July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still see GA available...i tried my used code and was able to use it...although i did not purchase any tix, seeing as they may cancel it.

i have plans to go to the first show only.

My u2.com presale email took like seconds, but this GEG one took like 2 hours.

I got it 30 seconds after the transaction.

Just got my email from the GEG presale. Wow, that took a while.

That's what I thought.

The u2.com presale I got mine in seconds...

I'm frantically waiting for the email from the presale.

Fawk.....I'm worried.

EDIT: I got it...whew. Man....Chasing U2 is STRESSFUL and EXPENSIVE!

geg confirmation email is sooo long to arrive.

Bought my tickets at 1pm, still waiting for the confirmation.

Was there a 4 ticket limit or something ??? Im wondering if it's taking this long because I bought 6.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. But I have one spot on a code left to use. I'm a glutton for punishment....but is it safe to say that the North American dates are set....with perhaps....just perhaps....the release of one more NJ date?

Or are they gonna surprise us?

So, I bought 2 more GA's for a friend at 2:40ET and still haven't gotten that email. I wonder if I should be worried.

I haven't gotten my e-mail either. Also, I called GEG again asking them when they mailed the tix for the first show (since you Canada residents have already started to get them in the mail) and they said that the American orders have not been shipped yet.

Just got the email for the 2nd order I placed. Wow, they really make you sweat.

The good news is that it looks like all of the GEG presale tickets are sold with the exception of the $250 ones, which was the same as the
1st show, so sales for this show look brisk also.

Last edited:
anyone know the location of this venue site in relation to things in the city like airport/downtown/hotels, etc
It's at station namur on the orange line of the metro. about a 20-25 minute ride from downtown. i'd recommend to just stay somewhere downtown as it'll be pretty fun there later on in the night.

It's at station namur on the orange line of the metro. about a 20-25 minute ride from downtown. i'd recommend to just stay somewhere downtown as it'll be pretty fun there later on in the night.

Since many of us have never been there before, and I don't want to make assumptions, is downtown Montreal the eastern-central part of the island?

I really need to go get a guidebook.

And, just how much French should one know before going? None, basic greetings and such, enough not to seem like a tourist ass or full fluency? :D

downtown is kind of in the middle of the island. the downtown area is situated around the green line area (mcgill, place-des-arts, berri-uqam)

you don't have to speak a word of french. not one word. nearly everyone is bilingual.

I'm officially going to both shows!!...thanks to my good friend!..YAY!!! see everyone there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)..I'm soooooooo excited!!! :yippie::applaud:

downtown is kind of in the middle of the island. the downtown area is situated around the green line area (mcgill, place-des-arts, berri-uqam)

you don't have to speak a word of french. not one word. nearly everyone is bilingual.

I've only been there once, and anyone going is in for an amazing time. The bilingual thing is kind of funny, because in our experience people would often start to speak French to us and then immediately realize we barely knew any. So they would sometimes pause for just a nanosecond, and then bust out their perfect English, as if they were saying internally "alright..I guess I'll humor these chumps who probably only know one language." :)

We only spent a few days there, but I'd HIGHLY recommend the Botanical Garden. Absolutely gorgeous - I could have spent a whole day there, and I'm sure it will be insanely beautiful in July. Staying anywhere you have train access should be all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom