Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More fun on the FB page again now! today's rant concerns Box office/ cancellation line..:wink:
Everyone on that page has been so helpful and "one" ...until these last few shows in NYC...and now it is ruthless!

You know what to do. :shifty:

And Cobl, that Jeff Reinhart guy is one of them . Saw a tweet of his yesterday getting excited about meeting Sil and Vid...

That Reinhart guy told a friend of mine on Twitter (who has been going to see U2 since FOREVER, in fact she's actually visible in the crowd during Rattle & Hum and has seen them over 60x) that he was "a bigger fan than she'll ever be".

The reason? Because she suggested he quit constantly complaining about crowds at concerts he wasn't at (ie Phoenix) - he then put HER in her place by stating that he's 'listened to all the bootlegs so he KNOWS'.

He's definitely one of these fan-contest arseholes, and seems to have firmly inserted himself up many a line nazi psychos arse this tour. Because you know, they are bigger fans than all of us.... :sad::sad::sad:

Oh, and Brad Dier is an ass too. He keeps changing his name on FB because... well... I wonder why?!

Sometimes it's Bob, sometimes it's "Dad Brier".

And, because he enjoyed being a bigger fan than everyone a few years ago (and now wears a lot of hats and dark sunglasses lest someone call him out, as well as refusing to give his last name in a recent interview in Chicago) here's who he is so you can say hello. :D

Dier-hard fan - News from the GA Line

Also, sadly read the comment below from "U2isABLE" talking about "it was the same 14 people at the front of the line -most of them leaving before the show ended (leaving EARLY after camping out that long to see the show) just to be at the front of the line for the next night. Now, tell me how that’s fair?" Brad would have been one of them, and still IS.

I am going to find this part as soon as I get home too...

"….in the U2 Show book, McGuinness is quoted for four paragraphs about how the band did *not* want to see the same people in the front row night after night, showing disappointment in the way fans handled the GA lines."

Well, not only have they stopped caring about that, they REWARD them by bringing them on stage multiple times now! I don't know why the rest of us bother....

Last edited:
I heard he got hit in the eye with a foul ball. His retina is/was detached and he had/needs surgery. The sunglasses might have something to do with it. Poor guy. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. :sad:

And Deena(ontheroadwithu2) is insane.

8967A389-C957-4317-B48A-FBC4BFAA24C0_zpse0tk8ww6.png

Every breath you take, every move you make..... :whistle:

Last edited:
I have been reading that FB page a lot... They keep talking about some list in the cancellation line. Is this list created by fans or the venue?
I also Have tried to figure it out and from what I can gather it is 2 different things...box office line and cancellation "pens"? and I believe it is MSG staff that have the list...but..I also could be completely wrong. It is just how I have understood it from all I have read

Well, not only have they stopped caring about that, they REWARD them by bringing them on stage multiple times now! I don't know why the rest of us bother....

Because most of "the rest of us" don't give a shit about who's on stage? ;)

I mean, regardless of whether or not they're tired of seeing the same faces, he obviously likes the people he brings up multiple times - probably just because he knows they know how to act. Bono could easily be like "Eh, Amp's been up a bunch, I'll pick someone else." The only one to blame for that is Bono.

I saw a suggestion elsewhere (FB? here? don't remember) that maybe the reason that RZ gets in early, or is staggered entry with GA is that it's a way to get some new faces in the primo spots? I'd buy that.

But yeah, blah blah blah, line BS, "bigger fan than you" BS, soooooo over it. (Almost over bitching about it, too. I may have reached Maximum Fan Bitchiness Capacity. :wink: )

So as to this "wahhhhh he's rewarding the same people who form these stupid lines by bringing them up on stage all the time" thing, which let's face it, is directed at Amp...

I'd be happy to shoot holes all up on that theory.

The shows before he got pulled up on stage, he was seated at a bar at 7:30pm with me and a few other people, mostly members and/or friends of Unforgettable Fire.

Same with the show before that.

He was not camping out, or on some magic list. He made zero effort. He just went and enjoyed himself, in between volleys of punched in the face bring lobbed from this direction.

He goes and waits a little longer last night, and Bono pulls him up. The fuck do you want him to do, say no?

It's not anyone's problem other than Bono's who he pulls up. If he wants the same person up multiple times, so be it.

If you actually have a problem with this because you want it to be you instead, well frankly that speaks more to your own issues than it does anyone else's.

I don't disagree with any of this, Headache.

I have met him for 1/2 a minute so I have no opinion of him whatsoever and cannot speak to how he is and what he does or doesn't.

However, a lot of the complaints I saw yesterday referred to unsportsmanlike behavior and then related annoyance that such behavior is "rewarded". That same complaint has been lobbed against other repeat "offenders". I have some opinions and first hand accounts as to one person in particular but I tend to keep those to myself or PMs. :wink:

But yes, at the end of the day, if someone is looking to place blame, it falls straight on Bono's shoulders. :shrug:

Also, I do enjoy a good :popcorn: thread and share the good reads here sometimes, but I very rarely get involved because I do not enjoy beating dead horses or banging my head repeatedly against walls.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't disagree with any of this, Headache.

I have met him for 1/2 a minute so I have no opinion of him whatsoever and cannot speak to how he is and what he does or doesn't.

However, a lot of the complaints I saw yesterday referred to unsportsmanlike behavior and then related annoyance that such behavior is "rewarded". That same complaint has been lobbed against other repeat "offenders". I have some opinions and first hand accounts as to one person in particular but I tend to keep those to myself or PMs. :wink:

But yes, at the end of the day, if someone is looking to place blame, it falls straight on Bono's shoulders. :shrug:

Also, I do enjoy a good :popcorn: thread and share the good reads here sometimes, but I very rarely get involved because I do not enjoy beating dead horses or banging my head repeatedly against walls.

Miro can I put in a reservation for next years supposed stadium tour right now? I want to be #1 in the line for night #1 at MetLife Stadium???

Well, let me see here... While no one else has asked to be placed on that list yet, I have got to assume that some of my close friends will want to go there. So spots 1-5 are on hold just in case. You can be number 6. Good news is that you might end up with a better number if none of my friends are going to the show. Alternatively, you could end up with number 11 if all 5 of my fiends and their plus ones make reservations. But 11 is the worst possible number you can be. I am a hard ass and limit it to plus ones only.

:wink:

Ok... I will be ready for 12 (I don't even want to say 11) but hope for 6? Is that well played?

Ok... I will be ready for 12 (I don't even want to say 11) but hope for 6? Is that well played?

Perfect!! Thank you for understanding that your fandom is less deserving than that of other people that have been to more shows than you or than that of my friends. :heart:

If you actually have a problem with this because you want it to be you instead, well frankly that speaks more to your own issues than it does anyone else's.

I've never been close enough to even think about that, nor did I want to be. I've been to 6 shows and in GA during 5 of them, and every single one I stood back against the boards and showed up at 7:30 or later as it's a better view overall of the whole show than being rammed up against the catwalk as many people have mentioned.

It has to do with the way that people gun this GA line to get up there so they are right on the rail right in the spot Bono expects them to be in or pulls people from, Miro is right, that's why I'm saying it. It's pretty sad that this has become this big "schtick" now and is getting even more ridiculous when the same people are up there, I'm wondering why Bono just doesn't hire actors now, fuck it.

Headache, I have agreed with you through all of this, you seem to have a lot to say about these line nazis and people who put themselves on top of these lists and how stupid they are, but seem to forgive that Amp has done that each and every time he HAS been up on stage. I don't know why you're bringing up the times he wasn't. Every show he got up there for, he was up in the top 15 of that fucking 'list' we all love to hate. He hardly walked in at 8pm on those nights, and if he did, he must have pushed his way to the front which is even more douchey.

Last edited:
ultimately it is the band's decision who the ask to join them on the stage..
I kinda wish they would just play the songs and stop asking people up..and maybe some of this craziness would stop. At the 1st few shows it was nice because no one knew what was going to happen or where if anywhere you needed to be to get up on stage. Now, the end of the US run, everyone knows exactly where they need to be to get even a chance to get up..and that is where the ruthlessness has gotten out of hand...in these later shows...

I've never been close enough to even think about that, nor did I want to be. I've been to 6 shows and in GA during 5 of them, and every single one I stood back against the boards as it's a better view overall of the whole show than being rammed up against the catwalk as many people have mentioned.

It has to do with the way that people gun this GA line to get up there so they are right on the rail right in the spot Bono expects them to be in or pulls people from, Miro is right, that's why I'm saying it. It's pretty sad that this has become this big "schtick" now and is getting even more ridiculous when the same people are up there, I'm wondering why Bono just doesn't hire actors now, fuck it.

Headache, I have agreed with you through all of this, you seem to have a lot to say about these line nazis and people who put themselves on top of these lists and how stupid they are, but seem to forgive that Amp has done that each and every time he's been up on stage. Every show he got up there for, he was up in the top 15 of that fucking 'list' we all love to hate. He hardly walked in at 8pm on those nights, and if he did, he must have pushed his way to the front which is even more douchey.

I've called him out, to his face, the ridiculousness and ludicrous nature of the entire "I put my name on the list but I don't have to show up" thing.

His answer was that he knows and agrees, but if nobody actually enforces a real sit your ass down line, why would he sit his ass down all day?

I can't really argue with that.

The issue is with the lists themselves. I can't fault people who are not involved with the creating and enforcing of the lists for taking advantage of them.

The fault lays 100% on the band and Live Nation. No one else.

As someone who has been up there as a double offender, I mostly agree with Daddysgonnapay. I know, I know, easy enough for me to say. I don't think a wholesale ban on pulling people up is necessary. After all, this has been part of a U2 show for a loooooong time. But it is the predictability at this point of where he will pull people from every single night that makes people go absolutely nuts. As I recall, for Vertigo it was not an every night thing. I didn't pay too close attention to 360 cause life was hectic, but the pull ups were infrequent, right?

For my 4 shows this tour, I actively avoided the rail at e stage because I didn't want to deal with the nuttiness and to a much lesser extent, and as stupid as I realize this sounds now, I didn't want to be accused of trying to go up again. I mean, I didn't really line up, so I didn't have a shot at the rail on e stage really, but obviously I could have lined up or easily taken a second row spot but other people's high stress didn't seem worth it.

I've called him out, to his face, the ridiculousness and ludicrous nature of the entire "I put my name on the list but I don't have to show up" thing.

His answer was that he knows and agrees, but if nobody actually enforces a real sit your ass down line, why would he sit his ass down all day?

I can't really argue with that.

The issue is with the lists themselves. I can't fault people who are not involved with the creating and enforcing of the lists for taking advantage of them.

The fault lays 100% on the band and Live Nation. No one else.

Fair enough. Good to hear that you've told him it was stupid at least - haha. But that's why he's getting some backlash about being up on stage, because he's one of the people who does it, and people know it. Playing the game doesn't make you immune from criticism just because you didn't invent the game. I *WISH* U2 would do something about it - I think what's really sticking in our teeth is that not only that they HAVEN'T, it's that they are actually bringing people who had to be on that list to get the spots they were in to get up there in the first place.

Has anyone with Red Zone tickets been up on stage yet? I mean, if they really ARE taking ALL of the good GA spots, you'd think they would have been by now.... :D

Actually to me the solution is to let the RZ people in first. They pay a premium so why not be on the rail. Chances are there'd be different faces up front because few can afford RZ every concert.

These same few people who are hogging the rail every show can pay the premium for the privilege or take advantage of a cheap GA tix and be in the second row. Then we can get rid of the stupid line bs all together, at least for this tour and stage setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom