2010 FIFA World Cup! Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the USA, that final goal shouldn't have been called off. Then again, Dempsey should've gotten a red card in the first minute when he elbowed that Slovenian.
:shrug:

Wha? I'm pretty sure that a yellow card and a stern talking-to about keeping the elbows down is the only reasonable call in that situation.

The third US goal was disallowed because the weak and card-happy (4:1 in our favour) referee whistled a foul in the offense. Not sure where he saw it but I guess he did.

:angry: 2:0 and we end up with a tie...well done US for fighting all the way. Now it's all up to the US-Algeria game (I doubt we can get a tie with England).

Wha? I'm pretty sure that a yellow card and a stern talking-to about keeping the elbows down is the only reasonable call in that situation.

Nope. Willfully hitting a player is red. And the reasoning is that there's no need not to keep the elbows down, so in such a situation there is intent.

England were the worst I ever saw them. Shocking! What's up with them?

I didn't think that the South African goalkeeper deserved to be sent off the other day. These rules I find silly. He didn't mean to trip him up he was aiming for the ball not the player. Klinnsman is begining to get on my nerves all over again recently. He's a pundit on the BBC. I much prefere Clerance Seedorf.

Nope. Willfully hitting a player is red. And the reasoning is that there's no need not to keep the elbows down, so in such a situation there is intent.

You gotta be kidding me if you think there was any intent there. It's possible for a violation to be negligent and not malicious.

Someone needs to tell these Australian players that only the goalkeeper is allowed to use his hands.

Someone needs to tell these Australian players that only the goalkeeper is allowed to use his hands.

To be fair, it struck him in the upper arm and was really hard, but a defender on the line absolutely can't have his arms sticking out like that.

Ghana sorely missed Essien today. They played some of the most selfish football in the World Cup so far, very bad game collectively. What's with shooting the ball from midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom