Red Zone or 3 GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danscu

Babyface
I'm new to these forums. Just wanted to find out the general concensus, based on the relative high price of the Red Zone tickets to GA tickets (approx 3x the price), would people think its preferable to see three different shows (perhaps in different cities) rather than just the one show in the Red Zone?

I appreciate some people can't get the time off to see three shows, but assuming you could then which would you choose?

PS If anyone knows how to make a thread into a poll let me know!

it's a personal preference thing.

odds are the setlists will be very similar in all three shows.

if the money isn't an issue, RedZone is a fantastic way to watch a show. i did it on 360, and the freedom to move around anywhere you want, walk into the venue right at show time and still have a spot within 5 feet of the outer ramp was terrific. so unbelievably stress free and relaxing. and they ahve beer! hooray beer!

with regular GA the only way to get as close to the stage as you can with RedZone is to wait in line all day, and even then good luck leaving to get a beer (if that's your thing).

so it's really up to you - what you're looking for.

end of the day 3 shows will probably end up being more expensive for you, as you're going to have to add travel expenses into the equation as there isn't a single location with 3 gigs.

I'm seeing 2 shows this tour (Houston & Dallas) and am already feeling fatigued about doing 2 shows... (adding Houston was last minute).

I would almost say go all in for Red Zone. I think it'll be a great experience. And I don't know how much there gonna switch the set. Maybe 1-2 songs??

But like most U2 shows you'll want to see them again after the show is over

Depends on your situation and what you value, like has been said above.

Are you married? Single? Are you going alone? Bringing a spouse? Bringing kids?

How do you feel about getting super close and what it takes to get there?

I did multiple shows for 360, and some of them were Red Zone. In Dublin, we had GA and we literally had to arrive at 5:45-6am and still was about 100th in line, and got against the ring in the golden circle. But it wasn't easy, and after the show I was ready to collapse. And hell, we did NOT move from that spot from the moment the doors opened.

I read here all the time people that say "well, I could walk in at 6pm or right before show time and get within the first 5 rows". Sure, you can do that.....if you don't have a family with you, and you're adept at wiggling your way past people who waited all day, and don't give a fuck about the looks they give you.

Most people, to get good golden circle spots in GA during 360 had to wait all day in line, limit their consumption of anything, limit their bathroom breaks, ect ect ect. We did it, but it's exhausting. The pros are awesome viewing position in the pit, and there is some camaraderie in line, plus you never know what you'll hear during soundcheck. Some cite this as all part of the U2 show experience......and it sort of is.

But we did red zone too, and like the above stated, it's easy as pie. You have the great viewing position, with all those extra amenities. Relaxing is a great way to put it....as you can move about freely, never lose a spot.....have a beer, take a piss and never miss a thing.

I've been there and done the waiting in line for 35 years now......now it's time to make my money work for me at U2 gigs, lol.

RZ is absolutely worth it if you value what was mentioned above. My brothers, who are just a couple years younger than me (and not bringing their kids) don't give a crap about getting close, grabbed GA's and plan to tailgate all day, walk in before show time and hang out in the back. They are cool with that.

Only you know what you want to put into it.

Last edited:
I read here all the time people that say "well, I could walk in at 6pm or right before show time and get within the first 5 rows". Sure, you can do that.....if you don't have a family with you, and you're adept at wiggling your way past people who waited all day, and don't give a fuck about the looks they give you.

Most people, to get good golden circle spots in GA during 360 had to wait all day in line, limit their consumption of anything, limit their bathroom breaks, ect ect ect. We did it, but it's exhausting. The pros are awesome viewing position in the pit, and there is some camaraderie in line, plus you never know what you'll hear during soundcheck. Some cite this as all part of the U2 show experience......and it sort of is.

i can assure you that i waltzed into Giants Stadium at 6pm during 360, walked right into the circle, and had a spot against the outer ramp on Adam's side without pushing or wiggling past anyone.

I say pop your RZ cherry. (I did Seattle 360 RZ) It's a massive stadium floor and that alone is enough to warrant a premium spot. This is based on the assumption that you've never been close to the stage of a U2 gig and you can see some significant value in that experience.

Save the 3 GA experience for an arena tour or a tour of a new album with several legs (more than 2) where setlist variation can be maximized. As is, JT2017 is only 32 shows. I wouldn't expect many song changes each night.

PS - I never lined up for Vancouver 360 with a standard GA ticket. I went in at 6pm and entered the circle on Adam's side with ease. So, yes you can get get close and avoid lines.

i can assure you that i waltzed into Giants Stadium at 6pm during 360, walked right into the circle, and had a spot against the outer ramp on Adam's side without pushing or wiggling past anyone.

Then you, Sir, are supremely talented........and probably were by yourself? If you were with people, i'm even more impressed :)

I was at the Giant's Stadium show, but not in GA, so have no clue how that floor looked.

Philly had a long long line, and Dublin, it was every man for himself. Nobody that I saw strolled into the circle at 6pm there, lol (even though Dubliners are noted for not showing up to gigs until the very end).

Another thing to consider, even standing back on the floor for a stadium show you can see everything. The stage is really high compared to arenas. And it looks like the stage comes out a good ways. You should have a great view anywhere on the floor.

For Chicago 1 (360 Tour) we stood in line for about an hr got inside about 20 ft from the outer circle and about 30 minutes waiting & surrounded by people I told my buddy lets get out of here. Way too crowded for me. We stepped back about another 20ft or so and no one was around us the whole show. I could see everything. Even had a Guiness Beer stand right by me :applaud:

Many thanks, been really interesting to see your different views (excuse the pun)!

Then you, Sir, are supremely talented........and probably were by yourself? If you were with people, i'm even more impressed :)

I was at the Giant's Stadium show, but not in GA, so have no clue how that floor looked.

Philly had a long long line, and Dublin, it was every man for himself. Nobody that I saw strolled into the circle at 6pm there, lol (even though Dubliners are noted for not showing up to gigs until the very end).

It's not that hard actually. I walked into Montreal's stadium around 6, got straight into the pit and no probz.

Dublin same story, around 6-7pm, and still plenty of space in the pit. Sure you don't get a railspot, but there's plenty of space until right before the gig. I used that time to walk around, view the show from different angles, walk to the back when the band would come there, etc.

I'm new to these forums. Just wanted to find out the general concensus, based on the relative high price of the Red Zone tickets to GA tickets (approx 3x the price), would people think its preferable to see three different shows (perhaps in different cities) rather than just the one show in the Red Zone?

I think you have to factor in the travel expenses as well for 3 cities.

It's not that hard actually. I walked into Montreal's stadium around 6, got straight into the pit and no probz.

Dublin same story, around 6-7pm, and still plenty of space in the pit. Sure you don't get a railspot, but there's plenty of space until right before the gig. I used that time to walk around, view the show from different angles, walk to the back when the band would come there, etc.
Yea the reason why I showed up at that time was because people were saying here that you could show up at that time... Otherwise I would have either waited in line earlier and/or chilled in the parking lot until Muse started.

Yea the reason why I showed up at that time was because people were saying here that you could show up at that time... Otherwise I would have either waited in line earlier and/or chilled in the parking lot until Muse started.

I actually figured it out in Montreal as we were late, but we figured we might as well try and just walked in the pit seeing it half empty (when the crowd in the back was growing every second!). People probably thought they couldn't enter anymore or something, but yeah, plenty of space there. Some other shows I did it just cause we were tired of travelling and wanted to see the entire lightshow and such for a change. It's kinda hard to see it all when you've got a railspot. :p

I appreciate some people can't get the time off to see three shows, but assuming you could then which would you choose?

PS If anyone knows how to make a thread into a poll let me know!

I say go with the overpriced Red Zone. With GA you get stuck beside stupid mirror ball hat groupies that have waited in line for the entire day, they stink like crap and feel they are entitled to everything because they made the asinine choice to line up for 12 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom