Dallas Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They recovered though. Goddammit they're a powerful band. On paper these songs are so simple, but these guys bring something else to it.

Their cues are really off tonight. On Streets and Still Haven't Found.

So the setlist so far looks like this, yeah?:

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - New Years Day

3 - Bad

4 - Pride

5 - Streets

6 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7 - With or Without You

8 - ACROBAT?!
Jk - it was Bullet.

9 - Running to Stand Still

At least the performances are strong. Honestly, setlist variation usually shits me more, but this is an album specific tour, so they can do what they want. As long as they are all in performance wise

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - New Years Day

3 - Bad

4 - Pride

5 - Streets

7 - With or Without You

8 - ACROBAT?!
Jk - it was Bullet.

10 - Red Hill Mining Town

11 - In God's Country

Incidentally the dudes around the Mixlr broadcaster are fucking into this shit.

Shout out to PRBiker who normally does this chore. Setlist party doesn't look the same without him. Or her.

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - New Years Day

3 - Bad

4 - Pride

5 - Streets

7 - With or Without You

8 - ACROBAT?!
Jk - it was Bullet.

11 - In God's Country

12 - Trip Through Your Wires

Oooh it's lucky I didn't play the Popmart Mexico drinking game or there'd be a fight on. Although the order is like they asked my cat to pick it.

Put up your dukes!

For clarity sake - I was definitely being sarcastic. These 2 tunes are 2 of my favorites.

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - New Years Day

3 - Bad

4 - Pride

5 - Streets

7 - With or Without You

8 - ACROBAT?!
Jk - it was Bullet.

11 - In God's Country

13 - One Tree Hill

14 - Exit

Frankly, I would prefer this U2 to a U2 going through the motions with a bunch of new shit they clearly don't buy into.
Some would say you had that backwards:

I would prefer this U2 to a U2 going through the motions with a bunch of old shit they clearly don't want to be doing.

I might put myself in that category. My perception from 2 shows I saw is that they don't seem as excited as they did to play new stuff. I don't think they're NOT into JT, but this tour feels like going through the motions more than I+E, where it seemed like they were having a lot of fun.

The performances are great (duh, why wouldn't they be? Even if the band wasn't gung-ho about the tour, they'd still rock the shit out of it - they're professionals!), I enjoyed the Seattle show a shit-ton. But it feels different.

I'm not saying that's good or bad, to me it just does.

Some would say you had that backwards:

I would prefer this U2 to a U2 going through the motions with a bunch of old shit they clearly don't want to be doing.

I might put myself in that category. My perception from 2 shows I saw is that they don't seem as excited as they did to play new stuff. I don't think they're NOT into JT, but this tour feels like giloing through the motions more than I+E, where it seemed like they were having a lot of fun.

The performances are great (duh, why wouldn't they be? Even if the band wasn't gung-ho about the tour, they'd still rock the shit out of it - they're professionals!), I enjoyed the Seattle show a shit-ton. But it feels different.

I'm not saying that's good or bad, to me it just does.

Naturally I can't speak to seeing this tour in person, but it seems like they've just gone "Who cares what we play? Let's have fun!"

The egos (and big fucking hats and lemons) seem to be not so fussy given they're in known territory.

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

2 - New Years Day

3 - Bad

4 - Pride

5 - Streets

7 - With or Without You

8 - ACROBAT?!
Jk - it was Bullet.

11 - In God's Country

13 - One Tree Hill

14 - Exit

15 - Mothers of the Disappeared what a great song.

Back
Top Bottom