3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think you have to jump up and down or take your shirt off to be considered enthusiastic. Considering the very sizable older loyal U2 fan base, neither one of those things is a good idea anyway.

I don't think you have to jump up and down or take your shirt off to be considered enthusiastic. Considering the very sizable older loyal U2 fan base, neither one of those things is a good idea anyway.

I read that South Americans take off their shirts and twirl them also.:shrug: I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, so I thought that they were Terrible Towels waving.:lmao:

Well at least they weren't talking and watching through their phones.

True, I just don't get either one of those things. I lived the days when people just watched and listened to concerts. Experienced it while it was happening instead of videos and photos on their phones. I understand wanting some clips of the visuals at Sphere because they're stunning, but people could also mostly watch them.

I keep my phone use to a minimum at concerts and I don't talk while the songs are going on.

Does anyone think that they might extend the shows through March? I wouldn't mind going back for a Wednesday St. Patrick's Day show with my 2 girlfriends. Went on 10/25 with my husband and son.:wink:
God I hope so. I might be able to justify going back again if it stretches into the spring, so my fingers are crossed.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/taylor-swift-fans-argentina-camping-out-eras-tour-1235778141/

This reminded me of, well.. Internal spreadsheet lol

Some diehard Swift fans with general admission tickets have taken their love for the Grammy winner to a whole new level by camping out in tents near the Estadio River Plate stadium in hopes of securing spots as close to the stage as possible (via Pitchfork). The camping started in JUNE

According to Pitchfork, fans have been “occupying four tents outside the stadium, taking turns in carefully planned rotations. … An internal spreadsheet, created by two organizers and updated by assigned administrators, keeps track of around 60 folks per tent. Most of them are young women, but no one under 18 is allowed. Based on a ranking system gathering everybody’s total time, the longer you’ve been in a tent, the higher the chances of being one of the first in line.”

What a nightmare

https://news3lv.com/renderer/news3lv/amp/news/local/travelers-in-las-vegas-asked-to-leave-for-airport-4-hours-early-flights-airplane-f1-weekend-harry-reid-international-southern-nevada

WOW!! Went last night-- Simply incredible--

Loved the way Bono mixed Gloria into beautiful day and moment of surrender into streets

They rocked Vertigo, elevation, acrobat, and vertigo

According to Bono the drummer is Max Verstsppen, Adam Clayton is Kewis Hamilton, the Edge LeClerc, and Bono is D Ricardo- Further only Bono can bring peace between country and metal and between F1 and NASCAR.

Incredible, life changing experience/ Loved it

Last edited by a moderator:

Our Uber driver was telling us that the whole Formula 1 situation is and will continue to be a nightmare for the locals. Roads that were drivable that morning will suddenly be closed. Fences everywhere. And the race cars are likely to tear up the pavement of the roads. He said most rideshare drivers are planning to take that week off. And worst of all, it's gonna keep happening for another 9 years after this.

I guess all of that is to say, we heard a lot of Formula 1 talk this past weekend. And none of it was positive.

Our Uber driver was telling us that the whole Formula 1 situation is and will continue to be a nightmare for the locals. Roads that were drivable that morning will suddenly be closed. Fences everywhere. And the race cars are likely to tear up the pavement of the roads. He said most rideshare drivers are planning to take that week off. And worst of all, it's gonna keep happening for another 9 years after this.

I guess all of that is to say, we heard a lot of Formula 1 talk this past weekend. And none of it was positive.

I didn't know that it was going to happen there for nine years, yikes. It seems like a money grab that wasn't well thought out in terms of the long term implications and the implications for people who don't give two...about car racing and are trying to get around to do other things.

They even put up some sort of plastic covering the views of the Sphere and the Formula One on the pedestrian bridge on Sands Ave. Seems like maybe they don't want people trying to see the race at all for free from there if you could see it from there.

Back from our weekend trip ( Nov 4 show ) and still on a high.
Like most of you I have seen them a bunch of times but this was next level. Bono sounded great except on wowy but other than that his voice was strong. I will even forgive them for including vertigo amd elevation ::lol: our seats were in the 300 section and were great .
No words to describe the visuals except I got lost during ultraviolet and I have never heard so many oohs and aahs from any crowd ever.
Where can I find the Gavin Friday lemon remix , I LOVED it

They even put up some sort of plastic covering the views of the Sphere and the Formula One on the pedestrian bridge on Sands Ave. Seems like maybe they don't want people trying to see the race at all for free from there if you could see it from there.

Yes - according to our Uber driver, they are blocking public/free views of the race from pedestrian bridges. His take was that some wealthy people stand to make a lot of money from the race, and everyone else just has to deal with it.

I'm glad to read there's an opt-out. Sounds like they're gonna need that.

Uh, probably?
;D

And then if you only get 1-2 in the drop you'll have to 'rock, paper, scissors' for who gets to go in.

Airfare and hotel for three nights for 187 per person? You must live fairly close to LV? Is that on Spirit or Frontier or that Sun whatever it is?

I hate to type or say out loud how much my cross country airfare was.It was non stop on Delta, I couldn't do stops because I was just there for the concert and flew home the next day.

Think I paid right around $500 for airfare and hotel for 4 nights - with a huge caveat that my first three nights were comped from previous Vegas trips.

Toss in two GA tickets and we were around $1100 before food and gambling.

If the shoes were local, assuming the tickets were the same cost - figure $100ish per night food and drink, $100 per night Uber back and forth .. would come out to around $700ish. So I guess that makes it a $400 Vegas tax.

I spent a good amount and got a lot out of it.
Time off, time away, time with my wife, time with my favorite band, great meals, great shows, flights were fine I guess, great cocktails, no I didn’t win shit, that’s ok.

Attachments

• IMG_8464.jpg
    IMG_8464.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 4
My final tab came out to around $1100 for two shows, as well. I just accepted it’d be worth it in the end, and thankfully it was! If more shows work out next year, amen. But I’m happy I was able to get at least two out of them.

Airfare and hotel for three nights for 187 per person? You must live fairly close to LV? Is that on Spirit or Frontier or that Sun whatever it is?

I hate to type or say out loud how much my cross country airfare was.It was non stop on Delta, I couldn't do stops because I was just there for the concert and flew home the next day.

We would leave early morning on Tuesday January 30th and come back Friday February 2nd. Hotel is Linq. Spirit flight is nonstop round-trip to Vegas for around $125 from Pittsburgh. We just flew Spirit for the 10/25 show without issues. 5 hour flight. I don't think I can pass it up. Maybe we'll just get seats.

Back
Top Bottom