The Temple Bar - It's Fall, Yo! UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I could eat pumpkin ice cream. :sad: Trader Joe's is amazing. :love: Thankfully there's one not too far across the border, so it's just under an hour away from my house. I don't go too often, but I do try to stock up on the awesomeness when I can.

kaf - glad you love your new team! And sending you to Vegas?! WOW. Definitely an awesome perk! :hi5:

Today I'm going to start packing for my Hawaii trip! :hyper: I'm crashing at a friend's house tomorrow night because she lives closer to the airport than I do, and I have to be there at 4am on Monday. :crack: Ugh. It will be totally worth it, though! :drool:

Canuckestanian fail. :lesigh:

For sure - no Trader Joe's, no Century 21, etc, etc :sad: Thanks for the tip though, Lila!

WOW!! Vegas!! What an employer!! :drool:

Sharon - I think I'll have to add you to my Ignore List for the next couple weeks so I don't die of jealousy :sexywink: . Seriously, I'm happy for you!! :)

Sharon - I think I'll have to add you to my Ignore List for the next couple weeks so I don't die of jealousy :sexywink: . Seriously, I'm happy for you!! :)

This! :lol: I love you Sharon, but I soo-oooo hate you right now. :giggle:

And yes, Vegas. The only catch, if you'd even call it that, is that we have to attend a chiropractic/wellness convention, but all that's interesting to me, anyway. The rest of the time and the nights are ours. :hmm: I'm still not sure if I'm going to accept, though, because I may be taking a trip with a few gfs around the same time. Gah, decisions!

Hope everyone is enjoying le weekend! :wave: :kiss:

:lol: I doubt I'll be posting much (if at all) while I'm away, so you should have no problems ignoring me. :wink:

Definitely enjoying the weekend. Still lazing about in my PJ's. I should be cleaning and packing, but I'll get to that eventually. :lol:

Did someone mention my name?! :wink:

Hai thread! :wave:

Unfortunately the weather here is super crummy. :sigh: It's warm, but just really really rainy. Yesterday there were floods and all sorts of craziness. It's calmer today, but still miserable outside. :angry: Hopefully this gross system will move out of the way soon. We leave on Sunday morning, so at least we still have several days left, but it would be nice if the days were sunnier! I've got a fabulous tan already, but we're going on day 3 of rain. Cross your fingers for better weather tomorrow!

I'm eating loads of fabulous food, drinking lots (yesterday we went out for $3 margaritas - whoo boy! :wink: ). It's been a great time so far, but the weather is definitely frustrating.

Hope everyone's doing well! :hug:

Wow, no posts since I was last here?! :tsk: :wink:

The weather did improve, thankfully. :love: There have been a few short blips of rain, but basically it's been one long sun-fest since I last posted here. I've had an amazing vacation. It's just hard to believe it's almost over. I don't wanna leave tomorrow!! :lol:

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, or if you don't celebrate that, I hope your weekend kicks ass! :hug:

Unfortunately the weather here is super crummy. :sigh: It's warm, but just really really rainy. Yesterday there were floods and all sorts of craziness. It's calmer today, but still miserable outside. :angry: Hopefully this gross system will move out of the way soon. We leave on Sunday morning, so at least we still have several days left, but it would be nice if the days were sunnier! I've got a fabulous tan already, but we're going on day 3 of rain. Cross your fingers for better weather tomorrow!
Rain?!

You soooooo know what's coming..
violin_playing_hw.gif

:giggle:

Wow, no posts since I was last here?! :tsk: :wink:

The weather did improve, thankfully. :love: There have been a few short blips of rain, but basically it's been one long sun-fest since I last posted here. I've had an amazing vacation. It's just hard to believe it's almost over. I don't wanna leave tomorrow!! :lol:

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, or if you don't celebrate that, I hope your weekend kicks ass! :hug:
I know, everyone's been off staying busy with real life. WTF? Glad you had an amazing time, love. Leaving is always tough, though.

Hope you have safe travels. Talk to you back in the real world. :kiss:
Hi :wave:

:lmao: Love the sad violin! :giggle:

I'm back to the real world now. Sort of. :sigh: :lol: I'm at my parents' house for a week before going back home and back to work after the NY holiday. All my pics are up on FB, and I think I have the majority of the regulars in here these days on my FB. If not, I have a link to another place where all my pictures are stored, if you're interested. :)

We're going grocery shopping soon to stock up on food and booze for our annual NYE gathering with our Seattle family. Mmmm... food and booze! :drool: :wink:

Happy NYE, ladies!(And Phil ;) ) Enjoy your gathering, Sharon. Anyone else got big plans for tonight? I'm actually staying in for the first time in years. My friends and I just couldn't be inspired, try as we might, to plan anything. I think it's going to be PJ's, hot tea, hot soup, and couch with some fur babies and DVDs. :D Besides, the temperatures have dropped to subarctic again. :no:

Happy New Year to you as well! :hug:

We always have had our Seattle family up for a huge gathering over NYE, but this year so many of them are sick, so they bailed. :sad: Sucks. I'm going to miss hanging with them. However, our plan B party is still going to be pretty awesome. My aunt/uncle/cousin are coming over, as is my brother and his girlfriend, and potentially a few other people. We'll have a great time, even though the gathering will be much smaller. We've got truckloads of good booze (bought when we assumed that 13 people would be arriving from the States, :lol:)and delicious food that we'll be making this afternoon, so I'm looking forward to it. :D I'm making lobster bisque for part of the meal, except instead of lobster I'll be using fresh crab that my uncle caught off of his dock yesterday. :love: Should be amazing!!

A nice quiet evening in sounds great - nothing wrong with that! I hope you have a great evening! It's super cold here too (definitely below freezing), although probably not as cold as Calgary is, I'm sure.

Happy New Year to you as well, and everyone else! :D

Hope everyone's not feeling too hungover today. I'm still recovering, but it's not too bad. We had an awesome party last night and a great brunch this afternoon and I'm feeling much better now than I was when I first woke up. NOT a pretty sight, I must say! :wink: :lol:

]

Sharon, glad you survived the festivities. :giggle: How was the bisque? :drool:

Everyone LOVED it and raved over how amazing it was. Made me feel awesome. :D My aunt was there, and she's the head chef at my parents retreat centre. Every year on the Valentines Day weekend they have a fancy wine tasting weekend party, and she's asked me to come cook the bisque for the event! :ohmy: :hyper: That's quite the compliment, coming from a professional (and phenomenal) chef. Hopefully I can make it work! :up:

It's 2011 baby!!!! We gotta get this thread jumpin again :rockon::weekend:

Indeed! It is so far beyond fall now... :huh: :lol:

It's 2011 baby!!!! We gotta get this thread jumpin again :rockon::weekend:
Ok, you bring the Timmies, I'll bring the pole.. Sharon, you can bring the alcoholic beverage of your choice. Phil will be supplying the entertainment. I don't know what yet.

Everyone LOVED it and raved over how amazing it was. Made me feel awesome. :D My aunt was there, and she's the head chef at my parents retreat centre. Every year on the Valentines Day weekend they have a fancy wine tasting weekend party, and she's asked me to come cook the bisque for the event! :ohmy: :hyper: That's quite the compliment, coming from a professional (and phenomenal) chef. Hopefully I can make it work! :up:

I'm glad the recipe is a hit. Never seems to fail, does it? :D

Btw, I was thinking that you should hop the ferry on over to Victoria one weekend this month. A couple weeks from now, perhaps? That might be fun for no particular reason at all. :shifty:

I'm glad the recipe is a hit. Never seems to fail, does it? :D

Btw, I was thinking that you should hop the ferry on over to Victoria one weekend this month. A couple weeks from now, perhaps? That might be fun for no particular reason at all. :shifty:

Nope! :D Everyone who I've fed it to or given the recipe to has loved it. :drool:

Reeeaalllly... :hmm: I'm sending you a text. :shifty:

Sounds like a successful weekend, then. :sexywink:

You DID hear about Adam's kid, right? Ok, fess up, you're the baby-mama, m-I-rite??? :wink:

Sounds like a successful weekend, then. :sexywink:

You DID hear about Adam's kid, right? Ok, fess up, you're the baby-mama, m-I-rite??? :wink:

I did yes - on Sunday morning when I woke up after about three hours of sleep... Had to check my flight confirmation and there was a BBM waiting for me :lol:

No I'm not - I'm not French to start with *snerk* People are saying in that thread that it can't be true because Bono would've blabbed, but they're also mentioning the fact that we didn't know the gender of Larry's youngest for a few years. Personally I'm inclined to think it's true even though no one's said anything till now - and as for that thing about Bono, well these are three of his best friends, and if they ask him to keep quiet about something I think he would *g* I'd love to see just one picture, just to see how much he looks like his dad *g*

I did yes - on Sunday morning when I woke up after about three hours of sleep... Had to check my flight confirmation and there was a BBM waiting for me :lol:

No I'm not - I'm not French to start with *snerk* People are saying in that thread that it can't be true because Bono would've blabbed, but they're also mentioning the fact that we didn't know the gender of Larry's youngest for a few years. Personally I'm inclined to think it's true even though no one's said anything till now - and as for that thing about Bono, well these are three of his best friends, and if they ask him to keep quiet about something I think he would *g* I'd love to see just one picture, just to see how much he looks like his dad *g*

Haha, yep. As much as Bono likes to talk, I'm sure he has SOME amount of self-control. Give the guy some credit. :wink: Also, it's a pretty big fib for the press to come up with out of nowhere, so I'm inclined to believe it, too. I hope we see some pictures of Daddy Clayton at some point at least. :cute: Definitely not something I ever expected would actually happen.

Back
Top Bottom