September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is more than parking at the stadium. The parking lots (even across the street) were full by 4pm, so everyone charged more

SMB

Hey Lisa, the "station info" thing for the Peter Pan buses might be misleading--I just looked again and the Foxboro "station" says "Foxboro Beer and Wine", so...it might be that those "hours" (8am-9pm and closed on Sundays) might just be for a stupid liquor store, not a bus stop/station. Wtf. I e-mailed them to ask, but I'd say call 'em and don't give up yet. I mean, those sound a lot like liquor store hours, don't they? At least like one here in MN, where they have those old-time-y laws about not selling booze on Sundays, haha.

Billy Joel and Elton John concert all the extra lots within a mile of the stadium were 50 plus dollars

SMB

Woah! thats crazy! was this on the north side of route 1? I went to the Billy Joel and Elton John show too, and we parked in a lot a little more than 1/2 a mile away on the south side of route 1 (the lot was on the same side as Gillette) and we paid $30, which I thought was pretty decent. It was labeled the "Last $30 lot" but I thought all the ones after that said they were $40, maybe the $50s were on the other side though, cuz its easier to get out to 495? We did have to cross traffic but fortunately other cars were doing the same so we were able to carefully cross to the other side. Who in their right mind would charge MORE than regular Pats parking...what a rip-off (and I definitely did see a $20 lot but it might have been on the side street, Pine Street, which is probably between 1 and 1 1/2 miles away.

Edit: That makes sense about overcharging when the lots are full, but strange cuz I don't think we were there before 4pm...hm I think we got there around 6pm maybe? But then definitely everyone try to get there as early as possible; parking will fill up mega fast since this is Gillete Stadium's biggest show yet!

any word yet on where GA ticket holders will be able to enter the building? i've never been to gillette and would hate to piss away time looking for the right entrance to the field :reject:

We came off 95, but were forced to take 495 back home cause of the traffic flow. Great concert thought! Loved it when Billy played Dirty Water in the middle of River of Dreams

SMB

Hey,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up earlier, but does anyone happen to know whether there will be special commuter rail service to Foxboro for the show? There is a station next to Foxboro, but the mbta website says "Special Events only". Has anyone taken the commuter rail to Foxboro before? What time does it start running the day of concert?

Thanks!

Hey Lisa, the "station info" thing for the Peter Pan buses might be misleading--I just looked again and the Foxboro "station" says "Foxboro Beer and Wine", so...it might be that those "hours" (8am-9pm and closed on Sundays) might just be for a stupid liquor store, not a bus stop/station. Wtf. I e-mailed them to ask, but I'd say call 'em and don't give up yet. I mean, those sound a lot like liquor store hours, don't they? At least like one here in MN, where they have those old-time-y laws about not selling booze on Sundays, haha.

Phew. OK, I think there is service on Sunday since it's on the schedule...one less obstacle! I'll call to make sure. Thanks.

Hey,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up earlier, but does anyone happen to know whether there will be special commuter rail service to Foxboro for the show? There is a station next to Foxboro, but the mbta website says "Special Events only". Has anyone taken the commuter rail to Foxboro before? What time does it start running the day of concert?

Thanks!

"Special Events Only" in the MBTA world means when the Patriots pay for it.

It was part of the approval process for the new stadium that the Patriots had to pay for the train service. concerts were not part of the deal so of course the Patriots/Krafts dont pay for it other than game days. The Patriots pay for the service, the MBTA keeps the ticket money.

you'd think the MBTA would step in for concerts, but thats expecting a little too much from a government agency in MA.

any word yet on where GA ticket holders will be able to enter the building? i've never been to gillette and would hate to piss away time looking for the right entrance to the field :reject:
GA line up, from all accounts/rumors that Ive read here will be near the ticket office. which makes sense since its located next to the bridge that provides direct access to the field level from outside the stadium.

here's a map of the grounds:
Patriot Place - Shop. Dine. Enjoy. - There is something for everyone at Patriot Place

Conveniently, my company scheduled me to travel from Memphis to Connecticut next Sunday for the whole week. And conveniently, I had enough frequent flyer miles to get my wife up there as well. SO... I conveniently picked up tix on StubHub today for the 9/21 show in Foxboro. So excited -- this will be our 2nd U2 show (after seeing Vertigo in San Diego)! I'll need to leave work a bit early on Monday to make the 2 (plus traffic?) hour drive to Gillette, but I know it's going to be worth it. Seats are way up in Sec. 311 Row 9, but no matter -- it seems that the show is amazing no matter where you're sitting... :)

That's convenient... :D

I was with you up until you said, "picked up tix on StubHub today for the 9/21 show". Man, why did you do that? There are plenty of tickets available here from members or even from Ticketmaster. I checked yesterday. StubHub charges you extra fees, no? I know TM does it too, but the broker fees are usually much higher...

That's an option to get you out to Gillette, but it won't work for the return trip. The last train from Mansfield to South Station leaves just after 10pm.

Thanks MoodyJ for your advice :) Looks like I may have to organise a Limo service to get me back to the Boston area. Expensive night eh? But worth it.... If I find a good Limo service I'll let people know if they need to get back to Boston as well

I need a ride for two people back to boston/cambridge sunday night. I would be happy to pay and or offer 2 GA's for monday. Can anyone help out or have any suggestions?

:sad: i know what you're going through. my catalytic converter went on my car while in route to Vertigo at Wachovia Center! i was heartbroken. i hope you are good to go by friday!!!

Wow. The guy at the dealer said I could drive to work since the check engine light just went on. So far, I haven't had any problems.

^^LauraMullen--so sorry about your car I hope it's fixed soon!

I got an email event reminder today--like I'd forget:lol:

Do we know for sure what time the parking lots are opening?

That's convenient... :D

I was with you up until you said, "picked up tix on StubHub today for the 9/21 show". Man, why did you do that? There are plenty of tickets available here from members or even from Ticketmaster. I checked yesterday. StubHub charges you extra fees, no? I know TM does it too, but the broker fees are usually much higher...

Well... On StubHub I was able to get the Upper Level $32.50 tix for $16 each, plus a $5 service charge total. Shipping was a bit pricey @ $16.95 for FedEx overnight, but... with my business/travel schedule, I needed to get my tickets in hand ASAP. (They actually just arrived in my hands about 15 minutes ago!) I won't be in the Boston area until Mon. afternoon, right before the show, so local pick-up of tix wouldn't have worked out for me. All in all, spending $53 total for two U2 tix is a good deal any way you slice it, IMHO... :) Yes, yes, I know I still have to shell out $40 for parking, but still worth it...

^^LauraMullen--so sorry about your car I hope it's fixed soon!

I got an email event reminder today--like I'd forget:lol:

Ha Ha. I got that too

I just called Gillette Stadium and was told that they would be releasing parking details today. They were still working with the concert promoter.

so it seems there will be different than usual parking set ups so we'll probably be able to get in there earlier than the typical 4 hours before event.

They said I could call back later today/tomorrow and also said it would be on the website when it was released.

1 lot at Chicago parking was listed to open at 6 AM but Ive read it was open at 5 AM.

IMO, thats a fair time to try to eliminate/minimize over night camping by the promoters but still give people the chance to line up pretty early if they want.

I've got two extra GA tickets for monday's foxboro show. I'm going to go to sunday's show but cannot stay for monday. Problem is, I don't have transportation from cambridge/boston to foxoboro and back on sunday. I heard something about a "rock bus" people were putting together. Can someone please send me info about it? I would be happy to trade my two tickets for monday's show for a ride on the rock bus for me and one other person. Thanks

The Rockbus website said their bus tickets for the U2 shows are sold out. Maybe call them up and see if they're thinking of adding another bus if demand is sufficient? Because I see there are 3 buses for Sunday, and 2 for Monday.

"Special Events Only" in the MBTA world means when the Patriots pay for it.

It was part of the approval process for the new stadium that the Patriots had to pay for the train service. concerts were not part of the deal so of course the Patriots/Krafts dont pay for it other than game days. The Patriots pay for the service, the MBTA keeps the ticket money.

you'd think the MBTA would step in for concerts, but thats expecting a little too much from a government agency in MA.
http://www.patriot-place.com/InteractiveMap.aspx

Thanks for the reply! Does anyone know how to get to the stadium then without driving? Is there a bus or something?

Thanks MoodyJ for your advice :) Looks like I may have to organise a Limo service to get me back to the Boston area. Expensive night eh? But worth it.... If I find a good Limo service I'll let people know if they need to get back to Boston as well

I'm looking for transportation from downtown also. We should see if we can get a group together for a limo. That or we're going to rent a car for the night.

I just called Gillette Stadium and was told that they would be releasing parking details today. They were still working with the concert promoter.

so it seems there will be different than usual parking set ups so we'll probably be able to get in there earlier than the typical 4 hours before event.

They said I could call back later today/tomorrow and also said it would be on the website when it was released.

1 lot at Chicago parking was listed to open at 6 AM but Ive read it was open at 5 AM.

IMO, thats a fair time to try to eliminate/minimize over night camping by the promoters but still give people the chance to line up pretty early if they want.

Cool. Thanks

Thanks! Look forward to your update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom