2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Christ that upper tier is steep!! The Claw would look tiny in that stadium!

My fingers are crossed for UK next year again, where our stadiums are smaller :wink:

it's a dump, but as long as we're all dreaming:

7694.jpg

(arizona stadium)

maybe if i win powerball tonight...

-dan

Is that The Famous Sun Devil Stadium like in Rattle & Hum:drool:

I would go to that "dump":ohmy:

nope, it's arizona stadium here in tucson where the wildcats play

there have only been two shows here in the last 25+ years

- fleetwood mac in the 70s
- 3rd eye blind, kelly clarkson and jay-z earlier this year

sun devil stadium is 100 miles north in tempe...it's much bigger and in a better area for shows

-dan

1356.jpg

Or this:drool:

Ohio State University

A tad over one hour from our house:ohmy:

:up: Only a 2 hour drive for us...would be quite nice and I know hubby would be glad that it's only 2 hrs instead of the 6 it was to Chicago. No matter to me really, road trips can be fun. Just keeping my fingers crossed that they will come out with the new dates before the new year other wise it is going to make for a long, cold, & snowy winter season.

Olympic Stadium is an absolutely beautiful structure... :love:

you know, one thing that has me a little skeptical that this big announcement is actually about the 2010 dates is that i don't think we're anywhere near the on-sale dates. another thing to consider is how much revenue did U2.com bring in by people purchasing U2.com subscriptions just to get first dibs on tickets. you'd think they'd plan on waiting until around the end of March next year again to ensure that the same people have to renew their membership first. i don't see them allowing 2 legs on 1 year's worth of being a fan club member. maybe i'm wrong. i guess it worked that way back in 2001, so we'll see.

You can all choose to believe this or not believe it but ....

A few family members of mine regularly attend the games of our local football team, and it turns out the bus driver to todays away game had been a lorry driver on the 360 Tour in Europe. My mum got speaking to the guy, and he had a good bit to say about the tour...

- He couldnt speak highly enough of The Edge, describing him as a "just an all around great guy" and "a genius", and that one night on the tour he even joined the crew for dinner. He said the rest of the band were great also, though he did think Bono was a bit of a hypocrite in relation to environmental issues, as apparently he jetted back and forth to his home in Nice between gigs. :lol:

-Also, he said that he is going on tour with the band again next summer, beginning on the 3rd of August. He said that up until this point the only European tour dates (that he was aware of) were set for Eastern Europe, with Russia being among those.

Now I'd be really surprised if they toured exclusively in Eastern Europe next year, but from what the guy said it appears as though that part of the continent will feature heavily.

Make of that what you will.

hearing that oakland will be between the 14th and 16th of june, it will be to steep, but they will probably use plaza level and bleacher...there wont be any seats within a country mile of the stage, even worse than toronto because it will be baseball setup (as foul territory is oakland is much bigger, ie farther from where stage will be)...prob the closest $275 seat will be 50-55 yards from the actual stage, and it will only get further away..Not a good venue for this, but only bearable one in the bay area

i saw some of the cal/minnesota college football game today, their new outdoor football stadium is nice.

-dan

:up: Only a 2 hour drive for us...would be quite nice and I know hubby would be glad that it's only 2 hrs instead of the 6 it was to Chicago. No matter to me really, road trips can be fun. Just keeping my fingers crossed that they will come out with the new dates before the new year other wise it is going to make for a long, cold, & snowy winter season.

PopMart Tour stopped at the 'Shoe in '96... incredible show! :love: I live 15 mins from the stadium. PLEASE come back to Columbus! The neighborhood block is ready to go...if it happens. :hmm:

July 03rd -- Green Bay, WI -- Lambeau Field
July 06th -- Pittsburgh, PA -- Heinz Field
July 08th -- Detroit, MI -- Ford Field
July 10th -- St. Louis, MO -- Busch Stadium
July 20th -- Philadelphia, PA -- Lincoln Financial Field

I don't think Green Bay or St. Louis will get shows. If they are already playing Detroit and played Chicago (twice), wouldn't the band sort of assume much of Wisconsin went to those shows? Between Detroit and Green Bay, Detroit is the more likely to be chosen of those two. I ask the same question with St. Louis with three shows combined in bordering states. If they hadn't gone to Norman on this leg then it might have been likely. :shrug:

What do you think the chances are for a date in Minneapolis? Does it have any good stadiums? I'm only a 6 hour drive down from Canada :D

I'd be shocked if it didn't actually. There are two stadiums there in the Metrodome and the new University of Minnesota football stadium. It has such a large population too and would get fans from Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, the Dakota's and of course Canada. The band would be crazy not to. :up:

Could U2 play in Russia without running risk of having polonium-210 slipped into their tea?

I don't think Green Bay or St. Louis will get shows. If they are already playing Detroit and played Chicago (twice), wouldn't the band sort of assume much of Wisconsin went to those shows?

Not necessarily. I won't go near Chicago and I don't think I'm alone in that thinking. And there is this rather large lake between Wisconsin and Michigan that makes Detroit a pain to drive to. Besides, Detroit is an even worse crime-ridden sewer than Chicago is.

The real discussion is probably whether they'll play at Lambeau Field or Camp Randall in Madison. I think Lambeau Field would actually be easier to sell out simply for the fact that it would be awesome to see U2 play on the hallowed grounds. Trust me, U2 fans up here would be dying to see the band play there - it's like a Mecca for folks all over the state. Both stadiums have been renovated recently so either way it should be a great place to see the band play.

I'd be okay with going to Minneapolis (much nicer than Detroit or Chicago and an easier drive) to see them although in that case I would much prefer to see them at the new University of Minnesota Stadium rather than the Metrodump.

FYI, I don't know exactly how trustworthy Stubhub.com is, but they do have a "U2 - Flash" choice in the pulldown menu under Lambeau Field and they do not have that choice for Camp Randall.

What do you think the chances are for a date in Minneapolis? Does it have any good stadiums? I'm only a 6 hour drive down from Canada :D

It's rumoured to be getting a gig ... possibly 1st of July.

The claw would look good here:

wbMCGready_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

But will probably be here like the Vertigo shows:

20090617142709_etihad_stadium_pano.jpg

MCG isn't much good sound-wise for concerts though. I'd much prefer the Telstra Dome. Not to mention we'd have a better chance of two gigs if they play the Dome.

The real discussion is probably whether they'll play at Lambeau Field or Camp Randall in Madison. I think Lambeau Field would actually be easier to sell out simply for the fact that it would be awesome to see U2 play on the hallowed grounds. Trust me, U2 fans up here would be dying to see the band play there - it's like a Mecca for folks all over the state. Both stadiums have been renovated recently so either way it should be a great place to see the band play.

agreed. i'll be at Lambeau today. :wave:

Not necessarily. I won't go near Chicago and I don't think I'm alone in that thinking. And there is this rather large lake between Wisconsin and Michigan that makes Detroit a pain to drive to. Besides, Detroit is an even worse crime-ridden sewer than Chicago is.

Chicago is very, very far from being a crime-ridden sewer.

You can all choose to believe this or not believe it but ....

A few family members of mine regularly attend the games of our local football team, and it turns out the bus driver to todays away game had been a lorry driver on the 360 Tour in Europe. My mum got speaking to the guy, and he had a good bit to say about the tour...

- He couldnt speak highly enough of The Edge, describing him as a "just an all around great guy" and "a genius", and that one night on the tour he even joined the crew for dinner. He said the rest of the band were great also, though he did think Bono was a bit of a hypocrite in relation to environmental issues, as apparently he jetted back and forth to his home in Nice between gigs. :lol:

-Also, he said that he is going on tour with the band again next summer, beginning on the 3rd of August. He said that up until this point the only European tour dates (that he was aware of) were set for Eastern Europe, with Russia being among those.

Now I'd be really surprised if they toured exclusively in Eastern Europe next year, but from what the guy said it appears as though that part of the continent will feature heavily.

Make of that what you will.

:hmm: I like the sound of "U2 in Eastern Europe".

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but weren't there slight rumours about the band re-visiting Sarajevo on this tour ?

Chicago will not get another show. Instead they will play Madison and St. Louis. Instead of Boston, they will play Hartford.

The only markets I see them repeating are NYC and LA. LA will probably get another stadium show, although not at the Rose Bowl.

Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Minneapolis
Madison
St. Louis
Detroit
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Hartford
New York City
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Miami
Denver
Salt Lake City
Seattle
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco

20 shows in 20 markets.

What are your sources saying Hartford? Really hoping this happens at Rentschler field. Live about 20 minutes from there. Supposed to be going to Foxboro tonight but not sure have a nasty cold thats been hanging on for over a week.

Chicago is very, very far from being a crime-ridden sewer.

For real! After Sunday's concert, our hotel was miles from Soldier Field. We took a cab down, and that ended up being some ungodly amount. Plus, 65,000 people all leaving a stadium at the same time meant there's no way you are going to get a cab. So we walked through the underbelly of downtown Chicago in the middle of the night. You know, that street under the street where all the homeless sleep? I was kinda sweating it, but none of them bothered us at all. Everytime I've been to Chicago, I'm always amazed that the crime seems to have largely stayed out of the downtown area. Great city!

Now, as far as the sewer part goes... yeah, the whole city pretty much stinks.

I'd be shocked if it didn't actually. There are two stadiums there in the Metrodome and the new University of Minnesota football stadium. It has such a large population too and would get fans from Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, the Dakota's and of course Canada. The band would be crazy not to. :up:

Yeah they should definitely play there then.

It's rumoured to be getting a gig ... possibly 1st of July.

Oooh that would be perfect for me! I would definitely do GA there. I gotta experience it just once :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom