3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've already bought a flight and have GA tix for Feb but haven't told the wife yet :reject:

I've already bought a flight and have GA tix for Feb but haven't told the wife yet :reject:
:lol:

My husband thought I was going in December and February. No plans for February but I should have just said “YEP”

We would leave early morning on Tuesday January 30th and come back Friday February 2nd. Hotel is Linq. Spirit flight is nonstop round-trip to Vegas for around $125 from Pittsburgh. We just flew Spirit for the 10/25 show without issues. 5 hour flight. I don't think I can pass it up. Maybe we'll just get seats.

Spirit isn’t bad if you know what you’re getting going in, and paid the few extra bucks for the aisle seat.

i've been given "permission" to go again in 2024 (he will come but probably not see the show a 2nd time so I'll go GA if I can find some), but we are gone for a lot of January so looking like maybe that last weekend in Feb.

is anyone having issues with the app? I haven't been here in days because I can't log in.

is anyone having issues with the app? I haven't been here in days because I can't log in.

Yes. It kicked me out over the weekend, and I can't log back in.

ETA: It appears the app has been discontinued. There's a thread about it.

Last edited:

Well I did it!:reject: It's just going to be me and one friend. We saw our first U2 show together in 1985 for the Unforgettable Fire tour when we were seniors in high school. Went this month with my husband and 23 year old son. Leaving them at home this time!:lol: Total for airfare and 3 nights at Linq was $215. Now I just need 2 tickets!

I reread the Variety article from before the start of this thing and clearly must have missed this part...

Says Azoff, “It’s premature to tell you what’s coming up. But many of the very biggest, most iconic acts in the business checked it out. And U2 has an option to continue at the Sphere for two more years. So I think we need to let U2 get acclimated to see what they’re going to do next, and then I would think by the end of the U2 residency, certainly, we will be ready to announce other music projects in the Sphere.” No putting the cart before the U2 horse. “I’ve been doing this a long time,” Azoff says, “and I’m as excited about this as anything I’ve ever been involved in.”

Two year option?

I reread the Variety article from before the start of this thing and clearly must have missed this part...

Two year option?

Yup. Notice how they didn’t announce the Jan/Feb shows as “final.” Even with the higher prices for the 300s and 400s, demand hasn’t softened yet - overhang notwithstanding. I do think they’ll announce more, but not into 2025. They’ll want to leave some demand/hype on the table for the next world tour. This endeavor has been their best press in years.

Well I did it!:reject: It's just going to be me and one friend. We saw our first U2 show together in 1985 for the Unforgettable Fire tour when we were seniors in high school. Went this month with my husband and 23 year old son. Leaving them at home this time!:lol: Total for airfare and 3 nights at Linq was $215. Now I just need 2 tickets!

Congrats! We are seeing the 1/31 show in the 200s - if you want to meet up for a pre show beverage let us know!

Yes I believe that two year option probably exists and they will likely do that and not tour. Hopefully they will put out an album.

Like I said before it's the ideal arrangement for them at this stage in their lives. Even traveling in your private jet and having everything done for you, at this point they're probably sick of it.

I'm really excited to read about the two-year option. My bf (not a U2 fan) has decided that he would like to go to the show, but we've missed the boat on these Jan/Feb shows, and all I'm seeing is resale tickets at really high prices. Hoping we can wait, and more shows will be added beyond Feb.

I'm really excited to read about the two-year option. My bf (not a U2 fan) has decided that he would like to go to the show, but we've missed the boat on these Jan/Feb shows, and all I'm seeing is resale tickets at really high prices. Hoping we can wait, and more shows will be added beyond Feb.

I really think that they will add more shows in March and April. If not, resale prices will come down as the shows get closer. People are just tying to scalp them for as much as they can right now.:wink:

Yup. Notice how they didn’t announce the Jan/Feb shows as “final.” Even with the higher prices for the 300s and 400s, demand hasn’t softened yet - overhang notwithstanding. I do think they’ll announce more, but not into 2025. They’ll want to leave some demand/hype on the table for the next world tour. This endeavor has been their best press in years.

god i'm really hoping for some shows in the spring. i'm dying to get back but need to space things out with work and kids school and whatnot.

damn kids always keeping me from doing what i want :shakesangryfist:

Could be I just missed any discussions about it, but what did everyone think about the sound in the Sphere? I remember the hype about what it would sound like from every seat. Would like to know opinions about the sound from the different seating areas.

Sounded good to me in GA, nothing mind blowing. Definitely better than any arena I've been in, they're obviously not built with just concerts in mind.

I wasn't impressed with the sound until I realized I could piece out every instrument and it wasn't just a wall of noise. It's not earth-shattering, but it is very good.

Piece out every instrument and it wasn't just a wall of noise is a great way to describe it, that's how it sounded to me too

The only hiccup I noticed with the sound was an echo of the sound from the beginning of the final song (don't want to spoil). Otherwise, things sounded clean.

Could be I just missed any discussions about it, but what did everyone think about the sound in the Sphere? I remember the hype about what it would sound like from every seat. Would like to know opinions about the sound from the different seating areas.

Sounded good to me in GA, nothing mind blowing. Definitely better than any arena I've been in, they're obviously not built with just concerts in mind.

We were in lower 406 seats on 10/25. The sound was excellent up there. Could hear Bono whisper. Definitely the best sound from a nosebleed seat I've ever had. The sound even seemed to be coming from behind us at times.

i think they will - but i don't think it'll be until they know what the deal is with larry.

Yeah, Larry is the unknown element in all of this.

Album or not, if he's not fit enough to tour, then the residency gives them a way to keep playing live, keep earning and being in the public eye for as long as they can sell tickets...

Staying at the Venetian (Vibee), me and mates, none of us big gamblers though. Any recommendations on where is best to go for gambling, if we’re only likely to do a bit of roulette, maybe some blackjack. I assume the Venetian will be a bit expensive in terms of minimum table bets and so on for casual gamblers?

Staying at the Venetian (Vibee), me and mates, none of us big gamblers though. Any recommendations on where is best to go for gambling, if we’re only likely to do a bit of roulette, maybe some blackjack. I assume the Venetian will be a bit expensive in terms of minimum table bets and so on for casual gamblers?

For blackjack...

Closest place that will have fair rules at low minimums from Venetian is Treasure Island, right across the street.

Ellis Island is off strip but walkable (assuming everything isn't completely FUBARD with F1 stuff) and will have $5 and $10 3:2 tables on a continuous shuffle.

Downtown has a lot of options - the best one being the $10 & $15 single deck 3:2 games at El Cortez.

I don't play roulette, but I'd assume the same places will give you decent odds. Be wary of the triple zero tables at some of the places on the strip

Back
Top Bottom