3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Las Vegas Sun

Wed, Nov 8, 2023

The Sphere in Las Vegas reported an operating loss of $98.4 million for the fiscal quarter ending Sept. 30, Sphere Entertainment Co. said this morning on an earnings call.

For blackjack...

Closest place that will have fair rules at low minimums from Venetian is Treasure Island, right across the street.

Ellis Island is off strip but walkable (assuming everything isn't completely FUBARD with F1 stuff) and will have $5 and $10 3:2 tables on a continuous shuffle.

Downtown has a lot of options - the best one being the $10 & $15 single deck 3:2 games at El Cortez.

I don't play roulette, but I'd assume the same places will give you decent odds. Be wary of the triple zero tables at some of the places on the strip

Thanks again Headache :up:

Last edited:
I'm hoping Green Day has some GA tix that aren't VIP packages at $493 and up when the general onsale happens this morning...

I was there in mid-October so the grandstands were being built but nothing had really been shut yet... and the whole place is still a fucking nightmare to get around. The bus that runs up and down the Strip was almost always full, the traffic is awful, Ubers are expensive and walking anywhere is really awful and hot cos of all the sun, concrete and buildings. I was so keen to leave Vegas, it's quite unpleasant. 3 nights is the absolute max I'd recommend anyone stay there. One night to see a show, one to have fun on the Strip, one in Fremont St.

there's very little about the venue that didn't have me incredibly impressed, other than perhaps the prices for a beer.

I paid $100 US dollars for a whisky, gin and tonic and red wine. So about $170 Australian dollars. How is that fucking legal?

Could be I just missed any discussions about it, but what did everyone think about the sound in the Sphere? I remember the hype about what it would sound like from every seat. Would like to know opinions about the sound from the different seating areas.

I went in GA and level 4 and thought it was the best I've ever heard them sound on both nights.

About $100 more than that in NY, aka more than I paid for a U2 GA ticket at the Sphere.

I'm starting to get used to the idea that any concert that isn't like, MUST SEE is going to have to be a last-minute purchase the day of to get a good (or at least face-value) price. I don't like it, but it's not like I can do anything about it.

I'm starting to get used to the idea that any concert that isn't like, MUST SEE is going to have to be a last-minute purchase the day of to get a good (or at least face-value) price. I don't like it, but it's not like I can do anything about it.

Yeah same, and even for must sees I'm starting to side eye. I absolutely love Green Day, but I'm not paying above face, especially if it's in a ballpark, the worst of worst venues.

Yeah same, and even for must sees I'm starting to side eye. I absolutely love Green Day, but I'm not paying above face, especially if it's in a ballpark, the worst of worst venues.

Same. I just don't want to feel like I'm never going to concerts again (besides u2), haha.

Pretty much the same for me. Just did this with Depeche Mode the other day... bought a very good lower level ticket that came out to $200 total. I would've needed to pay up to double that for anywhere similar on the secondary market, unless I kept a frequent eye out for the StubHub deals. Upper level and side seats weren't that much cheaper than the one I got, if that.

Agree...it's TM or resale sites the day before or of now. It makes it hard if you need to travel. I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to be buying tickets for the 1/31 show a couple hours before it starts while sitting outside of the Sphere.:crack:

I paid $100 US dollars for a whisky, gin and tonic and red wine. So about $170 Australian dollars. How is that fucking legal?

814b4b7e06e7e281ec0a82c8224ffa4146fe8aad.jpeg

Agree...it's TM or resale sites the day before or of now. It makes it hard if you need to travel. I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to be buying tickets for the 1/31 show a couple hours before it starts while sitting outside of the Sphere.:crack:

I hear ya! That's how I got one of my 3 for Innocence in Dublin. (I wasn't at the venue, I was in the Little Museum looking at the U2 exhibit. I helped someone else get tix too then, I was telling everyone "GAs are dropping!" haha.) Not ideal but exciting when it works.

My typical approach was to buy enough decently priced cocktails before the show and then one double “maintenance” drink once I’m inside. Now I just take an edible if I’m so inclined. Too old for hangovers.

I paid $100 US dollars for a whisky, gin and tonic and red wine. So about $170 Australian dollars. How is that fucking legal? .

Also, unless you have the means, do not see that Aronofsky movie. I paid US$170 I think and god it was such a waste of money.

The $25 to see the 360 Claw seems like a reasonable deal in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom