3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm setting the over under on the first person posting on the facepalm page, asking whether or not whatever is going on at UNLV will impact tonight's show, at, um, half an hour.

and we have our first person to ponder whether or not the show will be shut down tonight. took 54 minutes.

frankly i'm impressed.

the issue specifically with Pavel is not that some people do not realize that he's not Bono - it's that he plays into that and makes no effort to let them know that he isn't - and has been doing so for years.

i think every fake bono out there has, at one point, taken liberties with the whole thing. but this schmuck, in particular, takes it way way way too far - and continues to do so even though there have been numerous complaints from fans about his behavior. .

Exactly. What I observed on Friday was near hysteria from the crowd gathered around him and Pavel playing it up 100% as people shoved forward to get a selfie with him. And then you end up with people going from elation to disappointed/angry when they later find out he’s fake.

It just feels a bit disgusting to fuck with people’s emotions like that.

Last edited:
If the shooter turns out to be a Bono impersonator, you guys are going to feel like shit.

I had forgotten that story :lol:

But yes, there is a difference between such a situation and intentionally doing it time and time again trying to fool people or at least not clarify the situation when it becomes clear that they do not know you are the real thing. I frankly think that the only reason some handing out cards took place is because he does cameos, so it benefits him financially.

Good grief! :no:

Going back February 23rd and 24th. Bringing the husband along. He is good for one show. Will probably go see Barry the second night. :lol:

3/1 here! Kind of can’t believe I don’t have to spend ages staring at the tm page for them over the next couple months. :)

For the first time since the fall of 2001, I’ve been denied tickets. Yea, I’ve seen it already, and yes this is closing night, but a little disappoint considering I’ve been a paid in-full fan club member since it began.

If anyone has a GA they will part with for closing night, please LMK.

I don’t want to be a d-bag and go Vibee, but I might.

Got the “disregard the Unfulfilled” email, which was wholly unexpected but also evidence that the system still ain’t perfect.

can someone tell me how there were less than 55 tickets available for the 3/2 show?

i was 55th in the queue ... was told it was totally sold out.

Because the sold all the tickets in the U2 presale? I don't know what the rules are for keeping tickets for general sale anymore...

can someone tell me how there were less than 55 tickets available for the 3/2 show?

i was 55th in the queue ... was told it was totally sold out.

4 ticket limit X 54 people in front of you would mean max available tickets was 216. We’re estimating the GA is what, 2k? So figure roughly a 90% cut that is split in an unknown ratio between the fanclub and Vibee packages, each also with 4 ticket limits.

4 ticket limit X 54 people in front of you would mean max available tickets was 216. We’re estimating the GA is what, 2k? So figure roughly a 90% cut that is split in an unknown ratio between the fanclub and Vibee packages, each also with 4 ticket limits.

when I finally got in (after moving to the back of the line and waiting for 22,000+ people) GA was totally sold out. cheapest other tickets were like $700 and most for $1000 and up.

no thanks.

Supposedly it’s randomized. I don’t recall an Ultra / Violet designation split being communicated this time. IMO, there are some improvements that could’ve been made:
1. First round selection: Ultras who haven’t bought 4 tix via previous presale. If you bought 2, you get 2 max. If you bought 0, 4 max. Blah blah for the other configurations. Each show fulfills first priority Ultra requests. If any tickets remain, each show fulfills second priority Ultra requests and down the line.
2. Second round selection: rinse, repeat for Violets with the above limitations.
3. Third round selection: Ultras who have already exhausted 4+ ticket requests for prior shows.
4. Fourth round selection: same deal for Violets.

I don’t think you’d even get to the third group, but at least Ultras who never bought a single presale ticket (or fewer than 4) get a shot first. The band wants new faces? Done.

when I finally got in (after moving to the back of the line and waiting for 22,000+ people) GA was totally sold out. cheapest other tickets were like $700 and most for $1000 and up.

no thanks.

The queue number bumped from 55 to 22,000? That is crazy and terrible.

I tried to get back in the queue for a friend after I got my 3/2s and it was 16k long. When I got to the front, it "suspended my session" and refused to let me search for anything until I tried microsoft edge instead, lol. Sold out.

BTW, it took at least a minute to process payment. I was thinking it'd probably fail.

Also, the waiting room thing went from "1 minute" to "< 1 minute" then back to "1 minute" (where it stayed until I got in). For fun!

Sorry to all who failed. There's always another day, depending on how much time you want to waste looking or how much anxiety you can take waiting for a ticket drop.

The queue number bumped from 55 to 22,000? That is crazy and terrible.

no. I was at 55, got in -- informed the whole thing was sold out.

i tried again -- because why. not -- and there were tickets available but all $650+ and most over $1000+.

For those who have done GA so far - are there weird unofficially official pre-lines to worry about? Or does it work as described?

i got blanked at the presale as well.

frustrating.

That sucks of course! I hate it for any big fans on here.

But you said you made a show -- so I don't know how you pulled that off -- so I can't feel too bad for you!

Oh, hey, I believe we were just having this conversation...

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/bono-surprises-chicago-bar-patrons-christmas-carols

As it turned out, he had not. Book Club Chicago notes that longtime Bono impersonator Pavel Sfera admitted to the publication via email that he was the one in the bar that night. “I didn’t have the heart to tell them that I wasn’t the real Bono,” he told the publication. “I think a moment of, ‘is it or is it not him?’ lends itself to a fun story to tell at dinner parties.”

Fuck this guy.

Fuck this guy.

For real.

Meanwhile in his post about the crowd at the Venetian from 6 days ago…

“ it's too much. There has to be something else I gotta be doing. Inventions ...and more”

”it is very overwhelming and that love and affection is not for me. I've got to rethink this”

In response to someone saying : “You're in Vegas. You can be Bono there!”

“LOL. I don't want to be Bono anywhere”

And not quite on point, but thought it was rich:

“ I have to rethink this. I didn't realize to get into the Sphere you got to go to The Venetian. They have strict rules there.”

:eyeroll: x 10000000

the ticketmaster queue is about as pointless as the public studio 54 line. there are endless "VIPs" who can easily cut ahead of us plebs.

Last edited:
For real.

Meanwhile in his post about the crowd at the Venetian from 6 days ago…

“ it's too much. There has to be something else I gotta be doing. Inventions ...and more”

”it is very overwhelming and that love and affection is not for me. I've got to rethink this”

In response to someone saying : “You're in Vegas. You can be Bono there!”

“LOL. I don't want to be Bono anywhere”

And not quite on point, but thought it was rich:

“ I have to rethink this. I didn't realize to get into the Sphere you got to go to The Venetian. They have strict rules there.”

:eyeroll: x 10000000

He's posting in that stupid Facebook page?

Back
Top Bottom