but unless you've got a strong pain tolerance or you're doing a fairly small piece, a bony area like the ankles, the small of the back or the shoulder blade might not be the place for a first tattoo.

My problem right now is that I've decided I want a Irish/Celtic tat, but trying to choose one that hasn't been done to death & doesn't have to be huge to be seen clearly hasn't been easy. I also don't know where to put it; with my right ankle & left shoulder tattooed, I have balance: lower right/upper left. If I get a 3rd, I don't know where I'd place it to stay in balance. (Mr. Blu says this is a testament of my OCD tendencies.) :D

So - I have no idea what design, what placement & which artist I would use... I'm thinking this might take a while. :doh: :lol:

i have an appointment on saturday to get my first tattoo :)!! i'm so excited!! its a tribute to my mom and sister, who are both hair dressers, and i'm getting it on my thigh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom