2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain further, because this isn't exactly what Peter was talking about.

I'm not sure what you mean by allocating them, but then never going on sale to the public?

I do think U2 have been pulling tickets and selling them over face value through different companies. Guy talked to fans outside the final Vancouver rehearsal and he swore up and down he's never done it and fans several hard cores basically laughed in his face. Audio was recorded.

Can you explain further, because this isn't exactly what Peter was talking about.

I'm not sure what you mean by allocating them, but then never going on sale to the public?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This tv show was saying that websites like getmein.com etc etc are run by the tour companies or if they arent run by them there partners to them.

Tickets are put away solely for resale sites. So the resale site that is a partner or run by the tour company will get an allocation to sell at inflated prices.

The tour companies basically sell tickets themselves on there

I do think U2 have been pulling tickets and selling them over face value through different companies. Guy talked to fans outside the final Vancouver rehearsal and he swore up and down he's never done it and fans several hard cores basically laughed in his face. Audio was recorded.

Great story brah. You can believe this all you want, but it's not based on anything, at least on anything that you've said or shown in here.

This tv show was saying that websites like getmein.com etc etc are run by the tour companies or if they arent run by them there partners to them.

Tickets are put away solely for resale sites. So the resale site that is a partner or run by the tour company will get an allocation to sell at inflated prices.

The tour companies basically sell tickets themselves on there

So the tour companies, ticketmaster or the band? This only makes sense since the tour companies control this aspect, technically they can do what they like.

Let's begin with fraud.

Even if I had them the courts/media wouldn't really care. Even when TM has been busted on class action lawsuits the payouts were surprisingly minimal.

If you wanted to check the Madonna North American dates I'm sure you can find all of the same patterns of behaviour. Then you can cash that imaginary million dollar check yourself.

Even if I had them the courts/media wouldn't really care. Even when TM has been busted on class action lawsuits the payouts were surprisingly minimal.

If you wanted to check the Madonna North American dates I'm sure you can find all of the same patterns of behaviour. Then you can cash that imaginary million dollar check yourself.

I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell your theory holds water. You did not see tickets go from stubhub to ticketmaster. I don't care how big you are, no one is going to be that stupid and raise red flags that can simply be discovered by the average end user. There's no way ticketmaster is going to purchase tickets from stubhub. I'm sorry but your theory lacks logic and motive.

I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell your theory holds water. You did not see tickets go from stubhub to ticketmaster. I don't care how big you are, no one is going to be that stupid and raise red flags that can simply be discovered by the average end user. There's no way ticketmaster is going to purchase tickets from stubhub. I'm sorry but your theory lacks logic and motive.

In the days leading up to the opening night Vancouver show a couple hundred tickets were dropped on TM. All $300, full rows in the sections between the 2 blue lines from row 3 up to row 25.

They weren't production holds as there was no possible sight line blockage. No guest list holds as they got hammered with requests for both Vancouver shows. They weren't unsold tickets as both shows were sold out in the weeks before.

Where did those tickets come from?

In the days leading up to the opening night Vancouver show a couple hundred tickets were dropped on TM. All $300, full rows in the sections between the 2 blue lines from row 3 up to row 25.

They weren't production holds as there was no possible sight line blockage. No guest list holds as they got hammered with requests for both Vancouver shows. They weren't unsold tickets as both shows were sold out in the weeks before.

Where did those tickets come from?

You stated earlier you saw these tickets on Stubhub, now you're recanting?

Why would Stubhub sell tickets back to TM rather than just drop their price? Why would TM make such a transaction? Your logic and motive is extremely flawed. Stop making up bs and twisting and just ask yourself why?

You stated earlier you saw these tickets on Stubhub, now you're recanting?

Why would Stubhub sell tickets back to TM rather than just drop their price? Why would TM make such a transaction? Your logic and motive is extremely flawed. Stop making up bs and twisting and just ask yourself why?

I was scouring several scalper sites the weeks before the show. Then what appeared to be those same tickets popped up on TM.

It's easy to get stubhub and ticketsnow mixed up. Ticketsnow is owned by ticketmaster so one would think transfer of tickets from primary seller to secondary seller(and vice versa) would be easy.

I was scouring several scalper sites the weeks before the show. Then what appeared to be those same tickets popped up on TM.

It's easy to get stubhub and ticketsnow mixed up. Ticketsnow is owned by ticketmaster so one would think transfer of tickets from primary seller to secondary seller(and vice versa) would be easy.

:giggle:

I work for one of StubHub's biggest competitors, and I can assure you times 1000% that tickets do not go from StubHub or any secondary site that isn't affiliated with TicketMaster to TicketMaster. It simply does not happen. Period.

I work for one of StubHub's biggest competitors, and I can assure you times 1000% that tickets do not go from StubHub or any secondary site that isn't affiliated with TicketMaster to TicketMaster. It simply does not happen. Period.

What about unused TicketsNow inventory going back to Ticketmaster?

What about unused TicketsNow inventory going back to Ticketmaster?

TicketMaster owns TicketsNow so it's possible, but it makes absolutely no sense.

First off, it doesn't benefit TicketMaster to lend its inventory to TicketsNow, which is an independently owned subsidiary. Why would TicketMastet list its tickets on a subsidiary website when it has its own secondary exchange right on TM? It reduces profitability for TM to do this.

Secondly, the brokers and re-sellers who list inventory on TicketsNow likely don't have relationships with TicketMaster. TM would not offer a refund to a broker because they couldn't sell the ticket.

Again, not sure you really realize how the secondary market works.

StubHub, TicketsNow, VividSeats, SeatGeek, TicketNetwork... none of them own inventory. They provide software to brokers and websites to list tickets on their exchange. That's it. Just because a broker lists his or her tickets on TicketsNow does not mean TicketMaster is going to take the seats back and re-sell them.

If that were the case, the tickets could be sold over and over again, which would create an absolute headache for TicketMaster. Could you imagine if tickets purchased from the *primary market* weren't scanned at the gate and denied entry because somebody else was already using them? That's one of the only two arguments that there are to use the primary market. Why jeopardize that over an extra couple hundred dollars? It's something a small broker or beginning re-seller would do... and then they'd quickly end up kicked off these exchanges anyway.

Insane logic, and it simply does not happen.

The company I work for does have a broker that works in house, but the broker is not under the company name, and is its own entity. Obviously, we placate each other in ways that are mutually beneficial.

A broker/re-seller is not going to be in cahoots with TicketMaster. TicketMaster is doing its best to cut into the rest of the industry, but decided to buy TicketsNow to at least have their fingers in the pie.

You're just completely off base with this, sorry.

TicketMaster owns TicketsNow so it's possible, but it makes absolutely no sense.

First off, it doesn't benefit TicketMaster to lend its inventory to TicketsNow, which is an independently owned subsidiary. Why would TicketMastet list its tickets on a subsidiary website when it has its own secondary exchange right on TM? It reduces profitability for TM to do this.

Secondly, the brokers and re-sellers who list inventory on TicketsNow likely don't have relationships with TicketMaster. TM would not offer a refund to a broker because they couldn't sell the ticket.

I'm suggesting Live Nation or less likely Guy Oseary have connections with TM/Tickets Now/Live Nation.

The secondary market looks more "legitimate" if there are tickets on multiple sites rather than 500-1,000 siphoned tickets placed directly on TM's secondary selling site arranged by Live Nation. As displayed by the Viagogo documentary linked in this thread.

We already know Madonna/Oseary has no problem being aggressive with ticket pricing and don't mind bad press(ie: charging newspaper reviewers to attend shows). We know u2 have sold "travel packages" for 4-5 tours now, that could be viewed as glorified scalping.

It was no secret that while fan clubs came through with tickets, the public on sale gave major headaches to even very experienced online buyers. Even Denver that was thousands short of a sellout.

So the tour companies, ticketmaster or the band? This only makes sense since the tour companies control this aspect, technically they can do what they like.

Livenation provides tickets to these ticketing tout sites.

Is it legal or illegal for Ticketmaster/Live Nation to move unsold broker tickets they siphoned/control from Tickets Now and sell them on Ticketmaster?

Morally, it's very sketchy could lead to some bad PR, but is it actually illegal?

I'm suggesting Live Nation or less likely Guy Oseary have connections with TM/Tickets Now/Live Nation.

The secondary market looks more "legitimate" if there are tickets on multiple sites rather than 500-1,000 siphoned tickets placed directly on TM's secondary selling site arranged by Live Nation. As displayed by the Viagogo documentary linked in this thread.

We already know Madonna/Oseary has no problem being aggressive with ticket pricing and don't mind bad press(ie: charging newspaper reviewers to attend shows).
So your theory is that Madonna's motive behind this is to bring more legitimacy to the secondary market?
We know u2 have sold "travel packages" for 4-5 tours now, that could be viewed as glorified scalping.

Oh please explain this one?

Is it legal or illegal for Ticketmaster/Live Nation to move unsold broker tickets they siphoned/control from Tickets Now and sell them on Ticketmaster?

Morally, it's very sketchy could lead to some bad PR, but is it actually illegal?

Did you read popacrobat's post? Or are you being purposely obtuse in order to keep the conspiracy alive?

Long answer, yes. Short answer, also yes.

These secondary markets DO NOT OWN THE TICKETS THEY SELL.

3rd parties, be they scalpers or just your average joe, own the tickets. The secondary sites are just a marketplace for selling the tickets. Even TicketsNow, owned by ticketmaster, operates this way.

For what you're suggesting happened to have happened, it would involve collusion amongst hundreds if not thousands of parties. Not very likely.

Where did hundreds of tickets come from? Cancellations? Ticketmaster and/or being dicks and just holding tickets to make demand seem higher than it really is?

We already know Madonna/Oseary has no problem being aggressive with ticket pricing and don't mind bad press(ie: charging newspaper reviewers to attend shows). We know u2 have sold "travel packages" for 4-5 tours now, that could be viewed as glorified scalping.

It was no secret that while fan clubs came through with tickets, the public on sale gave major headaches to even very experienced online buyers. Even Denver that was thousands short of a sellout.

Live Nation owns TicketMaster, so, yeah, that's a pretty big connection.

In turn, Live Nation owns both TicketMaster and TicketsNow. Why would they bypass their own product to make less money by listing inventory on StubHub, Vivid, TicketNetwork, or anywhere else? Live Nation and TicketMaster would love nothing more than to see the secondary market disappear and completely control all profits. Trust me on that one.

And again... none of the tickets listed on TicketsNow are owned by TicketsNow. Brokers would not give TicketMaster tickets back just so they could make money selling them on the primary market. That's silly. Why would they want somebody else to profit? Brokers would just drop the price until the tickets are sold.

Public on-sales give major headaches because brokers have access to many more pre-sale codes than you think they do (yes, U2.com subscriptions), and they often have teams not only on websites at the time of on-sales, but at TicketMaster kiosks.

Where did hundreds of tickets come from? Cancellations? Ticketmaster and/or being dicks and just holding tickets to make demand seem higher than it really is?

yes, both of these scenarios are far, far, far, far, far more likely.

TicketMaster can likely reject orders for the same reasons we can. Maybe on the on-sale date they had fraudulent orders that they decided to reject, in rare instances customer can cancel their order, customer may have failed to provide proper authorization/identification, customer's credit card may have been declined...

They'd know all of this within 12-48 hours. But, if they wanted to create a bit more demand and buzz, they'd just hold onto the tickets until a week before/day of show, whenever.

TM isn't going to reject a sale, wether it's you and me, Stubhub, or Mr. "I GOT TICKETS!" Once the ticket is sold, they have your money, the ticket is no longer their responsibility to sell, they don't give a fuck. Then these resellers turn around and post them for resale on ticketmaster's own resale. That's why the day tickets go on sale you can see the little red dots all over the arena. Then TM makes even more money because they charge you a fee to resell on their site.

I know this because I sold my U2 msg tickets on there, as our New York trip got cancelled. I'm a good guy and I listed mine for face value, and all the other resale seats around me, even a few rows behind me, were
selling for twice as much.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom