(11-08-2005) Fan Ready to Dance Again With Bono -- The Mercury News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't care how many times she gets pulled up by Bono. Good for her!! I am happy for her, if it was me i wouldn't feel bad about it one bit. She does a great job at it too. But I do have a problem with waiting in line all day long and then Alli and her friend come along maybe around 4 or 5 and get in the front of the line. Maybe there is some sort of reason, maybe the people around her let them cut in line or something but the people around me were not impressed. That just sort of rubed me the wrong way. But like I said maybe there was a reason for it? :shrug:

Vincent Vega said:
I agree that after four years it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
And after hearing what others said she doesn't seem to be always like that.
But of course nobody should tell anybody else when he is allowed to be in line. And someone who is only able to make it to one concert (e.g. there are people who don't have more money or people who have a job) isn't less a fan than someone who goes to 10 or 15 concerts.

But, really, after four years you should be over that comment. :wink

And thats why I gave her the benefit of the doubt in my original post by saying maybe she was having a bad day or something. It wasnt tongue and cheek, thats for sure. We told her we had too many resposibilities that didnt afford us to take time off. But, that got an "oh..ok", response.

Bottom line, is that I just thought it was trippy that this same girl from four years ago pops up in an article on here. Just thought it was weird (small world kinda thing). But no, the clicque here looks at it as a blatant attack "alert alert, evil outsider poster..stone him!!"

Eh, whatever..no biggie.

Bono's Betty said:
Well I don't care how many times she gets pulled up by Bono. Good for her!! I am happy for her, if it was me i wouldn't feel bad about it one bit. She does a great job at it too. But I do have a problem with waiting in line all day long and then Alli and her friend come along maybe around 4 or 5 and get in the front of the line. Maybe there is some sort of reason, maybe the people around her let them cut in line or something but the people around me were not impressed. That just sort of rubed me the wrong way. But like I said maybe there was a reason for it? :shrug:

Yea, well, that happend to me and my gf at San Jose this tour. It wasn't Ali or anything, but it was the same clique of people as usuall (as I'm sure most of them are on this board as well). I never say anything, because I know the ellipse is big enough and the outside railing is long enough, so whatever. But, it is BS that they get the freedom to do that just because they know the first 30 people in line and get to arrive at 5pm and cut. I got there early enough, so it doesnt really effect me, but its the principle of the matter.

PhoenixGNX said:

Oh yes...everyday for four years its been paining me soooooo much :| (note the sarcasm). What I'm saying is, whenever I think back to that day (and it was THE perfect day) there's that one blimish that comes to mind seeing that it was, in my mind, my first big U2 experience. I had seen U2 live going back to Zoo TV, but San Jose was the first time I was able to lineup early and go through the whole "experience". And that comment bugged me. First impressions mean something, regardless.

Again, it's been on your mind for 4 years...but whatever..:yawn:

Again, it's been on your mind for 4 years...but whatever..:yawn: [/B][/QUOTE]

Give it a rest. Like something hasn't ever stuck with you if it really bugged you at the time. I don't think he/she is hurt and can't get over it. It was just something that bugged that person and stayed with them for a while. I don't think they thought about it for four years.

Bono's Betty said:

Give it a rest. Like something hasn't ever stuck with you if it really bugged you at the time. I don't think he/she is hurt and can't get over it. It was just something that bugged that person and stayed with them for a while. I don't think they thought about it for four years. [/B][/QUOTE]

:madspit:

you give it a rest, stop chiming in on something that has nothing to do with you!

:sad:

What does it have to do with you? I was simply making a comment. I thought this was an open forum?

Last edited:
one4u2 said:

Where have I ever said that its been on my mind everyday for 4 years to the point where I scribble it on paper and practically get into car accidents because I daze off thinking about it??

Again, you've missed my point...but whatever...:yawn:

And yes, I thought this was an open forum as well. But like all cliques, if you dont have something good to say, dont say it at all I guess.

It is indeed an open forum, and I believe there is enough nastiness in this thread to last us for a while, so this additional dose is really unnecessary... :sigh:

It is indeed an open forum, and I believe there is enough nastiness in this thread to last us for a while, so this additional dose directed to Phoenix and Bono's Betty is really unnecessary... :sigh:

"stop chiming in on something that has nothing to do with you"

Is that not what you said? I was just giving my opinion. This is an open forum. My point is that if has nothing to do with me why does it have something to do with you? :scratch: I don't get it.

I guess I just misunderstood when you said "it's been four years...:yawn: " I just thought it was sort of rude.

Not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:
"stop chiming in on something that has nothing to do with you"

Is that not what you said? I was just giving my opinion. This is an open forum. My point is that if has nothing to do with me why does it have something to do with you? :scratch: I don't get it.

:confused: Totally taken out of context....In my conversation with pheonix which had "nothing to do with you" you chimmed in at me and told me to give it a rest.. which was going to be my last statement in this negagtive thread anyway..Of course it's an open forum as we can clearly see here! I wasn't commenting on you making statements in this thread if that makes any sense?

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
It is indeed an open forum, and I believe there is enough nastiness in this thread to last us for a while, so this additional dose directed to Phoenix and Bono's Betty is really unnecessary... :sigh:

:huh:

Bono's Betty said:

I guess I just misunderstood when you said "it's been four years...:yawn: " I just thought it was sort of rude.

Not that big of a deal.

No problem :) There was no tone to that which is why things on this board don't come across properly when we're writing.

Last edited:
just to make sure this thread continues to suck, I feel compelled to respond to one more comment, only because it probably involves me:

Bono's Betty, I was likely the friend with Alli in line (we've been to more shows together than not) but I don't know what city you are talking about. If you let me know I might be able to shed more light on the issue and explain where we were. There has never been any instance of line cutting, I can assure you. Lots of people at shows know us and can probably attest to the fact that we don't show up at 5 and barge into line. If you'd approached us and asked what was going on I'm sure we (and the people around us) could have explained we left to eat or shower.
we always make sure it is ok with the people behind us. Lots of times we spend the night in a car, and when we arrive in the morning we are usually there by 6 a.m.

I know you left room in your comments to suggest maybe there was an alternative explanation, but it still is unfortunate that you guessed the worst and in doing so stirred up more negativity in an already depressing thread. Really, I'm done.

Alli, when you read these threads I hope you take it all with a grain of salt :sad:

ruffian said:
just to make sure this thread continues to suck, I feel compelled to respond to one more comment, only because it probably involves me:

Bono's Betty, I was likely the friend with Alli in line (we've been to more shows together than not) but I don't know what city you are talking about. If you let me know I might be able to shed more light on the issue and explain where we were. There has never been any instance of line cutting, I can assure you. Lots of people at shows know us and can probably attest to the fact that we don't show up at 5 and barge into line. If you'd approached us and asked what was going on I'm sure we (and the people around us) could have explained we left to eat or shower.
we always make sure it is ok with the people behind us. Lots of times we spend the night in a car, and when we arrive in the morning we are usually there by 6 a.m.

I know you left room in your comments to suggest maybe there was an alternative explanation, but it still is unfortunate that you guessed the worst and in doing so stirred up more negativity in an already depressing thread. Really, I'm done.

Alli, when you read these threads I hope you take it all with a grain of salt :sad:

It was for vegas 1, but like I said maybe there was a reason for it. I don't really care but that is just the way it looked. I guess some of us should have asked you guys at the time.

oh, well having said all that, I wasn't there! but i know she slept at the venue the night before.

Nice article Alli! Didnt realize you had danced with Bono that many times..hope you enjoy the Oakland shows!I miss not being there:wink:

this thread sucks , like most u2 fans.. lmmfao. (joking) how many friggin shows do you need to go see, for god sakes . i mean the shows are almost carbon copied compared to the shows pre 92.

BOYO3221 said:
this thread sucks , like most u2 fans.. lmmfao. (joking) how many friggin shows do you need to go see, for god sakes . i mean the shows are almost carbon copied compared to the shows pre 92.

Your one of those fans who:

1.Hates it when their favorite band makes it big

2.Hates it when everyone else starts to like "your band"

3.Always has to claim they heard them first and everything after that is crap.

I think this thread should be closed.

Great for Alli for getting up on stage so much. :) Im pretty jealous though! :D

Oh and as if Alli would decline an invitation to get onstage and tell Bono to pick someone else! Its his show, he brings up who he wants.

ouizy said:
I wish he would just stop pulling women onstage in total and concentrate on the music.

I can tell you 50% or more of the people in the arena (read: the men) could give a shit less that some woman was brought onstage to make her feel special.

You know what - play another song and make me feel special.

LOL, I completely agree. I know it's tradition for the band to interact with fans during shows (duh), but this particular tour gimmick is getting kind of old. (At least, from the perspective of this board). Does it really matter who the lucky girl is that he pulls up every night? Is it worth getting so jealous about? I think it would be hilarious/interesting if he suddenly stopped doing this for the next 10 or so shows. Would there be rioting in the streets or in PLEBA?

No. In the long run, it doesn't matter who the "girl of the moment" is and people shouldn't obsess so much over this small aspect of the show. I honestly don't want to offend anyone, but I seriously think it shouldn't be this big of a deal. :| I mean, just have fun and enjoy yourself! The concert doesn't revolve around whatever girl is pulled up each night.

Last edited:
forty said:

LOL, I completely agree. I know it's tradition for the band to interact with fans during shows (duh), but this particular tour gimmick is getting kind of old. (At least, from the perspective of this board). Does it really matter who the lucky girl is that he pulls up every night? Is it worth getting so jealous about? I think it would be hilarious/interesting if he suddenly stopped doing this for the next 10 or so shows. Would there be rioting in the streets or in PLEBA?

No. In the long run, it doesn't matter who the "girl of the moment" is and people shouldn't obsess so much over this small aspect of the show. I honestly don't want to offend anyone, but I seriously think it shouldn't be this big of a deal. :| I mean, just have fun and enjoy yourself! The concert doesn't revolve around whatever girl is pulled up each night.

I feel the exact way, and hell I was one of them. It was way cuter in the first leg when he was only ocassionally pulling girls. I like the surprise aspect of it. This leg has had soooooooo many girls pulled up, almost nightly, and sometimes 2 per night.... :shrug:

I certainly would not lose any sleep over it stopping and I would still line up early since I do that to ensure an awesome spot period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom