2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone to Chicago many times, all of them with other women and haven't ever had a problem. We've walked all over the city late at night feeling safer than I do in my hometown. After the U2 concerts, we walked through Grant Park. Lovely, quiet, nobody but the occasional fan making there way home.

Now that I know my way around Soldier Field, I'd love it if they came back there. Lambeau would be nice too, though.

Birdlover

I'd been to Chicago but once 10 years ago. After show 1, I got lost, so very lost. Ended-up walking alone, at roughly 12:30am in the southside, which I guess isn't the safest area.
I never once felt uncomfortable.

In top 8, nobody's perfect - STLtoday.com

In top 8, nobody's perfect

"The schedule even is affected by the music world. U2 will be playing in several stateside ballparks next season. "Several more than I had hoped," said Feeney. The buildup and teardown, let alone the U2 concert, tie up facilities for as much as 10 days at a time."

:drool:

I'd been to Chicago but once 10 years ago. After show 1, I got lost, so very lost. Ended-up walking alone, at roughly 12:30am in the southside, which I guess isn't the safest area.

If you stayed downtown at least, the south side isn't any less safe than anywhere else, and the city's only gotten nicer in the last ten years.

In top 8, nobody's perfect - STLtoday.com

In top 8, nobody's perfect

"The schedule even is affected by the music world. U2 will be playing in several stateside ballparks next season. "Several more than I had hoped," said Feeney. The buildup and teardown, let alone the U2 concert, tie up facilities for as much as 10 days at a time."

:drool:
Interesting. If the baseball schedule is out, does anyone want to volunteer to hunt through each team's schedule to see which teams have a 10-day road trip in June or July?

wow, i never once felt even a little bit disoriented walking around chicago! never felt unsafe either...well, once, but it was inside the stadium and i was talking to some douche.

Interesting. If the baseball schedule is out, does anyone want to volunteer to hunt through each team's schedule to see which teams have a 10-day road trip in June or July?

The St. Louis Cardinals have, interestingly enough, exactly a 10 day away stretch between July 5 and July 14

That fits in nicely with the rumors of a July 10th show at Busch

Okay, the Cardinals play at Busch on July 4th and 15th, and nothing in between. The July 10 date sounds very possible!

Checking a few other teams, the Marlins are away for the first half of July, and Toronto doesn't play a home game between July 11 and July 26. The A's play out of town from June 11 to June 20, so there's a gap in there if U2 wants to play then.

Beyond that, football stadiums all over the country (both college and pro) are going to be open in June and July.

Wait, though, isn't this tour supposed to be only in football and football/baseball combination stadiums (like the SkyDome)?

buschmain2006.jpg

comes complete with built in u2 accessory

Wait, though, isn't this tour supposed to be only in football and football/baseball combination stadiums (like the SkyDome)?

That's what was said, but evidently it's not entirely the case.

Hell, they managed to play Nice, and that's barely a stadium at all.

If they're open to playing ballparks in the US next year, that opens up a bunch of new possibilities (for instance, the beautiful Petco Park in San Diego, a difficult market), but I'm not sure how the sightlines would turn out in such a cramped space.

And there is still that Petco Park employee way back before the tour started who swore U2 had made plans to play there. :hmm:

If you stayed downtown at least, the south side isn't any less safe than anywhere else, and the city's only gotten nicer in the last ten years.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Harrison (I'll never stay there again though), when I started walking I got on to Michigan Ave, instead of going north, I started walking south. Ended-up around Cermak before I finally figured out I was going the wrong way.
I was a dope and didn't bring a map or anything with me, if I had a map I would have been fine, and saved myself a panic attack :) But it was a day of everything (outside of the show) going totally wrong.

And there is still that Petco Park employee way back before the tour started who swore U2 had made plans to play there. :hmm:
No reason not to believe that. U2 has apparently made plans to play at Ford Field and down the road in East Lansing on the same day next summer. They're just reserving lots of stadium time so they can play somewhere if they want. Maybe they wanted to wait and see how the first leg or two went before deciding exactly what types of stadiums they want to play in next year.

You can bet your house that they "Ain't" gonna play in Montreal next year.Worst stadium on the planet ,acoustic wise.

My money?, back to Toronto.

I really hope we get at least one date in Minni. It's only a 6 hour drive down from Canada for me.

You may just be in luck here. TCF Stadium is the venue cited in the 1st July rumour I've heard.

Minneapolis is certain to get a show. We should have had 2 Vertigo shows.

MN has 2 brand new stadiums to welcome U2--TCF Stadium, and the new Twins ballpark opens next spring. Either one should be an awesome place for a show. I'm covered either way for tickets, my aunt has her Gopher football season tickets, and I have Twins season tickets. WOOHOO!!!

M

Minneapolis is certain to get a show. We should have had 2 Vertigo shows.

MN has 2 brand new stadiums to welcome U2--TCF Stadium, and the new Twins ballpark opens next spring. Either one should be an awesome place for a show. I'm covered either way for tickets, my aunt has her Gopher football season tickets, and I have Twins season tickets. WOOHOO!!!

M

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Minni :hyper:

So what is this big U2.com announcement gonna be? Surely not the Gavin Friday gig in NYC. Come on - excite us:hyper:

So what is this big U2.com announcement gonna be? Surely not the Gavin Friday gig in NYC. Come on - excite us:hyper:

probably that they're playing SNL....or maybe they've talked about that already. whatever it is, it will be a disappointment.

Fenway, Wriggley & Dodger Stadium were rumored on Vertigo; Yankee Stadium was played on Zoo TV

I'm kind of bummed that they appear to be kicking off the next leg in Seattle. Especially given the long expected break. When they finished here in '97 it was amazing, even though they had to be in the Kingdome. Hopefully they won't be too rusty, but if they have new material it will be cool to be the first to hear it live.

I've already been planning a trip to Minny at the beginning of July next year to visit family, so I may have to be sure to get there by the 1st. Will definitely wait for the tour announcement before solidifying my plans.

Glad to see I might have the chance to see them two more times next year!

So, apparently Paul McGuinne$$ told a fan that U2 will play Azteca Stadium, Mexico City in May 2010.

This is a bit different to what I'd heard before ... provisional tour schedules, being what they are, can be rather prone to change, so it'll be interesting to see how things end up.

So, apparently Paul McGuinne$$ told a fan that U2 will play Azteca Stadium, Mexico City in May 2010.

This is a bit different to what I'd heard before ... provisional tour schedules, being what they are, can be rather prone to change, so it'll be interesting to see how things end up.

Okay, that's weird.

Okay, that's weird.

There have been suggestions of Latin America in April 2010 - the October rumours remain stronger, especially as it'd tie in with visiting Australia and New Zealand, but maybe there is some truth to them and the band might be working through the Americas from south to north?

Or perhaps the third leg might begin slightly earlier than expected? Mexico had previously been rumoured to get gigs as part of the North American leg instead of a Latin American leg.

I really don't know now. I'm suspecting the latter option of an earlier beginning is more likely, especially with a February/March tour of Australia/New Zealand seemingly out of the question due to a lack of stadium availability.

Of course, that assumes the rumour of Mexico City is even correct in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom