3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The buzz is everywhere. My partner went to the post office today and without any prompt, the gentleman at the desk asked her, "So are you going to the SPHERE in Vegas?!" as she approached. :hyper:

She shared how yes, her partner is going in December and has tix for another date that he's trying to offload. But she just found it funny how he just blurted it out. He'd been talking with a co-worker and trying to convince everyone that they need to go!

I was told to sit down at the Packers game last Thursday and I almost punched the guy in the face.

Seems like more a night one thing, and clearly something that wasn't well communicated - either from security to fans or management to security.

I definitely looked up a few times on night one and saw people standing up at all levels, but some sections weren't.

Night two looked more uniform as far as the standing goes - so looks like they fixed whatever communication breakdown

Good, cause I am not planning on sitting down this Saturday. :hyper:

My sister asked me last night when exactly was I going because she saw some Instagram reels of opening weekend. My mom also wanted to show me videos but I told her nope. I’m trying my best to wait until December. :wink:

Had an INCREDIBLE time at Fridays shows, just bought tickets to the 10/20 as well, it was that good.

However, the energy level of the people on the seated areas was atrocious. A lot of the crowd around me looked bored or unfamiliar with the non-single AB tunes.
It honestly seemed like a lot of casual fans bought tickets . . .

Had two couples behind me ask me to sit down …that was a hard no from me. It’s a concert not a damn dinner show.

I had a similar experience. I was in the 300s off to the side, and it was a great view of everything, but the vast majority of those around me were not very into it unless they played singles/hits. Everyone would sit down periodically, such as for a slower song. I stood the entire time, as this was my first U2 show and I was not about to sit for it. I'm pretty sure I carried my section in terms of knowing/singing the songs. I was also the youngest by far, haha. The older guy next to me asked how I knew every word.
I was kind of disappointed at my section's failure to sing back to Bono when he let the audience sing.

Also, EVERYONE was filming if something remotely interesting happened. I decided from the get-go that I would leave my phone under my seat. I was shocked that everyone wanted to watch the whole show and the massive screen through their own tiny screens. The irony.

And, yes, it was extremely steep. One older lady was very stoked early on in the show, dancing and jumping (one of few in our section), and her husband held her belt the whole time so as to save her from tumbling to her death.

(First time posting here... not sure of specific rules for quoting but I removed a couple things from the above quote that could be considered setlist spoilers. Probably no big deal, just being safe.)

I had a similar experience. I was in the 300s off to the side, and it was a great view of everything, but the vast majority of those around me were not very into it unless they played singles/hits. Everyone would sit down periodically, such as for a slower song. I stood the entire time, as this was my first U2 show and I was not about to sit for it. I'm pretty sure I carried my section in terms of knowing/singing the songs. I was also the youngest by far, haha. The older guy next to me asked how I knew every word.
I was kind of disappointed at my section's failure to sing back to Bono when he let the audience sing.

Also, EVERYONE was filming if something remotely interesting happened. I decided from the get-go that I would leave my phone under my seat. I was shocked that everyone wanted to watch the whole show and the massive screen through their own tiny screens. The irony.

And, yes, it was extremely steep. One older lady was very stoked early on in the show, dancing and jumping (one of few in our section), and her husband held her belt the whole time so as to save her from tumbling to her death.

(First time posting here... not sure of specific rules for quoting but I removed a couple things from the above quote that could be considered setlist spoilers. Probably no big deal, just being safe.)

yea i made a conscious effort to keep my phone away on night two - other than a few key moments that I knew i wanted to capture.

we're all so conditioned to take photos and videos of cool shit we see now a days - and that building is full of 'em.

I plan to keep my phone away (something I rarely do) for the first two shows, since I’m seeing them from 2 different vantage points. I’ll record what I want to record at the 3rd show.

I really, really want to be in the moment this time around - this is a dream show (at least the Achtung Baby portion is) and who knows if it will ever happen again in some shape or form after December 16th.

Yeah, it was an amazing show, everything I could have hoped as a recent fan grieved at having missed the Zoo TV tour. I am glad that I was in the moment.

I’m the same. I was just a hair too young too see Zoo TV, but I remember it being a big deal amongst friends who had older siblings who went and saw it. AB was the album that made me a die hard, and it remains my #1 album ever. I watched Sydney dozens of times in high school, and remember the ari from Zooropa to Pop as being excruciatingly long. Ha!

Can’t wait until Saturday!

I’m the same. I was just a hair too young too see Zoo TV, but I remember it being a big deal amongst friends who had older siblings who went and saw it. AB was the album that made me a die hard, and it remains my #1 album ever. I watched Sydney dozens of times in high school, and remember the ari from Zooropa to Pop as being excruciatingly long. Ha!

Can’t wait until Saturday!

You will be there saturday? Me too! :) Seats Saturday (I regret selling my GAs) and GA Sunday! Maybe we will run into you?

AB was my first CD. It is what hooked me and as such, it is also my #1. I missed Zoo TV by the thinnest margin. I had just moved to the U.S. a couple of months before they rolled by the Palace of Auburn Hills. Tuned in to the MTv Video Music Awards and there they were, 45 minutes away from me. I think 15 year old me might have cried. Then a few years later I came to find out that they were staying at the Ritz Carlton just handful of miles away. I wouldn't go to a hotel and creep as an adult, but 15 year old me would have begged my parents to take me. So this is a damn dream come true and I think 46 year old me is totally going to cry on Saturday. No promises on Sunday either.

I didn’t become a die hard fan until a month after the release of Achtung Baby. I was 14 but didn’t get to see them in LA at Dodger Stadium or the indoor LA show they did either during the Zoo TV 92/93 tour, but I had friends at school that did and got to hear how awesome the shows were. So I had to wait for MTV news clips of shows and eventually the release of the VHS tape. Because yeah. That was life back then haha.

So it’s pretty awesome just watching these clips in 2023 of them performing the album and seeing and hearing how well these songs hold up live almost 30 years later.

Being born the year it came out means this is me being able to time travel, and pretend I’m actually at those shows! More bootlegs from that era than any other on my computer, I just hope I find a GA! Have a blast everyone ?

I’ve got GA and then seats and my only complaint about it is maybe the order?

I’ve got GA and then seats and my only complaint about it is maybe the order?

I would agree. Our rationale with seats was to get the big picture first and then GA after knowing where to be or where to look. But the GA habit is hard to break and I am totally regretful about selling those GAs. Innominata, if you change your mind and want seats instead, hit me up. :lol:

I would agree. Our rationale with seats was to get the big picture first and then GA after knowing where to be or where to look. But the GA habit is hard to break and I am totally regretful about selling those GAs. Innominata, if you change your mind and want seats instead, hit me up. :lol:

I’ll have my husband and brother in tow, but would be up for a pregame drink?

I have seats and am worried I am going to have to find a way to get GAs for another show. I am doing as much as I can to go in cold (it’s hard to avoid), but the GA experience looks like a dream come true.

I’ll have my husband and brother in tow, but would be up for a pregame drink?

I have seats and am worried I am going to have to find a way to get GAs for another show. I am doing as much as I can to go in cold (it’s hard to avoid), but the GA experience looks like a dream come true.

Are your PMs open? I can send you my phone and you can hit us up if you have the time. We will likely be sticking by the Venetian but have plans to hit the Cosmopolitan friday night. I will have Michelle with me (she was with us in DC that one time) and CatLady. WildHoneyAlways will also be around at some point.

Back
Top Bottom