A stunning article from a truly gifted man...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

standrums1

Babyface
and also from a band for that matter...

Bono remembers U2's "Boy" | U2 news article from @U2

I know I should have probably posted this on the @u2 forums...I will next, it was where I first read it.

I was really moved by this post from Bono on Rolling Stone's website.

An incredibly astute guy we're talking about here...I have been a fan for YEARS and I sensed genius, but now I'm sure. What a way with words...

Must be out of this world being part of that band!

I'm really enjoying all the extras from the re-releases now, I'm hearing the original albums in a new light too.

Love it!!!! Can't wait until the new album...it's what life is all about....

Bono is an amazing writer, although his grammar and mechanics, at least in this, could use a bit of work. But the content was amazing. ;)

We are very blessed to have him writing U2's lyrics. I'm listening to TUF right now... that song's lyrics are so beautifully poetic. :drool:

Bono is an amazing writer, although his grammar and mechanics, at least in this, could use a bit of work. But the content was amazing. ;)

We are very blessed to have him writing U2's lyrics. I'm listening to TUF right now... that song's lyrics are so beautifully poetic. :drool:

well he wrote it sort of like any one of us would write on interference...I appreciate that cause it makes him seem more "normal" if that makes any sense :giggle:

well he wrote it sort of like any one of us would write on interference...I appreciate that cause it makes him seem more "normal" if that makes any sense :giggle:

True true true. But I have grammar-nazi tendencies, when I'm not reading a forum, I guess. :reject:

You know, hearing him write like that almost makes me believe that the lyrics on the new album will be really good; the prose in that article makes me think of younger more poetic Bono combined with the older more self-efacing Bono.

You know, hearing him write like that almost makes me believe that the lyrics on the new album will be really good; the prose in that article makes me think of younger more poetic Bono combined with the older more self-efacing Bono.

:hmm:

never really made the connection, but yeah....I sorta see what you're saying...hopefully! Not sure if it's worth mentioning or not but I will...it's hard to imagine crap, cheesey lyrics on the next album after reading that :pray:

That's what I mean; it seems like Bono's word's are well-oiled and flying high.

It was extremely excruciating to read BONOs comments.. and i hope that I never have to go through that again....I only hope THE EDGE writes less like a complete fucko etc.

I LOVE IT! :up:

Always love to read Bono's writing, he has an interesting way with words, very unique and characteristic.

I like it because it's personal, moving, and at the same time ironic.

I think it's great that he went to the RS site in order to respond to an album review.

It was extremely excruciating to read BONOs comments.. and i hope that I never have to go through that again....I only hope THE EDGE writes less like a complete fucko etc.

I think you'll only have to do that if you read it again, and you know, i can't really see you doing that.

I think I read this article in another part of the forum (pleba?) and it really is magical
He is definitely a gifted writer with the ability to touch your hearts with a simple turn of phrase
ditto to whomever said that this piece of writing gave them hope for some really interesting songs on the upcoming album
soooooo excited :hyper:

Interesting read. :up::up::up:

Sounds like Bono is really confident on the new album and hope it delivers. :applaud:

I was reading some of the reactions to Bono's post in the comments section...

"U2 is probably top 5 bands ever, but Bono is such a joke when he speaks. Great band though."

" 'For us music was a sacrament …an even more demanding and sometimes more demeaning thing than music as ART, we wanted to make a music to take you in and out of your body, out of your comfort zone, out of your self, as well as your bedroom, a music that finds you looking under your bed for God to protect your innocence…'
Lol. Good lord, and U2 fans can’t fathom why people find Bono to be a clumsily “poetic” narcissist. Damn he’s oogy….."

wtf...:scratch:

I'm posting all over Interference...I just can't help myself. Bono's gift with words, his ability to articulate what he feels and thinks...well writing like that does it for me. I'm listening.

Rob, cool down, most of the comments on the article were nice, there always have to be some jerks adding bogus, not everyone likes Bono/U2.

Seconded. A stunning article? More like semi-incoherent drivel that is almost impossible to follow due to the random capitalisation, run-on sentences, and pathetic grammar. Thank god Bono normally writes lyrics rather than prose. Don't quit your day job, B-man.

Seconded. A stunning article? More like semi-incoherent drivel that is almost impossible to follow due to the random capitalisation, run-on sentences, and pathetic grammar. Thank god Bono normally writes lyrics rather than prose. Don't quit your day job, B-man.

oh PUUUULEASE :doh:

:banghead:

I was reading some of the reactions to Bono's post in the comments section...

"U2 is probably top 5 bands ever, but Bono is such a joke when he speaks. Great band though."

" 'For us music was a sacrament …an even more demanding and sometimes more demeaning thing than music as ART, we wanted to make a music to take you in and out of your body, out of your comfort zone, out of your self, as well as your bedroom, a music that finds you looking under your bed for God to protect your innocence…'
Lol. Good lord, and U2 fans can’t fathom why people find Bono to be a clumsily “poetic” narcissist. Damn he’s oogy….."

wtf...:scratch:

oh PUUUULEASE :doh:

:banghead:

That's exactly what makes literature interesting!

I'll read prose like that any day. It's challenging.
There is so much boring writing out there. Bono uses some extraordinary vocabulary, I like that.

Whether he is good at writing or not, he is still a very gifted person. :cool:

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom