U2 is at the atU2 party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no excitement allowed when it comes to U2 tribute bands who get to share the stage with their musical idols. They must conduct themselves professionally and with decorum at all times. :tsk:

Just getting caught up and read Headache's post. Amazing story. Amazing night. Amazing band. Extremely happy for you, Headache. :love: :applaud: #loveu2

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Who ever floated the idea of bonus material for the DVD is right on the mark! This tour is fucking unbelievable for all the surprises, connections with fans and special moments!
Bonus DVD montage opens with Edge falling off stage (lol)- continues with all the guest players, dancers and mobs onstage, bar gigs (LA/NYC), celebs onstage and off, but closes with shots of Joe Fan with utter joy on their faces- that's what this tour is about: the fans! Its beyond words.....

Who ever floated the idea of bonus material for the DVD is right on the mark! This tour is fucking unbelievable for all the surprises, connections with fans and special moments!
Bonus DVD montage opens with Edge falling off stage (lol)- continues with all the guest players, dancers and mobs onstage, bar gigs (LA/NYC), celebs onstage and off, but closes with shots of Joe Fan with utter joy on their faces- that's what this tour is about: the fans! Its beyond words.....

well said!

Great story Headache. What an experience that must have been for you and UF. I sincerely hope U2 returns the favor and lets UF crash their show. It would be all kinds of fun.

I've seen UF multiple times although not recently and for those who have not experienced them, These guys take it to another level. As good as other tribute bands are, they don't even come close.

what a memory to last a lifetime for you guys.

My husband and I were freaking out last night while living vicariously through this thread. And the story? Amazing, headache! So excited for all of you. :)

So I got to the cutting room later than I wanted because a meeting at work ran late. Band was already soundchecking, and I started to set up my laptop next to the stage. I'm their Willie Williams, so to speak. The cutting room is on a wireless system for their video, which normally has worked great... but during sound check it was going in and out. I told their a/v guy that maybe the WiFi needs to be reset, and he told me everything was fine it'll hook up once you leave it on for a while.

Anyhoo... Show starts, and not even half way through the first song and the video goes out. I'm going nuts trying to fix it, waving to the a/v guy who's on the balcony, texting with our own sound guy who's also there and failing to get the screen to work... all the whole Amp is texting me calling me an asshole for fucking up the screen. Good times, good times.

As the third song, I Will Follow, starts... Gabe, Mr GVox for the uninitiated, taps me on the shoulder and says "you're going to want to talk to this person" and points to a woman next to him.

She comes to me and says "hi, I work for U2, and Dallas Schoo is coming to the show tonight and wants to play Streets with the band. Do you think that would be okay with them?"

I tell her "I can't speak for the band, but I WILL speak for the band, and yes... that would be absolutely OK. Just let me tell them.". She says great and steps away.

I'm waiting in the side of the stage for the song to end, and I get tapped again on the shoulder. It's the same woman. She says " Dallas is here now, can you play Streets next? "

At this point I walk onto the stage and over to George, the drummer, and try to tell him. He can barely hear me and pretty much thinks I'm telling him something is wrong with my shoes.

I then get Mick's attention (guitar) and tell he leans in to me while playing so that he can hear me. He lights up and says absolutely.

I go back to side stage and Dallas is walking over. I shake his hand and start talking to him. He shows me the specs for the guitar for Streets. I tell him yes, not knowing what the fuck he was actually asking for cause I don't know shit about guitars.

The song ends and I walk back on stage to tell Tony, who looks over and sees Dallas. I walk back over to side stage as Tony is announcing a special guest, and announces Dallas. The crowd goes nuts and Dallas walks onstage. I start talking to Craig (bass) as Dallas takes Mick's guitar. As we're talking I hear the crowd go to another fucking level... Absolutely ape shit. I have no idea why. I turn around and Adam Clayton is walking past me. I then look out on the stage and see that The Edge is already on stage hugging Mick.

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

They so Streets,I'm hugging it out with Craig for the entire song, between trying to video the moment. Completely forgot about the broken sceen.

Song ends and they take pictures with UF in front of the crowd. Crowd starts chanting the loudest "one more song" I've ever heard.

Edge turns to Tony and says "Out of Control?". Of course he says yes... even though they already played it two songs earlier before Edge and Adam walked in.

Edge grabs Mick's explorer because that's what Edge uses for the song, but Mick had it tuned differently. So Adam's bass was out of tune. Craig and I switch out the bass to the right one and they go off into Out Of Control. And during the bridge of Out Of Control, Tony can say " on the bass, Adam Clayton..." and "...THIS IS THE EDGE!"... and it actually fucking was.

Adam and Edge left after Out Of Control, and UF played Electric Co. Then they had to stop the first set because it was too fucking emotional. Had to go downstairs to the green room and take it all in. And yes, during the break the guy reset the fucking WiFi so that the screens would work again.

I am still overwhelmed by the entire thing. Unfuckingreal.
Awesome. Congrats.
Anyhoo... Show starts, and not even half way through the first song and the video goes out. I'm going nuts trying to fix it, waving to the a/v guy who's on the balcony, texting with our own sound guy who's also there and failing to get the screen to work... all the whole Amp is texting me calling me an asshole for fucking up the screen. Good times, good times.
This guy seems really chill. Glad he keeps getting to hang out on stage. What a guy.

Sounds like one of my friends. In fact, he just called me a slutbag a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How freaking awesome! :love:

They've gone from letting a cover band play on stage to becoming a cover band. :heart:

Really? I can put up with almost all your nonsense, but that was a jackweed dickbag kinda thing to even say. Do you play an instrument?

yes, why?

I was only interested what is the reason behind why he plays it in that weird way. I thought Headache would know, since he is their crew.

Last edited:
he's like the duracell bunny - he never ever fucking stops :crack:

It's not a crime, but it is a silly question for dozens of reasons.

Aaaah, I forgot, it´s a crime to ask a question :crack:

I'm starting to believe you honestly have no freakin clue how your words are perceived by people, so I'll give it one last try.

This topic is mainly people being enthusiastic because a freaking coverband got surprised by Adam and Edge and got to play with them. Exciting isn't it? Probably the best moment of their lives. Yeah yeah, except childbirth and marriage but we all know that crap. :wink:

But anyway, everybody here is really, really happy for these guys as this is an amazing event that they will never forget.

Aaaaand there you go complain about the drummer playing Streets not correctly.

People fall over that because it's completely irrelevant! They're a cover band, they are bound to play things differently but we are NOT talking about their music in this topic. We're talking about how fucking awesome it is that Adam and Edge decided to randomly show up to a coverband performance and JOINED THEM ON STAGE.

So your negative nancy comment is raining on the parade, not following the rest of the thread and that is why people fall over it. Not because you are not allowed to ask questions (though tempting idea that is), but because you're being a jerk in an otherwise very happy topic. I'll leave in the middle whether or not it is intentional, but at least now you can be aware of it. Context is important.

And to answer your question, funnily enough this is the original drum pattern for Streets. It's a bit off by a couple beats, but it's what Larry plays on the album. Just with a different sounding snare.

Back
Top Bottom