Istanbul Setlist Party # 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry interferencers but I have been out of the "blue crack" :D for a long long long while but has Mercy ever been released before? If so, where?

Just want to say a big hi to Rosa here... its been a long while but Ive been off sick for the last 5 and half months - good news, I am ok but a long way from complete recovery though. Been following the news here about this year's shows - imo I think this year's shows are far better than last year's! And this.... this unlikely appearance of MOTD and Mercy.. unbelievable... are we in for more surprises on this tour? Hell, yeah, why not?! Shame I only saw them once last year in Zagreb with my gf but that was an awesome show.. still hoping for better news for myself healthwise and hoping to see U2 again next year here in UK (inc, Glastonbury in 2011!) or in ireland, who knows?

cheers

dougal55

probably Pride

No way. Imagine how pissed you'd be, U2 finally plays your city and you finally get to see them...and they ditch Pride for some demo nobody's heard of? Yeah, all of us NOT at the gig will love it, and eat up the bootleg if there is one, but what a disappointment for 90% of the fans at the gig.

Sorry interferencers but I have been out of the "blue crack" :D for a long long long while but has Mercy ever been released before? If so, where?

Nope, it's never been released, but it leaked out around the release of Atomic Bomb.

Just want to say a big hi to Rosa here... its been a long while but Ive been off sick for the last 5 and half months - good news, I am ok but a long way from complete recovery though. Been following the news here about this year's shows - imo I think this year's shows are far better than last year's! And this.... this unlikely appearance of MOTD and Mercy.. unbelievable... are we in for more surprises on this tour? Hell, yeah, why not?! Shame I only saw them once last year in Zagreb with my gf but that was an awesome show.. still hoping for better news for myself healthwise and hoping to see U2 again next year here in UK (inc, Glastonbury in 2011!) or in ireland, who knows?

cheers

dougal55

Glad to hear you're doing better and best wishes for your continued recovery!

No way. Imagine how pissed you'd be, U2 finally plays your city and you finally get to see them...and they ditch Pride for some demo nobody's heard of? Yeah, all of us NOT at the gig will love it, and eat up the bootleg if there is one, but what a disappointment for 90% of the fans at the gig.

you know that is fine and all, but I read some Russians review of their show and a few of them wanted to hear some newer songs that had been played, (I think the posters brought up both NS and Glasto) so I don't think they would be pissed, I was just being real about which song they would maybe take out? which do you think they would take out if they played it? U2 sacrifices songs instead of just adding them.

cheers

dougal55

:wave: Good to see you back!! Sorry to hear you been ill. Hope you're feeling better!!!

I bet MOTD replaces Miss Sarajevo and Mercy is played after Still Haven't Found.

Fan reviews aren't representative of a concert audience at all. Since the majority of people going to the show won't know anything about previous setlists I doubt very much that they would realize which song the band would drop for adding a new song. On the other hand I can totally see u2 playing a standard setlist tonight again, maybe with the addition of one new song. If so I'd say they'll drop Pride. They won't drop Walk On, it's such an important part of the show and closely linked to the whole Burma message. MOTD has a totally different meaning. Personally, I'd love for U2 to play more new and rare songs at the next shows I'm going to because I'd love to hear some of this stuff personally. Whatever they decide to play in Istanbul tonight is fine for me.

you know that is fine and all, but I read some Russians review of their show and a few of them wanted to hear some newer songs that had been played, (I think the posters brought up both NS and Glasto) so I don't think they would be pissed, I was just being real about which song they would maybe take out? which do you think they would take out if they played it? U2 sacrifices songs instead of just adding them.

lol. in russia. commenters bitch about the setlist too.

I think I'm the only one that approves the resurrection of Pride after it's floppy performances in the 2009 legs. :reject: Though I would be sad for the first-timer countries if they didn't get it.

That video of MOTD sounds lovely, hoping we see it in the setlist. If so...:hyper: :applaud:

I love this picture. From U2.com today:

28tl36o.jpg

Maybe i'm out of the track, but playing MOTD could be U2's tribute for the trapped minors in Chile.

at 1:04 he says "ladies and gentlemen, and special guests". sounds like he's working on some kind of speech during the song.

Oh I understand, I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything. But now that you mention it it will probably be around that part of the gig, after ISHF, where they've been slipping the new songs in. I was brainfarting a bit and thinking of Pride later in the gig, in the SBS spot where it showed up once etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom