London #1 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Years Day
3. Bad / Heroes (snippet)
4. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
5. Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. With Or Without You
8. Bullet The Blue Sky
9. Running To Stand Still
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
12. Trip Through Your Wires
13. One Tree Hill
14. Exit
15. Mothers of the Disappeared
------encore break------
16. Miss Sarajevo
17. Beautiful Day / Alison (snippet)
18. Elevation
19. Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
------Happy Birthday-----
20. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
21. One
22. The Little Things That Give You Away

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. New Years Day
5. Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
7. With Or Without You
8. Bullet The Blue Sky
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
13. One Tree Hill
14. Exit
------encore break------
16. Miss Sarajevo
18. Elevation
21. One
23. Don't Look Back In Anger (w/ Noel Gallagher)

Periscopers seemed to say U2 disappeared off the stage during that last song, so we'll have to see if it even counts as U2 or not.

I wasn't watching, so I cannot say.

Periscopers seemed to say U2 disappeared off the stage during that last song, so we'll have to see if it even counts as U2 or not.

I wasn't watching, so I cannot say.

All the band were onstage; Looked like Edge played a solo and Bono sang along with the choruses
Not sure if Adam or Larry played on it at all but both were on stage as well

:ohmy: :grumpy: missed the whole damn thing?!?

Do they start earlier?l
Proper timing for tomorrow's slp

No wifi at home so I was waiting for "the wifi :love: bus" to listen and on me way to k-mart, too. But bus took 1 hr to arrive (2 of them along a long route).

Last edited:
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday

2. New Years Day

7. With Or Without You

8. Bullet The Blue Sky

10. Red Hill Mining Town

11. In God's Country

13. One Tree Hill

14. Exit

------encore break------

16. Miss Sarajevo

18. Elevation

21. One

23. Don't Look Back In Anger (w/ Noel Gallagher)

I LOVE that song so much. How did it sound?

giphy.gif

These 3-4 PM EST starts are deadly, might end up missing most of the European setlist parties. Other than that, congrats to Adam!

PRBiker...you're fired :lol:
giphy.gif

Main set was great. One Tree Hill and Exit are worth the price of admission. Encore is junk, though Noel joining the band for Don't Look Back in Anger was cool. Weird how Bono described London as giving the Irish "sanctuary" when it was the city in charge of a colonial regime that ruled Ireland harshly for centuries.

Can't believe I left early and missed Noel for DLBIA. Absolutely gutted! All because the transport in the area is awful. They had queue signs up for the trains saying if you were in this area you'd be waiting for 2hours at least. I managed to get on a train after 40min of waiting. Such a horrible stadium to get to!
Overall I thought it was OK tonight not the best U2 gig I've been to by far. Fell flat in the middle a little and people were driving me mad generally talking loudly during songs and leaving walking around looking bored. I really, really hate hearing Beautiful Day and Vertigo now but that's when other people got excited! Highlights for me were Mothers of The Dissappeared and the JT songs that don't normally get played but these were the songs others looked bored during!

Couldn't believe people started going to the toilet during exit,worth the admission money alone to hear that!
Happened through all of the "obscure" JT songs where I was standing. The place almost cleared out!
To be honest London crowds are some of the worst I've experienced for all bands.

Madness,we were in the seats and people sat down when exit started. Here's me like a child at Christmas,only guy in the whole row standing! Will forgive my girlfriend as she doesn't really know the "deep cuts"! I enjoyed the encore more than I thought I would. Glad they played little things,great song.

I had people around me jumping and going ape shit for Exit That's the main advantage of showing up earlier for standing - you're surrounded by hardcore fans.

Just came back to the hotel. Great night. Seated for the first time in 18 u2 concerts.... 8 year old daughter with me.... haha... and it Will make interferencers go nuts, but she loved the first 5 songs... and then Elevation Vertigo and One.... I must say the both Elevation and Vertigo are great rock songs. For me Exit was the highlight for obvious reasons. And also.... red hill is very weak.... Great night. Next week Roma, no kids and standing ??????

Madness,we were in the seats and people sat down when exit started. Here's me like a child at Christmas,only guy in the whole row standing! Will forgive my girlfriend as she doesn't really know the "deep cuts"! I enjoyed the encore more than I thought I would. Glad they played little things,great song.

Same.... where were u? Me M9

IMO Vertigo, Elevation and BD should have been at the start to get the crowd going, then SBS, NYD and pride - pushing the JT back.

WOWY needs to be played in the dark.

Use of the screen was absolute rubbish.

The GA floor looked liek it was only using 75% capacity - could easily have fitted a few more thousand on it.

Did anyone see the plain clothes police when leaving the concert? I saw a guy with plain shorts and t-shirt and and cap on and a backpack walking around afterwards but he had an earpiece in, the cap was half covering the earpiece. Never seen that at a concert in the UK before and obviously a reaction to Manchester.

Same.... where were u? Me M9
We were M19,don't get me wrong not all people were casual fans but there was a lot of them! I now have 4 of the Joshua tree pint tumblers,and a tour t shirt. So a great night all round!

And to top it off my girlfriend who is a casual fan suggested we try and get tickets for tonight's gig! So that's progress.

Back
Top Bottom