2005-2006 College Football (USA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based upon my reactions to the scores and those around me at Disneyland, it would rank pretty high on the disappointment charts...they're still not out of it...they've got ND in two weeks and UCLA is playing well...biggest potential for upset might be against Fresno State...they were an add-on game this year to fill in an open week; Fresno State will visit the Coliseum with nothing to lose. :yikes:

I think that its anyone reaction to be disappointed; its not so much that USC can't lose, hell, they're going to, its the fact that they're on path to do something that no one else has never done and that's 3 straight National Championship titles...I think that's the thing that most fans think about...Will Leinart be the Heisman winner; probably not, Reggie Bush is a stronger contender this year...but those aren't the important things to a fan like me,,,its winning the whole enchilada!

Last edited:
I'm just now recovering from that game. First, the Pac-10 needs new officials, this is getting ridiculous. I mean they can't even get Replays right. The problem of course is they use ex-Pac-10 officials to do the replays so that is just squaring the suckage.

Also, Matt Leinart had a concussion, which effected him for the entire game. Luckily we have two of the best running backs in the nation :wink:

Quote of the Week from ASU Coach Dirk Koetter: "Nobody asked me how we were going to stop USC's Fullback".

The ND game in two weeks is going to be a doozy.

Big game for Nebraska next week v Tex Tech.

Ah, there is a certain undeniable joy that comes when it's football time. Enjoy as much as possible, fans. It will be over before you know it, so live it up

CADT_11065_2004%20new%20zealand%20auckland%20pussy%20cat%20c%201075.jpg

I don't know who I'd rather see win.

Well, I guess I do. ND is a Northern team. So, I guess by default I'd want them to win. Of course, if USC loses.... I'll have to listen to everyone being "devastated" so....... :hmm:

Let the team that brings it be the team that wins it....

Breaking News!

Matt Leinart shaves beard!

Oh and he calls out ASU for their cheap shot on Saturday.

"For whatever reason, they made it a point that they wanted maybe to get me out," Leinart said. "I don't know what they were thinking, but it's going to take a lot, obviously a lot more, to get me out of the game."

"Matt L breaks pinky and is out for the season!"

I can see it now...... :wink:

Well, I respect a kids toughness. COncusions are not cool. I remember Steve Young, and he was a brave SOB. :up:

So, Saturday was close to being a perfect day.

I attended the USC game with my annual field pass. I nearly was tackled by Dwayne Jarrett. USC won comfortably. I will forever be amazed at the nitpicking people do at a 21 point win.

After the game, I went to see Greenday! You can imagine only one band could have made it perfect, but I see them in November :rockon:

This week is the first really big game. USC/ND, the greatest intersectional rivalry in College Football. Ah, I have very nice memories of my last trip there. I got to rush the field!

Anyhow, I think this is a high scoring game for the first half. USC will then make it's patented halftime adjustments, put the clamps down and win comfortably.

Intersectional Rivalry? I don't understand what that means...

As for NU - it was a loss that greatly upset me, because we should have one, and TT knows it. THey were lucky.

However, NU showed a lot to everyone, that they aren't inept. I'm looking forward to Husker future. And bunch of recruits just signed this week, so even better for NU. 4 or 5, I think.

:up:

For Honor said:

It's a rivalry among two schools typically not of the same conference or region of the country. Trojanchick's right, it's the best one, if for no other reason than it's the ONLY one left after the massive push that several independants made to get into conferences about 15 years ago.

Penn St., Florida St., Miami-Fla, sPitt and other, mostly eastern schools were all independant at one time and were free to schedule a variety of teams. Penn State had rivalries with Notre Dame and Alabama. Thankfully, both will be back on the Lions' schedule later this decade.

Another death blow to the intersectional games has been the BCS system and the advent of the conference championship game. Teams are less likely to take on another big game early if they are playing an extra game at the end. ND (indep) and USC(PAC 10) are free from this format.

I'm looking forward to Husker future. And bunch of recruits just signed this week, so even better for NU. 4 or 5, I think.

That would be an infraction of the highest order seeing as how NLOI day isn't until Feb 2006. More likely, a few 17 year olds "told" UN-L they were coming to play for them. Nothing is binding until they sign on the dotted line.

Last edited:
Clark W. Griswold said:

That would be an infraction of the highest order seeing as how NLOI day isn't until Feb 2006. More likely, a few 17 year olds "told" UN-L they were coming to play for them. Nothing is binding until they sign on the dotted line.

Yes, I know. Isn't that common knowledge in the college football world? However, I do admit that I misspoke. No one "signed", they were verbals, like everywhere else.

========

There are a lot of things I don't like about the BSC myself. I like how everything is "nicely bundled" into "regional coverage" :nono: Here in NY, I can see a Florida team at least once, if not twice a week on "regional coverage".

========
Speaking of Notre Dame - any word on them joining a conference? I sort of hope they would stay independent...

Last edited:
For Honor said:

A Rivalry outside of one's conference. The USC-Notre Dame series goes back a long time. It is an incredible experience to attend one of these games.

For Honor said:

Speaking of Notre Dame - any word on them joining a conference? I sort of hope they would stay independent...

Many key people in South Bend wish to remain independant, so I don't ever see it happening until the BCS puts enough financial pressure on the Domers to do so. They already have reduced ND's payout for appearing in a BCS bowl game down to a figure (approx $4.7m) that is in line with what a member of a conference keeps after sharing with their league bretheren.

As it stands now, they are in a constant state of rhetoric with the Big10(11). They appear to be saying that that the Big10 is the only league they would join, and the big10 takes a stance that the only school worthy of being their 12th member is ND. However, negotiations to bring ND into the fold always end with the Irish backing out.

ND is in the BigEast for all other sports, but they would probably be loathe to put their football team into that mess.

Clark W. Griswold said:

ND is in the BigEast for all other sports, but they would probably be loathe to put their football team into that mess.
Before the realignment the Big East would have been a good fit for ND with Miami, VA Tech, the Catholic battle with BC etc.
But not now by any stretch of the imagination.

I think ND likes being an independent. If Weiss works out, they will def stay Ind. However, if this is a one year wonder, they might reconsider for guaranteed bowl money.

In other news, it has been confirmed that Nick Lachey is NOT living with Matt Leinart. You can now all rest easy. This hype is getting a little out of control.

Now we know why Nick lost interest in Jessica

trojanchick99 said:

In other news, it has been confirmed that Nick Lachey is NOT living with Matt Leinart.
They just get together for the occasional late night booty call.:ohmy:

*ahem* I don't mean to interupt, but I'm worried about us talking about what's going to happen on "The O.C."'s next episode......

So besides NU and USC, what else is going on in the college football world. There has to be other fans here. What's the story for Big 10 teams, or the SEC conference?

??

Georgia's doing really well too, ranked 5 with 5-0. even though I live in Atlanta, I mostly follow OSU. They were off to a pretty good start but they lost that game to Texas and now they lost to Penn State, so I guess it's not their season. :wink:

can't wait for USC-Notre Dame this afternoon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom