All discussion about Bad here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Electrical Storm dropped. Drowning Man dropped(before playing it) .

:wink:
now they're moving onto two word song titles! pretty soon this'll be all that's left:

i threw a brick through a window
two hearts beat as one
where the streets have no name
i still haven't found what i'm looking for
trip through your wires
even better than the real thing
who's gonna ride your wild horses
tryin' to throw your arms around the world
daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
some days are better than others
hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
if you wear that velvet dress
stuck in a moment you can't get out of
sometimes you can't make it on your own
i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight

I can't wait for the setlist that's just a two hour long version of Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1.

now they're moving onto two word song titles! pretty soon this'll be all that's left:

two hearts beat as one
trip through your wires

that's actually not a bad setlist :up:

two hearts beat as one
trip through your wires

looking at that from distance looked like a series of lyrics, not a list of song titles.

Bad hasn't been played for a while now. Somehow I thought they'd play it at the second Gig in NJ, but they didn't. Sad to see the song gone.

Anyone else missing Bad on this leg?

Bad hasnt been a nightly workhorse song for a few tours. But they used to do once every 3 or 4 shows on the last tours.

On 360 - just a few appearances in europe and only one airing in the US so far in Chicago

In my opinion, Bad and Streets have always made up the emotional core of a U2 show....

Very sad to see Bad not as present on this leg of the tour

Hoping I see it in LA but not holding my breath - since the 22 songs and out routine seems to have taken hold as of late.

Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Bad
Moment of Surrender

That would be the best encore U2 ever did.

I guess if it was played on a regular basis, we would all be moaning about the condition of bono's voice half way through the tour. Bad really takes alot out of him imo!

You can bet I am, very much MIA this tour more so than the last it seems. But, feeling this excited and giddy as Vegas and the Rose Bowl are so close now I can't get too upset. But yeah, why not rotate it or play it every other 3 or 4 shows? I'd even vote for rotating with MOS since both carry the same theme and both are similarly demanding on his voice.

I miss it played like it was on the 5th leg of Vertigo in Japan!

The 360 versions (especially London, what was that??) I just have not been feeling. It was much better on Vertigo than the way its been played at its few 360 appearances.

The Dublin versions were good, but not up to Vertigo tour standards.

I'm surprised by the lack of it. I thought they'd play it more often on the US leg than they did in Europe, but obviously, the US doesn't get "Bad" at all. I loved the versions on the European leg.

I think Bad and Streets need to swap setlist status.
OK, I think you've gone mad.

While I think "Bad" should be played more, and I REALLY want to hear it in Phoenix next week, I consider it a felony to not play "Streets" at a U2 show.

I think Bad and Streets need to swap setlist status.

Agreed! Bad should be played every show! I've seen great U2 shows before the Joshua Tree and can see a great U2 show without Streets. I've never understood the deity status of that song. It's always been just another song to me.

granted, the show i saw was on the american leg, but i thought it was brilliant. i've seen four u2 shows now and have only heard it that one time, so i wasn't sure what to expect. i know how it slays live, and having finally been able to hear it, it did not disappoint.

:huh: Weakest ever? Were you there at the same Amsterdam gig I was at?

It does not mean, that they were pure crap. I enjoyed them, too. But they were nothing extrordinary at all, too. And "weakest ever" does simply mean, that they were the weakest ever: Because otherwise I would have to say, that 'Bad' on at least one of the earlier tours (e.g. TUF, TJT, R&H, ZOO TV, POPmart, Elevation, Vertigo) would have been 'weaker' than 360. This is not true in my eyes and ears, because 'Bad' was stronger on all of them!
You see, just read carefully, be logical, know your stuff – and you'll understand, cheers ...:D

Back
Top Bottom