Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK, Edge & Adam get to see exactly the same people around the e-stage tonight and tomorrow too... sometimes don't you think they wonder?

I don't know much about Larry Mullen but I bet he knew exactly what those two were getting themselves into and stayed the fuck away. :lol: no point seeing the same crazed fans all the time.

Here is an excellent excerpt from that 'other' board - with the impact this has on good people who want to do their time in line. THIS is who I get pissed off for.

I had GA tickets for NYC3 on July 22. We arrived from out of town on July 21st because we knew we would have to line up early the next morning. When we got off the train about 3 in the afternoon there was already a line started for the Wednesday night show. There was a group of about 4-5 women, a man and a young boy sitting in front of the GA entrance.

Later in the day I stopped by to ask them when they had gotten there and they said they had been started at 7AM. I told them I had GA tickets for the next night (the same show they were lining up for more than 24 hrs in advance) and if they thought arriving at 10-11 AM to get in line would be reasonable. What really gets me is I was never offered a number by them. They did not volunteer any information about how the GA line works (cause God knows it doesn't work like any other band).

The next morning we got in line at 830 AM and were numbers 97 and 98. The group that had been there the morning before were no longer there. In fact they were no where to be found until about 5PM when we were told to take anything we wanted to keep back to our cars, hotels etc.

I often wonder what these people do for a living.

I mean I know Amp is a doctor and this can set his own schedule... but some of these fans who go to every show in every city... the fuck do they do where they have the time and resources to accomplish this?

I've actually met a lot of teachers who can do this shit because they have the summer off, but I agree - I also often hear about some people who are literally on their last dime too, which makes it an actual addiction they should be seeking help for...

I often wonder what these people do for a living.

I mean I know Amp is a doctor and this can set his own schedule... but some of these fans who go to every show in every city... the fuck do they do where they have the time and resources to accomplish this?

I had a conversation with someone in Chicago about this sort of thing, and she said that she met a woman who swore that she took a second mortgage just to follow them on tour.

And I thought having just one mortgage was tough enough... :huh:

Here is an excellent excerpt from that 'other' board - with the impact this has on good people who want to do their time in line. THIS is who I get pissed off for.

What drives me crazy is, wouldn't they want others to sign on and agree to the system and have wide ranging support? Why not offer them the numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh, I would love to be there when the people at the show come out and see this waiting for them.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438311007.392536.jpg

Streets is ending right now, so I expect some are headed that way right about now.

But did these people start an Official Line?

Because someone inside probably already has the line started, and they will not stand for such anarchy when they get outside to find this second, illegal line!

It is going to be a fight for supremacy West Side Story style. But smellier and damper.

About 50 people there as of 5 minutes ago. Check in at 11:30, 7:30 and who knows what after that.

But did these people start an Official Line?

Because someone inside probably already has the line started, and they will not stand for such anarchy when they get outside to find this second, illegal line!

Oh my. Should I grab popcorn?
Or a microphone. Hmmm.

Wow that is insane. Is GA even really worth that? I was 15 rows back "rear stage" for $85 and it was fantastic, everyone was standing most of the show, jumping around, singing. Kinda cool to see the show from the point of view of the band. Was off to the corner a bit more so I could see the screen. Had a side view of Larry which was interesting since you usually only see the top of him, makes you appreciate his skill even more! They turned around a good amount too. Also got to see some of what goes on behind/under the stage.

And I'm not sure how GA works with going into the arena, but when I went to my seats last week around 7:15, there were plenty of good spots on the GA floor. Not against the rails, but still good.

I can't imagine the drops/cancellation line tomorrow. Maybe I won't go after all, is it worth it to bother? I should be grateful I saw one show from tickets I got in the general sale in Dec considering how fast everything sold out. Had such a good time though a 2nd would be fun from anywhere in the arena. Pretty confident they'll be back in 2016 though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom