(03-15-2005) U2 Dress Rehearsal Concert in LA? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Dress Rehearsal Concert in LA?

Chalk this up to "Wow! I so didn't see this coming!" but San Francisco radio station KFOG recently sent this email out to listeners on its mailing list:

U2 Private Rehearsal - Listen and Win

We've got a pair of tickets for a U2 dress rehearsal before their tour opens, Saturday, March 26, LA Sports Arena. Trip for 2 includes airfare, hotel, and passes for this special performance only. Wanna go? Just listen to KFOG this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 4 and 7pm. When you hear a U2 tune, just be caller 9 at 1-800-300-KFOG and you win a U2's new CD and qualify for the grand prize, the trip to LA.

Many thanks to Carol7lynn and AlliDreamsOutLoud!

Last edited:
I have just had a revelation.

This rehearsal on the 26th will be the last rehearsal date before the big show. One day off to move it all to San Diego. U2's stage is currently being built in Vancouver. There was rumour that they were out by the 19th. If this is true, then it all makes sense now. The stage is being taken down and set up in LA by the 21st or so. This gives U2 5-6 nights in a row to prep for the tour. They'll use 4-5 nights for sure. U2 will practice on their new stage close to their opening date. This is exactly the case in Miami for the Elevation Tour. It was the last week when it all came together and we got those setlists.

LA! You lucky bastards!!!!! Quick somebody say that they can get around this arena for this week of 21st-26th.

From U2log.:

Similar contests at: WHJY (Providence), TIC-FM (Hartford), KFOG-FM (S.F.), KMTT-FM (Seattle).

Apparently it is limited to 200 people

TIC FM in Hartford, CT is also holding a contest...

96.5 TIC is your official U2 station! U2's Vertigo//2005 World Tour hits Hartford December 7th and we've got the MOST tickets to giveaway for the BIGGEST concert tour of the year! Listen to 96.5 TIC's Craig & Company weekday mornings at 7:20am for the U2 Montage. Identify all the songs in the montage and win a pair of tickets to see U2 December 7th at the Hartford Civic Center, a new IPod filled with the U2 library and qualify for the grand prize...a trip for 2 to LA to see U2 in their final dress rehearsal before they kick off their World Tour!

So what is up with that?? Are they just flying people over to the alleged rehersal show?..Im an "ANGELINO"..Los Angeles resident
and we have not heard anything about it....hmmm gonna have to hang out at the Sports arena that Saturday!!!..I am going to the opening in San Diego though..I hope it is ture, just in case Im not making any plans that Saturday!

From K-Rock in New York City...

U2 - St. Paddy's Day
Mar 15, 2005 4:35 pm US/Eastern
Starting tomorrow after Howard… Tune in as we play nothing but Ireland’s finest: It’s U2 all day long in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. Plus listen every hour for your chance to fly to L.A. for a private Vertigo 2005 Tour rehearsal. Qualify by winning tickets to one of their sold out NYC shows…

U2 rehearsals

I wouldn't just hang out on the show day- I would be checking in all week. The final dress rehearsal is just that- but expect them there all week doing the same thing. A few years back- also in LA- my friend sat in on several days of rehearsal by another big band- just by walking in the door with crew members and acting like he knew what he was doing.

Boston 98.5 is doing it too....

If you're in Boston on 3/17....
I just received this notice from one of our local radio stations here in Boston. If you're in the city tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day, stop by Quincy Market (aka Faneuil Hall) - here's why:

"Join WBMX - Mix 98.5 this St. Patrick's Day - you could win a trip to see U2 IN L.A.!! Erin O'Malley will be broadcasting live from 9am-2pm from Ned Devine's in Faneuil Hall. Be sure to register to win "One Time You Can See Them On Your Own" a pre-tour full dress rehearsal for the tour kickoff happens March 26th at the L.A. Sports Arena! Be the first in the world to see U2 in concert! (You do not have to be present to win)"

GOOD LUCK!

for what it's worth KBZT San Diego is also running a contest giveaway ... the LA Sports Arena holds about 12,000 so hopefully it'll be more than just 200 people there

Back
Top Bottom