2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been suggestions of Latin America in April 2010 - the October rumours remain stronger, especially as it'd tie in with visiting Australia and New Zealand, but maybe there is some truth to them and the band might be working through the Americas from south to north?

Or perhaps the third leg might begin slightly earlier than expected? Mexico had previously been rumoured to get gigs as part of the North American leg instead of a Latin American leg.

I really don't know now. I'm suspecting the latter option of an earlier beginning is more likely, especially with a February/March tour of Australia/New Zealand seemingly out of the question due to a lack of stadium availability.

Of course, that assumes the rumour of Mexico City is even correct in the first place.
The earlier the start of the third leg, the less of a chance that SOA has of coming out beforehand, I think... which is unfortunate.
i own a diesel car with sunroof so can go places cheap. so where's my best option coming from toronto?

Montreal? Detroit?

The earlier the start of the third leg, the less of a chance that SOA has of coming out beforehand, I think... which is unfortunate.

You really think so? If the album comes out in the first quarter, that gives the band February/March to promote it, then time to rehearse before a May start. Keep in mind they'll be more in the groove already and won't need the same amount of rehearsal time as they did this year.

But still, I'll believe Songs of Ascent when it's in my hands ... or leaked onto my hard drive as the case may be.

So, apparently Paul McGuinne$$ told a fan that U2 will play Azteca Stadium, Mexico City in May 2010.

This is a bit different to what I'd heard before ... provisional tour schedules, being what they are, can be rather prone to change, so it'll be interesting to see how things end up.
Azteca might be needed for Mexican league playoffs through the end of May. It'd be tough to juggle a playoff schedule with the 10 days needed to put up and take down the Claw.

edit: thinking about it, it's possible that they'll end the season a few weeks earlier next year to have a bit of a break before the World Cup, so Estadio Azteca's schedule might be free for the second half of May

Keep in mind they'll be more in the groove already and won't need the same amount of rehearsal time as they did this year.
Yeah, and with the current tour's songs already rehearsed and familiar, they'll really only need to work on 5-6 songs from SOA (plus maybe one or two more oldies like TUF/YBR/UV if they want to add them).

It shouldn't take them too long. They were able to add in a few new songs to the final leg of the last tour without too much trouble.

Yeah, and with the current tour's songs already rehearsed and familiar, they'll really only need to work on 5-6 songs from SOA (plus maybe one or two more oldies like TUF/YBR/UV if they want to add them).

It shouldn't take them too long. They were able to add in a few new songs to the final leg of the last tour without too much trouble.

so ... you're saying that U2 woill get rid of the NLOTH songs for the SOA ones?
or dumping the rarities?

if the album is like they claim to be, 5-6 SOA songs are a little bit too much...
I can see 2 o 3

Pepokiss I had the same thought, if we get an unadulterated SOA, I could see EBW played and possibly Kingdom for real, but I don't know if we'll see much more, this could be because all we know is a mood, and nothing about the types of songs the others will/could be, but I'd hope we get a good mix of NLOTH/SOA... UC for one won't last into 2010 which is unfortunate because its a highlight for me, enjoy it while you can!

the claw could fit easily into many baseball stadiums, and would work quite well... fenway would not be one of them 'cause of the fence alignment

fenway wouldn't be one of them because it's a dump

as far as wrigley goes, i know there have been shows there in the past but i can't see how they could wheel all those trucks into the neighborhood.

-dan

fenway wouldn't be one of them because it's a dump

as far as wrigley goes, i know there have been shows there in the past but i can't see how they could wheel all those trucks into the neighborhood.

-dan

Fenway is a dump, but Wrigley isn't?

So this may be a stupid question but are second legs for U2 tours a for sure thing? This is the first tour of theirs I've been to and I really wanna go to more shows but I'll have to wait for the second leg, if there is one. Just wondering if the second leg is always a centainty with them?

Um, hello. Rogers Centre is a baseball stadium people

SMB

True, :doh: I was just thrown by the mention of Fenway. Which isn't a dump for baseball by the way, its steeped in nearly 100 years of history, I just don't want to watch a concert there, its why I reluctantly let Paul McCartney's latest tour pass me by.

i enjoyed wrigley field a hell of a lot more than fenway park... just my .02.

but they're both dumps... just historic ones.

Negative Nancy. But are you fans of either of them? If not of course the history wouldn't mean much to you. Plus they've done some pretty nice renovations at Fenway in the last few years, the wooden seats need to go, but they've opened up the concourses and made food much better.

Jake Berry and Fader Higher (U2's Production Team) has confirmed American Stadiums for June and July 2010 on their website

SMB

Yup. It's all true. Quote from the website

"The band will return to American stadiums for June and July 2010, and travel back to Europe for August and September 2010. The band tentatively plans to tour South America sometime in 2010. The U2 360° Tour could potentially consist of 90–100 shows over the two years."

FADER HIGHER PREMIER EVENT PRODUCTION

SMB

"The band will return to American stadiums for June and July 2010, and travel back to Europe for August and September 2010. The band tentatively plans to tour South America sometime in 2010. The U2 360° Tour could potentially consist of 90–100 shows over the two years."

SMB

Thank you Shawn:applaud:

Time to open a U2 Concert Savings Account:reject:

SMB

Hell Yeah!!! :hyper:
I better start saving

The SkyDome is a baseball/football combination stadium, so I'm not sure it counts as a pure baseball stadium. But I've never been there, so I can't really judge.

SMB

SWEET! Now just name dates and stadiums...

RENTSCHLER FIELD - HARTFORD CONN. PLEASE!!!!:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom