Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why don't you actually think about what you just said and how insane it is not to take in the beautiful music performed that exact way only one time, as opposed to a CD recording one could scream over. Those folks weren't respecting my right to hear, which is why we're all there, not to party like drunken asses and be obnoxious and scream every minute of the songs. Those people weren't being themselves, but some cliche approximation of what they think is cool.

i'm sorry, but i find your thoughts to be a little rediculous. i can honestly say that the first time i saw U2 live, i screamed my ass off the entire time.....not because i was in some stupid cliche, but because i was completely taken back by the whole experience. it's called emotion.

i'm sorry if i'm being rude, but your above post makes me very happy to be me, and not you.

the sound is going to suck in the circle. If you read about the speakers they are on top of the claws on each side. You want to be near sound board for best sound.....
the light show will probably be better from distance as well. Radiohead last tour was cool in pit but sound sucked and lightshow was not as intense as when you went back to seats

That was easy--4 GA for Chicago.

For those looking for seats, either tomorrow or in the general sale--here's a sample of location vs. prices (section/row price):

242/6 250
114/4 250
440/7 55
441/12 30
211/1 250
331/7 95
132/15 250
237/6 250
244/11 95
246/8 95
342/4 95
309/1 250
243/9 95
344/7 95
228/3 (which is where I sit for Bears games!) 95
124/15 95

I though 132 and 114 in the lowers was kinda far back for 250...:ohmy: Some pretty good seats still left.

Thanks for that info! I just bought a couple seats in an even 'worse' section than was coming up for me yesterday, sigh, 120, used up my presale, because I couldn't decide if I wanted to do GA or not(have those too). I just like to take it all in, and worry about whether it will stink for me to be on the field, being as petite as I am.
I've done side-stage for vertigo tour, and they were awesome, and if any had come up for me today I would have done it, but somehow I felt the behind-the-stage ones coming up for me yesterday were maybe gonna be not so hot (crab-leg in view, etc.). I recall being blown away for my first ever U2 show at the United Center in 2005 and I was in the bleediest of nose-bleeds. trade-offs, trade-offs.
For soldier field it seems to me that the cut-off section for the 95$ tix (forward of the stage) is 115, and lowers to the stage-side of that are going for $250 I don't know why this has to be a mystery, why they can't just do a price-map for us, argh. Cheers!

sorry.....my post came after yours....:huh:

It's fine.

I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way, but sometimes its best to just keep it to yourself because its pointless to start an argument over it. Plus, he's constantly getting ganged up on and regardless of his opinion, he's entitled to it and shouldn't have to get shit about it from every angle. It's best to just ignore his posts if they bother you. Move onto to something else that interests you.

hey how is the sound in a stadium show compared to a closed area? - i saw u2 5 times on the vertigo tour but they were all at the bank north center in boston so i dont really know what to expect

I seem to be missing something. Seems everyone wants GA tickets but I'm thinking that these will actually not be that great. It was one thing to be on the floor of an arena but on a football field, unless you are up by the stage, it is going to be very difficult to see, especially since the band will be elevated above where you are standing. For instance, the stage is set up around the 30 yard-line. If you are in GA and the closest you can get is the 10 yard line on the other side of the field, it is going to be very tough to watch the show. Yes, people sing and dance in GA but they do everywhere else in the stadium.

Let me know if there is somehting I am missing. I just think that the GA tickets will be tough, which is why they cost so much less than every other ticket in the stadium.

It's fine.

I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way, but sometimes its best to just keep it to yourself because its pointless to start an argument over it. Plus, he's constantly getting ganged up on and regardless of his opinion, he's entitled to it and shouldn't have to get shit about it from every angle. It's best to just ignore his posts if they bother you. Move onto to something else that interests you.

that's true. i always forget about that good ole "ignore" feature. :wink:

hey how is the sound in a stadium show compared to a closed area? - i saw u2 5 times on the vertigo tour but they were all at the bank north center in boston so i dont really know what to expect

Generally arena shows sound better than stadium shows but there are always exceptions, there isn't really anyway to know for sure...

I seem to be missing something. Seems everyone wants GA tickets but I'm thinking that these will actually not be that great. It was one thing to be on the floor of an arena but on a football field, unless you are up by the stage, it is going to be very difficult to see, especially since the band will be elevated above where you are standing. For instance, the stage is set up around the 30 yard-line. If you are in GA and the closest you can get is the 10 yard line on the other side of the field, it is going to be very tough to watch the show. Yes, people sing and dance in GA but they do everywhere else in the stadium.

Let me know if there is somehting I am missing. I just think that the GA tickets will be tough, which is why they cost so much less than every other ticket in the stadium.

I can safely say that nobody here is buying GA in the hopes of being at the opposite 10 yard line. The hope is to be as close as possible. And most diehards will spend enough time in line to ensure that if they don't get beeped into the RID Crabzone, they'll at least be on or near the walkway rail.

I can safely say that nobody here is buying GA in the hopes of being at the opposite 10 yard line. The hope is to be as close as possible. And most diehards will spend enough time in line to ensure that if they don't get beeped into the RID Crabzone, they'll at least be on or near the walkway rail.

What he said.

I plan on railskanking it up. :drool:

Ya boots is tonight. Can anyone see what kind of seats are available for Boston?

what are the seats left for Boston?
I thought GA was $37 and that $57 was for sitting areas?
Does anyone have a chart with price and sections for Boston?

27048s_a.gif

This is from Ticketmaster

I'm feeling positive about getting GA's for general sale. Granted, it's going to be a helluva lot more people on(and all of the scalpers will be out too :madspit: ), but the trend I'm seeing is people going for seats in Foxboro. Day 2 and GA's are still available. Good sign for Monday? :pray:

Why are people buying tickets for seats that they don't want in Toronto? Isn't it safe to assume that there will be a Toronto #2?

I think it's almost a guarantee. Whether there will be a pre-sale for it is a whole other matter.

As of right now, I have a GA for TO so I'm not that worried. I wanted to pick up 4 more today for people I knew, but if I can't, and there is no pre-sale, I will pick up GAs for other shows (LA, LV, etc.) and sell them here or elsewhere I guess, might as well make use of the code!

Back
Top Bottom