It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this is on venue/U2 .. forcing me to have all 8 people be there with me at once is ridiculous.

If I could xfer tickets, no issue.

When I bought tickets I had never heard of CC entry only, and warning about it didnt come up until after I purchased the tickets. (usually at that point, would give you 3 choices).

I called CL and even in wheelchair she has to go in with us in same doors. No exceptions.

try talking to somebody at the venue box office day of show. tell them that your friend(s) will be later than expected and you wanted to see if you could leave their tickets at Will Call. not sure if it'll work, but if you're nice, it's worth a shot.

try talking to somebody at the venue box office day of show. tell them that your friend(s) will be later than expected and you wanted to see if you could leave their tickets at Will Call. not sure if it'll work, but if you're nice, it's worth a shot.

At a Chicago show in 2015, I saw a young girl in GA go up to the box office with her Dad and she got a physical ticket, which I suspect was more for the souvenir than anything. It might be worth a shot the day of the show, but it might depend on the venue and how flexible they're willing to be (which might be not at all, but you can probably look into it either way).

everybody knows that canadians hate chairs. they prefer moose.

2d06669bd6917f2357277a705ea5a71f.jpg

Yeah being Polite always helps :)

I am always that way with everyone, polite and professional does a ton of good.

What sucks about CC entry is, I have to save 3 spots for my group to go in with me (getting there 4-5 hours after I am, and one of them in a wheelchair)

They would just get in line where/when they arrive, but CC entry is going to force groups to be together.

I can tell you that if I were behind you in line, I'd be livid if 3 people cut in front of me 5 hours after I got there. CC entry does make this difficult, but the alternative is scalpers get all the GAs.

Unfortunately if the venue won't issue paper tix, which is more likely than not, you may have to just wait to get in line until your entire party can make it.

Lottery for inner circle was on Vertigo tour only. Elevation it was first come first serve to get "inside the heart". I believe first 300 folks got in. Lined up for that twice, once in Boston, once in Providence, both times arriving around noon, was like 120 or something in line, not early enough to be leaning on stage front barricade, but easily inside the heart. Met some decent folks and everything was cordial and on the up and up. There wasn't the BS there is now.
I went to the Elevations shows in those cities. Those were the days! I waited all day, but not a ridiculous amount of time and there was no list and people saved people's spots so they could go to the bathroom grab a quick lunch. And people were cool!
Get off my lawn.

I won't camp out overnight for gold circle, but will queue on the day- on the 2010 euro shows I went to we just got there about an hour before the gates opened and got gold circle easily.

Vertigo Tour's random-ness was just fucking lame. Especially since it was to prevent a very, very small handful of people from being upfront for a handful of gigs (because it's not like too many of the most devout really go to more than a half dozen gigs per tour). So plenty of new fans or people with floor tickets for just one show had to get in line for a small chance at getting close to the stage. Highly lame.

Then there was the obscenely high priced merch for the time and the fan club basically being absolutely terrible with the pre-sale, giving people no access to floor tickets and the yearly gift being a godawful keychain. :down:

I'm old and tired :lol: I have GA and will walk in when I feel like it and thoroughly enjoy myself. :up:

Eh, the old chestnut about "no job, no life" thing is lame. People work and save their vacation time to go from show to show every few years. Who cares what someone does with their money or vacation time?

And for as silly as I think it is, a lot of them have a blast in line with their friends, so whatever floats your boat, as long as you're not being a shady dick about it and starting lines before you're in the city, or being entitled about "your" spot, or that sort of bullshit.
Well said.

I'm 45 now and have been doing overnight and all day lines since March 1992 when Zoo TV tickets went on sale at RFK Stadium.

I've done between 10 and 30 hours in line for every tour since. I've always had a blast in the line. So fun to meet fans from all over the world and share stories.

In the O2 (London) for i+e, I met some guys who were sharing pics from previous tours and I pointed out that I was in one of their pictures from the Vertigo tour line.. Hilarious!

I'm looking forward to the line again... The buzz of being up close and personal is indescribable.

Oh, and I own 2 businesses and have twin 5 year old boys... So not quite in the no job no life category.. LOL.

RFK in 92

Well said.

I'm 45 now and have been doing overnight and all day lines since March 1992 when Zoo TV tickets went on sale at RFK Stadium.

I've done between 10 and 30 hours in line for every tour since. I've always had a blast in the line. So fun to meet fans from all over the world and share stories.

In the O2 (London) for i+e, I met some guys who were sharing pics from previous tours and I pointed out that I was in one of their pictures from the Vertigo tour line.. Hilarious!

I'm looking forward to the line again... The buzz of being up close and personal is indescribable.

Oh, and I own 2 businesses and have twin 5 year old boys... So not quite in the no job no life category.. LOL.
Hey, -I spent the night outside At RFK for that show too. I wonder if we met. Have done GA for every show since ELEVATION, but didn't like the layout for this one - nothing to keep people from crushing up against the stage. I hate stadium shows and at 64, decided to go for seats this time. But will miss the thrill of being up close.

I slept outside MSG for Vertigo when I was young and stupid.
And could only afford tickets to one show.
And had already been screwed out of GA at one of the post 9/11 NJ shows on the previous tour due to TM crashing.
Was #1 in the line. Guess I beat the regulars to the punch. And thaaaaat was/is most likely the last time I spend all night and day lining up in GA. :crack:

Similar thing happened to me with a friend from the I&E shows! He had a picture of me and some other people I knew from a 360 line before we knew each other pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom