July 6th 2010 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I cared about sports I would so be there. Are you staying the night in Chicago? Wild made the hotel arrangements - I'm just gonna crash on her floor :drool: Wild, is there room for a gorilla in the bathtub?

I actually hadn't been planning on spending the night. My uncle and cousin are going, but we really haven't made firm plans yet. I do have to find a way to avoid those god-awful Soldier Field parking lots though.

How would one get from Midway or OHare to the hotel? I know one of the trains (orange line???) goes from OHare to downtown. Maybe I could just fly in and head to the stadium via train and y'all can come by in the evening and get me!

Not sure what everyone elses plans are, but I'll be landing in Chicago on the 3rd, and my aunt already has an iterary for our trip, but she knows the 6th is spoken for. The Taste of Chicago is ending the weekend before the show and they got some nice acts playing.

Friday, July 2, 2010 •Rob Thomas

Saturday, July 3, 2010 •Steve Miller Band

Sunday, July 4, 2010 •Headliner - tba (I wonder if Chicago has a U2 Tribute Band :lol:)

I'll have to get out my old maps of Chicago. :hyper: When I lived there I only went down that way once, to find a bookstore. I seem to recall it not being the greatest neighborhood in the world.

Oh, and anyone know how far the Best WEstern is from the stadium - walking distance?

I stayed there in September for the shows and it is within walking distance, but for how expensive it was it was a dive. I decided to stay at the Hilton this time.

I'm flying into Midway on the 4th of July straight from the Toronto 3 show. I'll be using all of the 5th for sightseeing and tasting some of that Chicago-style deep dish pizza.:hyper:

I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency at McCormick Place. It's just a stop down the line from Soldier Field on the METRA Main Line.

Considering what Zooey said a few posts back- Are there any parts of that part of Chicago that I should avoid?:|

Oh hello there everyone.

My original plan was to take the South shore into Chicago, but it just occurred to me that I don't think it runs that late, so I am thinking I may need to pay to park at Soldier Field after all :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom