(11-05-2005) Bono gives girl group a boost at concert - WENN*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono gives girl group a boost at concert

U2 gave one lucky Los Angeles group a big boost at their Staples Center concert on Tuesday night - the rockers brought them up onstage for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to land a record deal.

The members of girl group Exit, all huge U2 fans, were spotted in the crowd by frontman Bono, who was amused by their sign - advertising their services as musicians, during the sold-out Los Angeles show. And he chose to invite them onstage.

The four-piece was given the chance to play an entire U2 tune and opted to perform 1980 song Out Of Control, while the Irish group took a break from the show and watched, along with thousands of their fans.

The girls impressed everyone and received a warm reception from their fellow fans for their services, and now it looks like their cheeky bid to get noticed will land them a record deal.

Tim Devine, Columbia Records vice president of A+R was among the music executives in the audience, and he's now working to get Exit signed to his label.

He tells the Los Angeles Times, "I was very impressed with them and want to hear more... They went up there, grabbed the instruments and played with aplomb."

Exit drummer Pam Bluestein says, "It's been unbelievable, it was just magic."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/05112005/364/bono-gives-girl-group-boost-concert.html

Get the complete Los Angeles Times interview here.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really great! :applaud: Have to admit Im insanely jealous though,lol. However Im happy for Exit what a dream come true :). Wonder if Bono will be playing a part in their future as professional musicians.

That article has one of the least flattering photos of Bono I've ever seen. It looks like he just had a frontal lobotomy or something.

BonosBaby12 said:
That's really great! :applaud: Have to admit Im insanely jealous though,lol. However Im happy for Exit what a dream come true :). Wonder if Bono will be playing a part in their future as professional musicians.

Intereresting. I remember going to see one of their shows in 2001 at Rusty's Surf Ranch on the Santa Monica Pier. Eh..they sucked! lol. Apparently they've improved though.

I can tell you right now that these ladies must be over the moon. I am SOOO happy for them. They've been together for at least 4 years (except for the origional lead singer, who quit last year after a previous unsuccesful bid for a record deal flopped--they had got notice before. ). I am on the u2la list where they post often, and they gathered quite a following of thier own, following the band around during the Elevation tour, playing in clubs after each show, at fan events, etc. I've never seen them but have "followed" thjeir adventures on this list for 4 yrs and others have written they are GREAT. Can't wait to read thier personal testimonies....

WOW!!! Way to go gals!!!!!!!! Here's a toast to you, and hoping you become the 2000's equivalent of the Bangles (at least)!

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
I can tell you right now that these ladies must be over the moon. I am SOOO happy for them. They've been together for at least 4 years (except for the origional lead singer, who quit last year after a previous unsuccesful bid for a record deal flopped--they had got notice before. ). I am on the u2la list where they post often, and they gathered quite a following of thier own, following the band around during the Elevation tour, playing in clubs after each show, at fan events, etc. I've never seen them but have "followed" thjeir adventures on this list for 4 yrs and others have written they are GREAT. Can't wait to read thier personal testimonies....

WOW!!! Way to go gals!!!!!!!! Here's a toast to you, and hoping you become the 2000's equivalent of the Bangles (at least)!

Funny thing is, when I saw them back in 2001, it was the singer who I also thought was the weak link. The band, albiet a bit shakey at times, held their own at least. But this singer sounded like she was singing in the shower. So, I sat outside and had a beer so I could only hear the music lol. Interested to hear this new singer.

one of the ladies from Exit will be interviewed on KROQ's popular Kevin and Bean show tomorrow in the 7am hour.

Back
Top Bottom