May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only those of us who live in the prairies can completely comprehend that yes, we are serious. Snow CAN happen at the end of May/beginning of June.... it's not entirely uncommon either. That being said, it's not as wet as rain :p

Greeeat. Haha, I know y'all are north of MN, but that's getting towards ridiculous. :p Mid-April is the latest we ever get snow, and it's uncommon.

Ice cream places here are heated so when it's cold out you still want ice cream (well, except for seasonal Dairy Queens). It's amusing.

A couple of years ago, it was the first weekend in June and we were camping at Split Rock Lighthouse (just north of Duluth) and woke up with a inch of snow covering the tent and ground.

As far as I'm concerned, BRING IT ON! How cool would it be if Bono got to sing amongst the snowflakes?
We can take it.

Extra Pre-Sale Codes?

I've heard that extra pre-sale codes are being given out for this show...if someone has an extra once they have procured their own tix, feel free to share the wealth?
darryl.livingstone (at) yahoo (dot) ca
Thanks so much...

A couple of years ago, it was the first weekend in June and we were camping at Split Rock Lighthouse (just north of Duluth) and woke up with a inch of snow covering the tent and ground.

As far as I'm concerned, BRING IT ON! How cool would it be if Bono got to sing amongst the snowflakes?
We can take it.

I suppose you're right. I was ridiculously happy there were flurries my one time at Lambeau...but that was December, haha.

If anyone has questions about the area, let me know!

If you're looking for hotels, I'd try places on Portage Avenue near main. The buses that night will be awesome so it's only a 20-30 minute bus ride to the stadium.

Also, considering how much the sound of AC/DC carried, I imagine everyone would be able to hear the soundcheck the night before no matter where in the city they are :hyper:

I just cancelled the Hilton, and booked the Viscount!:hyper:

I have seen snow at the end of May just outside Duluth. It would be cool to say we were the only venue that had snow!:shifty:

I think it would be amazing if it did snow. Just lightly. My friend's birthday is a day before the show and she claims it's hot more often than not during that time.

*crosses fingers for snow* :reject:

I think it would be amazing if it did snow. Just lightly. My friend's birthday is a day before the show and she claims it's hot more often than not during that time.

*crosses fingers for snow* :reject:

We are hilarious...snow please!:shifty:

I'm also hoping to be the one they pull on stage. Me and my mom are fighting for that honour! :lol:

It's her birthday so she plans to hold a sign that says so. What the hell, I've never even heard her play a u2 song! :madwife:

I just cancelled the Hilton, and booked the Viscount!:hyper:

I have seen snow at the end of May just outside Duluth. It would be cool to say we were the only venue that had snow!:shifty:

Booked there too :shifty: Hey hotel roomie :wave: :sexywink:

Race you there!!

We are hilarious...snow please!:shifty:

We're just typical tough Canadians :wink: We can take the snow!

Brilliant! The only thing separating you from the stadium is one huge shopping center and a multiplex! You'll probably see the top of the Claw from your hotel :D

I wish I could get from Toronto to Winnipeg. This show date is my actual birthday :(

For sure!!!! :hyper:

It is incredibly tiny....The show I went to, I was in section x, row 4. The stage was not even on the field at all...It was located in front of the whole thing. Crazy to think that those same seats would be beside the claw! :ohmy: There seriouslty won't be a bad seat, and I am thinking GA's will be hard to get. I am renewing my membership to get new codes!

The stadium may be tiny (only 29,500 permanent seats) but if you look at the concert seating chart on Ticketmaster, they are adding a temporary south grandstand (section AA) for the concert. This along with the seats on the field will boost capacity to 55,000! If it all sells out (and I don't see why it won't), this will make it the largest paid concert event in Winnipeg history! I'm glad I only live 6 blocks from the stadium as it will be lovely spring evening (I hope) to walk over there to spend some quality time with Bono and the boys for the first time since I was there in '97 for the Popmart concert. That one was my favorite concert of all time at the Canad Inns stadium (yup even better than Paul MCartney, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Bon Jovi!!!).

I noticed that AA section on there! However, there won't be any seats on the field. It will all be GA. That could mean it would actually fit more people.:shifty:

For those looking for hotels here's a couple that are downtown...

THE HOTEL FORT GARRY Fort Garry Hotel - Luxury Winnipeg Hotel | Bed and Breakfast Winnipeg Hotel, Manitoba Canada | Toll Free: 1 (800) 665-8088
It's one of Winnipeg's oldest and nicest looking hotels built by the Canadian National Railway. On Sundays it's got one of the best brunch's in the city as well. Not the most expensive hotel either - not cheapest, but not most expensive.

THE MARLBOROUGH http://www.themarlborough.com
Another old school hotel located right downtown - again, not the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive.

Another tip...alot of bands stay at the Fairmont on Portage and Main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom